2014 World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Green pegs a goal back for the USA, game is still very much alive now
If Belgium manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it will go down as one of the biggest chokes in the WC. It's been a great game though.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Full Time: Belgium 0 - USA 0

End of extra time: Belgium 2 - USA 1

The match suddenly exploded in extra time, Belgium could've won that match by 10 goals with the amount of goal scoring opportunities they managed to create

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Belgium deservedly through. They will give Argentina and hard time I think. Belgium played very week against a hardworking USA.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Come on man, I'm Greek but let's not start splitting hairs. We know the keeper is not allowed to come off his line in a penalty and ref could have asked for it to be retaken but you know what, Gekas would have missed again if he had to retake it.
When youre playing against 10 men for 55 minutes against Costa Rica in a WC knockout game and have control of the game and can't close it out then you only have yourself to blame. Greece had its limitations up front and paid the price.
Rainieri is taking over as coach and there are some good young players coming through so the future looks bright.

Belgium are looking very good against America so far but they've just conceded, it's 2-1 now in extra time.They should be up by 6 goals but now they have 10 minutes to see it out.
None of the WC favourites have looked convincing to date, Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Holland and even France against Nigeria have looked ordinary. The quarter final match up are all good games except the Holland - Costa Rica game where Holland should win easily.
agree with you about the future being bright for Greece...the old boys will be gone now...and forever remember...but the youth coming through is very exciting...Holebas is a top top player...should be playing in the prem!......kone and mitroglou will only get better...and players like fetfatzidis will come good once they get their chance...our football has improved a lot in the last 2 years...let alone since euro 2004....
but an Italian coaching Greece....THAT WILL DO ME ....even if he is a good coach......

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
agree with you about the future being bright for Greece...the old boys will be gone now...and forever remember...but the youth coming through is very exciting...Holebas is a top top player...should be playing in the prem!......kone and mitroglou will only get better...and players like fetfatzidis will come good once they get their chance...our football has improved a lot in the last 2 years...let alone since euro 2004....
but an Italian coaching Greece....THAT WILL DO ME ....even if he is a good coach......
well they had a german coach and they did well with him tbh

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ranieri is much better than the current Greece coach. Santos made my mistakes not only with his selections but also with his subs.

If Belgium fix their goal soring problem they can knock out Argentina I think.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
haha I know Ranieri is a top coach...but my missus is Italian and have a few Italian mates that will give it 2 me...gota love the Rivalry

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
AT & T Stadium AKA Cowboys Stadium

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hopefully in 20-30 years they can make hologram technology so that they can reproduce the game into any stadium so that it looks like they are playing there tbh

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
hopefully in 20-30 years they can make hologram technology so that they can reproduce the game into any stadium so that it looks like they are playing there tbh
Already perfecting the technology.... Project Bluebeam.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I believe Tim Howard pulled off an impressive 16 saves, already getting a lot of love from the Americans..

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Quick question:
Are you guys and girls over league at the moment because of the World Cup?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you go to a stadium to watch a game on the big screen?
That screen is amazing. It's the world's biggest HD TV. They even have Xbox tournaments on it. They play FIFA and Madden.

Quick question:
Definitely. I even forgot when State of Origin II was on.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Quick question:
definitely over league...but the NRL always has a lul over the origin period...dogs have been losing...and our best players not available...good timing really...but the world cup will be wrapped up in just over a week...and so will origin...so we get back into heading into the finals...then premier league starts!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And NFL! Fcking LOVE that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.