2014 World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty entertaining game. I think the Nigerian keeper was outstanding but unlucky to let in those 2 goals. How many great saves did he pull off? Really kept Nigeria in the game.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Pretty entertaining game. I think the Nigerian keeper was outstanding but unlucky to let in those 2 goals. How many great saves did he pull off? Really kept Nigeria in the game.
Think both the Nigerian and Mexican keeper have enhanced their reputations with quality goalkeeping in the tournament, great pickup for any clubs interested before the start of their domestic season

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Quality game between Germany and Algeria

Algerian keeper with a crucial double save to keep his side in the game

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Unbelievable, we are heading into extra time and possibly a penalty shoutout

It was all Algeria at the beginning of the match and it's all Germany towards the end of the match

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I knew the Germans wouldn't have an easy match against Algeria. Good game to watch even though there have been no goals.
When this World Cup end I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms. It's been great to watch.
I want Algeria to progress from here, they are the underdogs

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Schürrle opens the scoring after 2mins of extra time

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Özil makes it 2 nil and Germany will progress through to the quarter finals

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Full Time: Germany 0 - Algeria 0

Extra Time: Germany 2 - Algeria 1

Thrilling match that ALMOST went to penalties

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
King of Assists, doing what he does best and the footy Gods awarded him with a gooooaaallll

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn Germany giving me a heart attack!

Last edited by a moderator:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Controversy over Colombia's World Cup death toll after raucous celebrations

Bogata: Authorities are at odds over the toll from weekend violence sparked by Colombia's raucous celebrations of its World Cup win over Uruguay - with Bogota's mayor mourning eight dead but police only saying 34 were wounded.

The festivities following the Saturday win, which qualified Colombia for the quarter finals for the first time, resulted in more than 3000 violent incidents nationwide, the National Police said in a statement.

There were 34 wounded, including three who were shot, the statement said.

But Bogota's mayor claimed on Twitter that eight fatalities had occurred - a figure disputed by the police commander, who insisted the death toll was zero.

"There were no violent deaths linked to celebrations" following Saturday's game, Humberto Guatibonza told the press, adding that only four violent deaths occurred all day.

"Every day people die in Bogota for different reasons," he added.

On Saturday, police had said a 25-year-old woman was killed in an accident caused by a stray bullet fired in celebration, but later revised the report to say she had been targeted and murdered by a gunman.

Bogota has a homicide rate of 15.8 people per every 100,000, according to figures from the city.

By banning alcohol sales and increasing policing during the matches, Colombia had hoped to stem the sort of post-game violence that took place when its team beat Greece on June 14.

Following that match, police reported nine people dead, 150 vehicle accidents and 3000 fights.

In the next game, Colombia - which had not made a World Cup tournament in 16 years - will face powerhouse Brazil on July 4.
Haha. Those crazy Cokelumbians.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Quality commentary:

[video=youtube;ygc3IfN-gjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygc3IfN-gjA[/video]

[video=youtube;1-UMOjAeoSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-UMOjAeoSs[/video]

[video=youtube;0S1orI_ef8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S1orI_ef8I[/video]

[video=youtube;kpPyuG_vrZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpPyuG_vrZI[/video]

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LO-Fcking-L at the last one. "Suarez, he is a rodent. Finds small spaces, bites ****'s faces."

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I fancy a Germany v Argentina final

although the Germans need to improve their start against France. Algeria is basically the French B team and nearly took it to penalties

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i know it's been a couple of days and i'm probably a butthurt greek fan here but if you watch that gekas missed penalty against costa rica in the shootout you'll actually see the keeper stepped out of the line before gekas shot and in doing so gained an unfair advantage to make the save.

Just sayin' it was an illegal penalty :o
hahhahahaahahahhahhaahaha

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I'm not expecting Argentina to have any issues in winning their game against Switzerland but it should still make for a good game. Bring it on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.