Retrieving Iphone data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My piece of shit iphone 5 screen is smashed and will not work at all. The phone still turns on and rings, but I cant answer it or see anything at all on the screen. I am trying to backup from my computer but it keeps saying I need to enter the passcode on the phone so I can backup and then transfer the stuff to my new phone. On my other computer it says I need to allow access on my phone, but again because it's rooted, I cant do that. Does anyone know any way of retrieving all my contacts, music, pics etc with the screen completely out of action before I sing the Doggies victory song and have a party and throw the Iphone in the bin?

I've tried searching online for a way to do it but all the programs need the phone to be unlocked, or to click the allow access button which I can't do.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't owned an iPhone in a couple of years, so not sure if my answer will help.... but doesn't the iPhone get automatically backed up every time you connect the iPhone to your iTunes? Shouldn't you have let's say a backup from the previous time you connected iPhone to computer when screen was working?

That may be your only option, other than getting screen repaired.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My piece of shit iphone 5 screen is smashed and will not work at all. The phone still turns on and rings, but I cant answer it or see anything at all on the screen. I am trying to backup from my computer but it keeps saying I need to enter the passcode on the phone so I can backup and then transfer the stuff to my new phone. On my other computer it says I need to allow access on my phone, but again because it's rooted, I cant do that. Does anyone know any way of retrieving all my contacts, music, pics etc with the screen completely out of action before I sing the Doggies victory song and have a party and throw the Iphone in the bin?

I've tried searching online for a way to do it but all the programs need the phone to be unlocked, or to click the allow access button which I can't do.

This should do it if it's jailbroken

http://blog.i-funbox.com/?p=1722

Download ifunbox here

http://www.i-funbox.com/

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
iTunes should be able to or my bro can repair the thing for you if needed?

N

Natboy

Someone told me iPhone 5 screens are much more expensive to replace but I don't know if it's true

There is a way to access your iphone remotely but I can't remember how sorry. I looked into it years ago

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone told me iPhone 5 screens are much more expensive to replace but I don't know if it's true

There is a way to access your iphone remotely but I can't remember how sorry. I looked into it years ago
Real ones are much more expensive and last longer than fake replacement ones and the iPhone 5 is even easier to repair now, its like Lego comes all apart easily (good move by Apple)

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The links posted can't do it. I need to allow access on my phone and I can't because of the broken screen.

I can't retrieve my backup because it's saying the phone is passcode locked and I need to unlock it before it will let me backup and then retrieve, which defeats the purpose of a backup??? My phone isn't actually passcode locked so I think something went wrong when it cracked. To add another **** up, the computer that is is backed up on is old and shitty and now the keyboard won't work- I have tried 3 different keyboards and the computer won't recognise it for some reason. I tried to backup the phone on my other computer but again I have to press the allow access button on my phone, which I can't do. I'm ****ed!

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 because my iphone had the cracked screen and also the battery would last about 30 minutes before dying if I'm using the phone for anything. The phone is rooted and I was due for a replacement anyway, but the screen smashed before I could sort it out. The passcode lock thing has ****ed me.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baza, you'll probably need to take it to the apple store and get one of the virgins at the virgin bar to retrieve your data for you.

Same thing happened to my cousin's spiPhone a while ago

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That Wondershare EOSoft link should definitely do it, because you can put the phone into the mode required using the power and home button, unless the home button is borked as well.

In that case I believe the software allows you to change the mode of the phone.

Failing that, as KE said, the Apple Store is your best bet.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorted. I happened to walk past a phone repairs place in a shopping centre at Bella vista just now and asked if he could fix it and how long to do it. He did it in 20 minutes and charged $120. Good as new.

I will now backup all my shit and change it to my new Samsung. I did the same at another shopping centre and said it takes 2 weeks and has to be sent away. Muppets.

Thanks everyone.

N

Natboy

Glad it's all sorted mate. I'll tell my mate that you can still get the screens repaired cheap

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sweet as, being serious if you are in the Sydney area looking to repair an iPhone my bro is pretty good with them and cheap.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Best way to transfer your shit from iPhone to Samsung = Smart switch. Google it :grinning:

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best way to transfer your shit from iPhone to Samsung = Smart switch. Google it :grinning:
That's what I used. Easy as, but for some reason it didn't transfer my music onto it, just 10 random songs fro my wife's playlists??

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Mate, I've got both an s4 and a 5s.

One of them are prone to software crashes, bugs, photo glitches, freezing, running out of memory. The other on is the iPhone 5s

Make Google your homepage mate, you're gonna need it to iron out all the glitches. good luck!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good to hear it's all resolved, and not a bad price either!

Got myself the new One M8 the other day... holy moly.. what an impressive bit of kit.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you dont want that peice of shit Iphone anymore, I would be happy to take it off your hands.

I had an Iphone 4 just got the screen replaced 1 week later some **** pick pocketed me and took that

along with my wallet.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The battery is rooted on my iphone 5. It will last about 3 hours if I'm not using it, but if I'm using it I only get about 20 minutes out of it before it turns off even when it still has 60% power left. Common issue from what I have found on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.