Next two games without Origin players

Status
Not open for further replies.

STIFFLA

New Pup
Reaction score
The next two game we play without Origin payers will be Eels at ANZ and Manly at ANZ.

What are our chances?

The Eels will be without Hayne, which is a boost for us, and Manly will be without DCE.

Manly will be tough to beat.
We will play manly with a full team soo 2 is on the 18th we play manly on the 6th

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think nsw will win series and hokko and josh will kill it

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's get real again, we won 3 games by 1 point in the last few minutes, if Johnston had have stayed low and dived we could have lost that one as well.
So what I am saying is we are in a much better position than we could have ever hoped for so we need to accept the fact we will drop a few matches we didn't budget for.
But most teams will have this same story at years end, still think we will be top 4 and hopefully in top 2

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will have more players available for game 2+3. As much as I'd like to think otherwise Hodko and Reynolds have one chance and one chance only. Anything other than a win in suncorp and they'll be back with us.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Let's get real again, we won 3 games by 1 point in the last few minutes, if Johnston had have stayed low and dived we could have lost that one as well.
So what I am saying is we are in a much better position than we could have ever hoped for so we need to accept the fact we will drop a few matches we didn't budget for.
But most teams will have this same story at years end, still think we will be top 4 and hopefully in top 2
Melbourne lost 5 or 6 in a row when they won in 2012. A form slump is almost inevitable. But at least we have put ourselves in the best possible position

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will have more players available for game 2+3. As much as I'd like to think otherwise Hodko and Reynolds have one chance and one chance only. Anything other than a win in suncorp and they'll be back with us.
Hope so, f*** Origin.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will be better off with our boys playing origin,all the gun teams have players who can perform in the big games we haven't had that for a while ,look at the big picture guys

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we iron out friday nights bugs and be more clinical we should smah the next couple of weeks with ease.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How stupid is the NRL. We verse 3 of our biggest rivals in the Roosters, Manly and the Eels during origin minus star players from both sides. These could've all easily been blockbuster games with huge crowds and tv ratings.

KALB NISS WATEE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How stupid is the NRL. We verse 3 of our biggest rivals in the Roosters, Manly and the Eels during origin minus star players from both sides. These could've all easily been blockbuster games with huge crowds and tv ratings.
Very very true!!!

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and that's why YOU don't work for the NRL my friend. because you have brains and the NRL HAS well.....Dave Smith.

I know they run some simulator software to workout the match ups but geez you'd think NRL would step in to ensure blockbuster games have no interruption due to rep rounds. Spectators lose out big time

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would say a loss for both. Our forwards did the job the other night but we didn't have anyone to get us over the try line with genuine attack.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Friday was nothing to panic about. To put it in perspective Nth QLD flogged the Roosters with their full squad then got dusted by the worst team in the NRL without them.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I would say a loss for both. Our forwards did the job the other night but we didn't have anyone to get us over the try line with genuine attack.
Agree. There was one set towards the end of the first half where we did 5 hit ups inside their 20m. Even Gould said wtf was that.

Also SBW is far less effective when he has a big guy like Rex or burgess knocking him around. He goes missing. Plus Morris is a much better defender down that side.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Gotta love how the NRL sets up the draw but then again the NRL ****ing up isn't necessarily a surprise tbh.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis had no faith in Mbye, that's why we lost.

The truck load of sets we had before half time lost us the game. Ennis tried to direct our attack, excluding Mbye, which failed. #RealTalk

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best way for the Dogs to go is to select players in their normal positions. When I saw Mbye selected at half and Stanley at five eighth I thought that it was a big gamble.

For the next two Origin games (presuming all four are still missing) I would put Stanley on the right wing, Inu on the left with Thompson anf Lafai in the centres. Moses Mbye would be Five eighth with Jaline Graham at half. In the forwards I would put Pat O'Hanlon in replace of Reni Maitua.

Status
Not open for further replies.