Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hope one of our papers fire back.

I mean I know this just proves they are scared of our halves but we shouldn't just be copping this without firing some back.

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sydney newspaper story writers (I can't use the term journalists) are too intent on negative stories on our own teams and rugby league in general. Trying to actually promote NSW over Qld is beyond their capacity.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Laurie Daley hangs this up on their lockers before origin 1. As if they didn't have enough motivation this should really do it...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
The Sydney papers would steal their headlines with the amount of shit we've copped over the years for no apparent reason

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Lol the Courier Snail , the Womens Weekly has better league writers

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can honestly say as a qlder that this does not echo the majority sentiment of qlder's and am personally spewin they did it, last thing we want to give is NSW extra motivation. We would definitely have wanted the usual duds selected in the halves. Media north and south of the border all suck big hairy balls and I think this is the best team NSW have selected in a lot of years and I am nervous. The NRL have also put tickets up beyond reasonable and for the first time in quite awhile (if ever) SOO1 is still not sold out. I went to get some tickets and the cheap ones at $80 dollars were sold out but the next best were around $180, $240 and $300 odd bucks hence why they are still for sale. Footy HQ taking fans for granted as always I'm afraid!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
**** me seriously? I hope the boys are revved up even more now

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I looked up the courier mail to read the article attached to this - I don't know if it's the same one but there's something saying Daley hasn't ruled out Pearce returning this series - is he serious, they haven't even played a game and he not backing them 100% - the article should be about Daley the Dud.

On another note there's also an article in the paper about Mal's brother being released after 21 years jail.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread hopefully it will come to "bite" them in the end!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I can honestly say as a qlder that this does not echo the majority sentiment of qlder's and am personally spewin they did it, last thing we want to give is NSW extra motivation. We would definitely have wanted the usual duds selected in the halves. Media north and south of the border all suck big hairy balls and I think this is the best team NSW have selected in a lot of years and I am nervous. The NRL have also put tickets up beyond reasonable and for the first time in quite awhile (if ever) SOO1 is still not sold out. I went to get some tickets and the cheap ones at $80 dollars were sold out but the next best were around $180, $240 and $300 odd bucks hence why they are still for sale. Footy HQ taking fans for granted as always I'm afraid!
You have to admit GD every year at origin time the Courier Snail ramps up the gutter talk , as a proud Blue who loves living in Sth East Qld it just fires us up even more ! That image of Gallen smashing Nate ( the dump ) Myles makes us happy :grinning:

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Don't worry about that guys.

On the Microsoft Word of the QLD papers, they don't have the word Dogs as they're too afraid for us to be on their computers, and, naturally, their autocorrect matched it to a word they often use when describing their rugby league teams.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You have to admit GD every year at origin time the Courier Snail ramps up the gutter talk , as a proud Blue who loves living in Sth East Qld it just fires us up even more ! That image of Gallen smashing Nate ( the dump ) Myles makes us happy :grinning:
That's why I hate it mate, no need to give extra ammunition. Just say nothing, turn up and play. You must be referring to the dog shot Gallen done which Myles just took and looked back at him unaffected by? ;)

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's why I hate it mate, no need to give extra ammunition. Just say nothing, turn up and play. You must be referring to the dog shot Gallen done which Myles just took and looked back at him unaffected by? ;)
dog shot? He looked him right in the eyes and cracked him. Myles had no answer he was rocked

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Farout $80 to $300 to watch a game of footy at the venue? What have the NRL come to rofl, you can sit at home with everything you need and watch it on Channel 9 or a stream...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those "duds" are leading the comp. Fck Queensland and the floods.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The irony of a dud newspaper calling the halves who have steered their club side to the top of the table "Duds".

They should boycott interviews with the Dud "journo's" who thought this was a good idea. Have they played Rugby League at a high level let alone represent their state? I can't wait for the day when a journo cops a hiding from a fired up player for putting out offensive shit like this.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW halves pairing are 1st on the ladder, QLD's are 5th and 8th (and..... Broncos are 11th btw QLD, so... yeh, good headline)

Hope they keep talking it up, Reynolds should enjoy that, and I do believe Hodkinson showed how he can be expected to react to being given shit in the Dragons game.... neither of these two need more motivation, but if they want to give it, great.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Farout $80 to $300 to watch a game of footy at the venue? What have the NRL come to rofl, you can sit at home with everything you need and watch it on Channel 9 or a stream...
Yeah I know, some of the dearer ones were "obstructed viewing" too. Watching SOO at Lang Park though is an experience worth going too but I grew up going to the games in the 80's so I have been to heaps. I was at the famous beer can shower game! They miscalculated this year though as the radio stations now are flogging off heaps of tickets on air lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.