Last Movie Watched.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watched a film called draft day, about NFL draft day. great flick, worth checking out
I was considering watching it to get me in the mood for NFL season. Super keen for the game tomorrow. Got my NFL game pass ready to go.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was considering watching it to get me in the mood for NFL season. Super keen for the game tomorrow. Got my NFL game pass ready to go.
You watching bro? Packers are up 7-3.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is the best defence you have seen? Ravens in 2000??
Yeah. I was only 6 the year the 2000 ravens played! Can still remember it and it is the reason I am a Ravens fan. That and because everyone else I knew was a pats bandwagoner so I stayed away from that one.

I know statistically the 85 bears and 70's steelers were great too. But I'm not that old hahaha so I can't judge them.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I was only 6 the year the 2000 ravens played! Can still remember it and it is the reason I am a Ravens fan. That and because everyone else I knew was a pats bandwagoner so I stayed away from that one.

I know statistically the 85 bears and 70's steelers were great too. But I'm not that old hahaha so I can't judge them.
Ray Lewis was fierce that year lol

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched "The Announcement" the other day, an ESPN film about the day Magic Johnson announced his retirement from basketball due to him contracting HIV/AIDS.

Just about all of the ESPN doco's are pretty good, the one about Bo Jackson was really good.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched "The Announcement" the other day, an ESPN film about the day Magic Johnson announced his retirement from basketball due to him contracting HIV/AIDS.

Just about all of the ESPN doco's are pretty good, the one about Bo Jackson was really good.
My favorite sports documentary is 'The Best That Never Was'.

At one point it was on youtube. Not sure if it is anymore.

Other good ones are the one of LeBrons High School team. More than a game.

And the Magic and Bird one. A Courtship of Rivals.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite sports documentary is 'The Best That Never Was'.

At one point it was on youtube. Not sure if it is anymore.

Other good ones are the one of LeBrons High School team. More than a game.

And the Magic and Bird one. A Courtship of Rivals.
I'll have to try and get those ones, haven't got them.

Survive and Advance was another good one - the '83 NC Wolfpack defy the odds to make it to the NCAA finals against #1 seed Houston

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy

9/10

Pretty freakin awesome. The comedy in it was well timed, great soundtrack, plot been done before though.

Overall a fun movie to watch

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to try and get those ones, haven't got them.

Survive and Advance was another good one - the '83 NC Wolfpack defy the odds to make it to the NCAA finals against #1 seed Houston
Cool i will have to check it out. Seriously though the best that never was is the best 30 for 30 imo. It is about Marcus Dupree

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool i will have to check it out. Seriously though the best that never was is the best 30 for 30 imo. It is about Marcus Dupree
Just had a look on YouTube and it's still there, in HD too. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow after night shift now.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a look on YouTube and it's still there, in HD too. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow after night shift now.
Cool man. Make sure you let me know what you think

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool man. Make sure you let me know what you think
Watched it this arvo, really really good. I got a bit emotional near the end too. Goes to show that despite having all that talent, you still need to work hard to achieve the highest echelons.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched it this arvo, really really good. I got a bit emotional near the end too. Goes to show that despite having all that talent, you still need to work hard to achieve the highest echelons.
Yeah it is pretty touching story. It is crazy how good he could have been though. That cotton bowl performance was legendary. And he only had 17 carries!

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol...was watching Wolf Creek 2 for like the 3rd time. John Jarratt is a legend.

Mick Taylor: [rolls down truck window] G'DAY!
Senior Sergeant Jnr: Get out of the vehicle...
Mick Taylor: No worries!

Hahaha..simple!

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Transcendence.... good concept but slow as fcuk
Watched it tonight, yeah was pretty slow. Interesting concept, creates a good philosophical discussion between the morals of AI and human interaction. Plot was pretty thin, and the script was pretty poor but the acting was good. 5 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.