Bookies give us no hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one gave the Titans a chance, and they beat us against all odds from 18-0 down. Can you imagine the odds the Titans were at at Halftime?

As farfetched as this sounds, we're actually going into next Sunday's game with a near full strength squad. Only Kasiano realistically is missing.
I had a bet on a Dogs win last week wasnt pay much like $1.30, realised the tv coverage was delayed went to check online and shazam saw the fulltime scoreline - i promptly turned off my tv and walked off to the pub.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only Kasiano realistically is missing. There's a fair few clubs at the moment in the top 8 that could only wish they've had as much luck with injuries.
this worries me, last year worst game of the season we had was when he had all hands on deck...last game against the knights.

Can we get any worst than last night? fck me!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will be a rorters souffs gf
"dream gf" for the joke of the nrl

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this worries me, last year worst game of the season we had was when he had all hands on deck...last game against the knights.

Can we get any worst than last night? fck me!
We went into that Knights game extremely cocky. We were stupid enough to think that Barba coming back and us being in the finals was enough to make it all the way. We had no respect for the Knights that day, and deservedly lost. That performance from us still stands in my opinion as the most shameful Finals loss I've ever seen in the NRL.

This year we've been given no chance. We've been told we don't even deserve to be there. The players know deep down how shit it feels bowing out Week 1 of the finals. They won't want to go through that again.

I give us a real chance against the Storm. If the game is refereed fairly and we get the bounce of the ball, we're just as good a chance as the Storm.

Everyone needs to forget about our loss to the Titans. The Cowboys nearly did the same thing the week before against the Sharks on their own turf. The Cowboys were thinking about Manly the next week, just as we were for the Finals series and making sure we got through unscaved.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went into that Knights game extremely cocky. We were stupid enough to think that Barba coming back and us being in the finals was enough to make it all the way. We had no respect for the Knights that day, and deservedly lost. That performance from us still stands in my opinion as the most shameful Finals loss I've ever seen in the NRL.

This year we've been given no chance. We've been told we don't even deserve to be there. The players know deep down how shit it feels bowing out Week 1 of the finals. They won't want to go through that again.

I give us a real chance against the Storm. If the game is refereed fairly and we get the bounce of the ball, we're just as good a chance as the Storm.

Everyone needs to forget about our loss to the Titans. The Cowboys nearly did the same thing the week before against the Sharks on their own turf. The Cowboys were thinking about Manly the next week, just as we were for the Finals series and making sure we got through unscaved.
Jeeze, all this positive stuff is getting a bit of faith back in me with the old Blue and Whites. If we win, we could get the wind in our sails and go on to beat Souffs and then the Rorters to make it to the GF.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Neither do i but i wouldnt know im just a shit fan thats based my opinion on the stellar form towards the backend of the season.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Neither do i but i wouldnt know im just a shit fan thats based my opinion on the stellar form towards the backend of the season.
The Roosters went into the finals last season winning only 1 of their last 3 games. 1 of those losses being against the Titans who put 30 points on them.

Obviously form didn't count much for them.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
No one gave the Titans a chance, and they beat us against all odds from 18-0 down. Can you imagine the odds the Titans were at at Halftime?

As farfetched as this sounds, we're actually going into next Sunday's game with a near full strength squad. Only Kasiano realistically is missing. There's a fair few clubs at the moment in the top 8 that could only wish they've had as much luck with injuries.
I gave the titans a chance at 1-12

Dogs are up and down all year, I think we will beat the storm 1-12
But lose next week

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We went into that Knights game extremely cocky.
Dont think so, knights had murdered/ beaten us twice before in that season.

The players know deep down how shit it feels bowing out Week 1 of the finals. They won't want to go through that again.

I give us a real chance against the Storm.
based on what? we have beaten them in the last game at AAMI park? that seems like 9 games ago. actaully it was 9 games ago. Interestingly at that time Cowboys had no hope of making the finals, they were struggling to win a game in Sydney, Roosters were 5th on the ladder, we were equal first etc etc.

I wish I could have your positivity but writing is on the wall.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could we plz just throw the ***** around. We cant score points so whats the difference between losing by 4 or 30. We need to score and score more than 18 pts to win

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
based on what? we have beaten them in the last game at AAMI park? that seems like 9 games ago. actaully it was 9 games ago. Interestingly at that time Cowboys had no hope of making the finals, they were struggling to win a game in Sydney, Roosters were 5th on the ladder, we were equal first etc etc.

I wish I could have your positivity but writing is on the wall.
Good point, I actually heard Mick Ennis on the BSB radio show this morning, and when asked about how Des has been with the guys after the disappointing loss Mick answered that Des has been really good, not ripping into the boys too much this year. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, I wanted to hear that Des had ripped them a new one, damn HAD ripped them a new one.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hello Owey,

Yes it seems as if from last year when Des had family personal problems like there is more important things in life than coaching or winning games like his health?

Yes they need passion and a big kick up the you know what to get them fired up again!

The only saving grace is the Dogs and the warriors I think have a better win loss record against the storm which you have to believe certain teams have the wood or know how to play others weaknesses!

This is why we need to play like the warriors more adlib and offloads from our forwards and play that 2nd phase play!

Even though the bookies give us no hope we were 80/1 to win the comp in 1995 coming from 6th Spot that year!

Mind you we did have the great Terry Lamb, Jim Dymock & Jason Smith just to name a few!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The dogs are going to pull out an awsome game against the storm and come away with a great win. Everyone will get there hopes up and think we had a plan all along. Weeek 2 comes and we will put in one of the worst games of the year and get dominated.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Owey,

Yes it seems as if from last year when Des had family personal problems like there is more important things in life than coaching or winning games like his health?

Yes they need passion and a big kick up the you know what to get them fired up again!

The only saving grace is the Dogs and the warriors I think have a better win loss record against the storm which you have to believe certain teams have the wood or know how to play others weaknesses!

This is why we need to play like the warriors more adlib and offloads from our forwards and play that 2nd phase play!

Even though the bookies give us no hope we were 80/1 to win the comp in 1995 coming from 6th Spot that year!

Mind you we did have the great Terry Lamb, Jim Dymock & Jason Smith just to name a few!
Yeah, he seems to have mellowed quite a bit, and if he was ever to rip a door of the hinges again, you would have thought that it would have been Sunday after capitulating a 18-0 lead to a 2nd string GC team.

Ahhh the '95 GF, such fond memories of those days. I still hope we can turn our form around, we have the players to do it.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, he seems to have mellowed quite a bit, and if he was ever to rip a door of the hinges again, you would have thought that it would have been Sunday after capitulating a 18-0 lead to a 2nd string GC team.

Ahhh the '95 GF, such fond memories of those days. I still hope we can turn our form around, we have the players to do it.
I can't believe it's the same year where we were odds on fav and leading the ladder way on top ffs what a emotional ride we had to put up with !!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Well like almost everybody else in the rugby league world the bookies believe we are no chance this year.
Save your money I say.
Roosters = 3.15
Rabbitohs = 3.50
Eagles = 6.50
Cowboys = 7.00
Storm = 8.00
Panthers = 13.00
Broncos = 29.00
Bulldogs = 41.00
We were 25.00 to win the comp in 1995

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
$41 is very optimistic. We should be closer to $100 because we have entirely no chance of coming close to a gf.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
$41 is very optimistic. We should be closer to $100 because we have entirely no chance of coming close to a gf.
deep down we all know reality, but miracles do happen..lol

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
People are hitting it. We opened at $3.50 for this weekend, I backed us at $3.40 last night on Sportsbet.
On Sportsbet, we are into $34 to win the comp. i couldnt resist throwing some cash on that either.
Crazy maybe, but big returns for small outlays.

Status
Not open for further replies.