Are we the slowest team in the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would say yes after seeing what happen to Perrett last night, he makes a clean break gets within 30m from their line he lacked the speed to score sadly but NO-ONE was in support ready to score but if someone was their that would of put away Souths to be honest.

Cronk is the most professional player in the game. He has his nutrition and fitness (more so lifestyle) nailed down. I hate QLD and Storm with a passion, however i cannot help admire Cooper. He is a perfect example that hard work and the right mentality topples natural talent.
Lafai obviously plays a different position, but i see these same traits in him. Following him on social media he seems to have his head screwed on.
Agree here bro, Cronk is always pushing his fitness and body so I bloody love seeing a player with that much dedication to get a physical advantage at any cost (legally offcourse!)

I also agree Lafai is this type of person, in terms of his build he is up there with being one the best in the NRL and he loves to train... train hard he lives that lifestyle. I hope some of our boys can take a page from his book and push them selves (Kasiano lol) also I think Mbye is also like this as is Lichaa and Jackson (he has a Bachelors in Health so he knows all the science for it!).

All these young guns are starting to see how important training his while some just seem to do what the trainers ask rather then pushing it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from brett and not seeing josh morris in open space in 2015, who else has speed to burn in our team?
Liccha? Mbye? Rona?

Are we still the slowest team in the comp?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our backline is faster than a few this season. Morris twins and Rona are all fast. Eels only have Radrada, Penrith have the slowest centres. We easily out pace Dragons and Sharks.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our backline is faster than a few this season. Morris twins and Rona are all fast. Eels only have Radrada, Penrith have the slowest centres. We easily out pace Dragons and Sharks.
Jmoz was really slow last year due to that knee problem.

Last year We were getting chased down easily in open space.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jmoz was really slow last year due to that knee problem.

Last year We were getting chased down easily in open space.
His knee looks fine this season. BMoz is the fastest FB in the comp.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about jack wighton from canberra? Did you see his 100 m try last week?
BMoz is way faster. Cronulla are the slowest team in the comp.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apart from brett and not seeing josh morris in open space in 2015, who else has speed to burn in our team?
Liccha? Mbye? Rona?

Are we still the slowest team in the comp?
Lichaa isn't too bad.

Mbye is quick (was fastest at the club a year or two ago). Now I believe the quickest at the club is Damien Cook. For a hooker that bloke can absolutely motor along.

Tasi is pretty fast as well.

Then there's guys like Thompson and Dodd who have a pretty impressive amount of pace. Both are up there with Brett Morris for pace.

Rona isn't fast. Has a really long stride though because how long his legs are, so when he really stretches the legs, he's not so much fast, but can cover ground easily. Powerful ball runner though and hard to stop with momentum.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa isn't too bad.

Mbye is quick (was fastest at the club a year or two ago). Now I believe the quickest at the club is Damien Cook. For a hooker that bloke can absolutely motor along.

Tasi is pretty fast as well.

Then there's guys like Thompson and Dodd who have a pretty impressive amount of pace. Both are up there with Brett Morris for pace.

Rona isn't fast. Has a really long stride though because how long his legs are, so when he really stretches the legs, he's not so much fast, but can cover ground easily. Powerful ball runner though and hard to stop with momentum.
That's like saying that usain bolt isn't fast he just has long strides, the long strides contribute to speed and aren't mutually exclusive

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's like saying that usain bolt isn't fast he just has long strides, the long strides contribute to speed and aren't mutually exclusive
This. Rona is quicker than thompson who is not quick at all over anything beyond 40m. Bmoz, Jmoz, Mbye, Lafai, Rona all have good pace, with the morris boys being in the top echelon of players in the comp concerning pace.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This. Rona is quicker than thompson who is not quick at all over anything beyond 40m. Bmoz, Jmoz, Mbye, Lafai, Rona all have good pace, with the morris boys being in the top echelon of players in the comp concerning pace.
I'd have to disagree on Thompson, he didn't get a lot of chances to show off in open space last year but he is definitely quick, just go back and have a look at some of the breaks he made off the 20m restarts. I think the reason we don't really see a lot in terms of free open space running from our outside backs is that our halves don't really play to a style that sets up their outside men

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not only are we slow, but do we look like a deer in headlights when it comes to defending out wide?
Lafai did not do too well last night defensively IMO did a Smith Brown and cost one try if I remember correctly.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the reason we don't really see a lot in terms of free open space running from our outside backs is that our halves don't really play to a style that sets up their outside men
Our outside backs DON'T support the ball carrier. We have this supposed monster pack, and our backs are no where within cooeee of the ball carrier ever. Enter BMoz who does just that, and hey presto 3 tries in 2 games.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats the hardest the game has been played in recent memory, the guys worked their asses off for the TELE to headline 'Bulldogs win over depleted Parramatta', well as far as I know Parramatta started with a full lineup so don't cheapen the victory boyz.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the **** were they depleted anyway? They lost semi.. Sandow was off for 15 mins which is when they scored all their points and choc was off for 20 mins. ****ing idiots

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Idris would be the fastest if he was still here. Haha. Anyone see that footage of him last year at panthers where the fat and bitch tits were wobbling and he was running like his legs were asleep? Hahahahaha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No, we arent.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One time we were lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How the **** were they depleted anyway? They lost semi.. Sandow was off for 15 mins which is when they scored all their points and choc was off for 20 mins. ****ing idiots
Losing your winger andd replacing him with Tangarangi was a massive disadvantage to them but we won so I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.