Kennel Dad's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 1 son (3 years old), and another boy on they way (Due July)
My 3 year old is called Angus, Name pending on the 2nd one

Angus is a challenge to say the least (there is a strong possibility he has a very mild form of autism) but I would not change him for anything.
As I always say, He is the best possible Angus he can be.

Every day is an adventure, but one that I LOVE.

If I have to watch the movie Cars one more time I may scream

One day when he can pay attention for more than 3 seconds I will take him to his first Bulldogs game.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 1 boy called Finnegan. He is 1 in a few weeks.
Good parts: the changes over time with him becoming more responsive (smiles, laughs and other random noises).
Also saw him stand unassisted for the first time a few weeks ago.
Also seeing my family enjoy spending time with him.
Also the relationship with wife takes on a new dimension. I once heard someone say that a child makes a good relationship stronger and a weaker relationship weaker,

Bad: not many as he is a good sleeper (early routine was the key I found)
I guess when they get stroppy in the arvo can be stressful!

I have been lucky in that my work has 3 months paid paternity leave which I think has created a great bond between us.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I got 3 kids.

- Midget (Zoe) is 8. She was born with her heart/lungs all wired up wrong so she'll continue to be a constant worry growing up. I imagine she'll grow to be blonde, about 50kg wringing wet and no bigger than 5'2", so I'm gonna have my hands full beatin' away the teenage boys with a stick in about 5 years. She's a Daddy's girl. Bangs heads with Mum all the time. I can see her being a business owner.

- Pork Chop (Xavier) is 6.5. Highly sensitive, way too intelligent for his own good. Been constantly assessed for Autism but fails to tick enough boxes so we get the funding for his peculiar little needs. The plan there is to steer him towards sports/arts as outlets. It's only been the last month or so he's taken an interest in footy cards and the "score" when a game is on. We bought him 10 packs of cards, and what does he do ? He immediately sorted the players into birthday order. I can see him in a band one day. I wanna get him drums so he can use that as a creative outlet and bond with other social outcasts as he grows.

- Pye (Skye) is almost 2 and will be the life of the party when she grows up. Even now she's the resident class clown at pre-school. Teachers turn their backs to get lunches served, and the class starts cracking up laughing ... when they look to see what's up, there's Pye dancing on the tables while everyone else is sitting well behaved. Her language has exploded the last few weeks and she'll pretty much repeat anything that's got 2-3 syllables at the moment. She kicks soccer balls already and can run like the clappers. She might wind up playing for Australia in something.

Fatherhood didn't just change me, it's saved me.
It's mellowed me right out.

Sure, I'm going grey and sleep is a fond memory of my single days, (and Dogkat is right about those f*ckin kids toys penetrating your foot in the dark at 3am on the way back from the loo) ... but the best part of my day is pulling in to the driveway knowing that the sound of my footsteps coming to the door means the world to people I love.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All great parents in the above posts.

Its funny when you cant wait for the little ones to "start talking", then you hope they can stop. They never do!

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its funny when you cant wait for the little ones to "start talking", then you hope they can stop. They never do!
You spend the first couple of years teaching them to talk and walk. Then you spend the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and shut up! Lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Electronic drum kit brother, Works wonders for autism due to the repetition. As does iron maiden.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You spend the first couple of years teaching them to talk and walk. Then you spend the rest of their lives telling them to sit down and shut up! Lol
Bahahahaha so true!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm quite happy with little Bubba with her da da dad dad followed by a big pig snort and a laugh

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh and EJ has graduated from the Wiggles to recorded Bulldogs games, mind you he has to wear his jersey and hold his bulldogs ball while watching or he loses it.
haha yes, that's awesome

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got 3 kids.

- Midget (Zoe) is 8. She was born with her heart/lungs all wired up wrong so she'll continue to be a constant worry growing up. I imagine she'll grow to be blonde, about 50kg wringing wet and no bigger than 5'2", so I'm gonna have my hands full beatin' away the teenage boys with a stick in about 5 years. She's a Daddy's girl. Bangs heads with Mum all the time. I can see her being a business owner.

- Pork Chop (Xavier) is 6.5. Highly sensitive, way too intelligent for his own good. Been constantly assessed for Autism but fails to tick enough boxes so we get the funding for his peculiar little needs. The plan there is to steer him towards sports/arts as outlets. It's only been the last month or so he's taken an interest in footy cards and the "score" when a game is on. We bought him 10 packs of cards, and what does he do ? He immediately sorted the players into birthday order. I can see him in a band one day. I wanna get him drums so he can use that as a creative outlet and bond with other social outcasts as he grows.

- Pye (Skye) is almost 2 and will be the life of the party when she grows up. Even now she's the resident class clown at pre-school. Teachers turn their backs to get lunches served, and the class starts cracking up laughing ... when they look to see what's up, there's Pye dancing on the tables while everyone else is sitting well behaved. Her language has exploded the last few weeks and she'll pretty much repeat anything that's got 2-3 syllables at the moment. She kicks soccer balls already and can run like the clappers. She might wind up playing for Australia in something.

Fatherhood didn't just change me, it's saved me.
It's mellowed me right out.

Sure, I'm going grey and sleep is a fond memory of my single days, (and Dogkat is right about those f*ckin kids toys penetrating your foot in the dark at 3am on the way back from the loo) ... but the best part of my day is pulling in to the driveway knowing that the sound of my footsteps coming to the door means the world to people I love.
that's awesome man, Me and the misses are planning to have some next year, we are going to Europe in august so we wil start trying when we get back, or maybe while we are there

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4 kiddies for me.

Kayne almost 10, Mason almost 8, Ashton 6, and Leah 5.

The boys are at the age where they argue heaps and someone is always whinging and getting hurt. They watch wrestling and get in the trampoline and try the moves and within 5 minutes there is always someone screaming like they are getting murdered, but I am very happy at the stage in life they're at. No nappies, no annoying Wiggles and Hi -5 and all that sort of baby stuff. The two older boys love watching the footy, especially the Dogs. They had no choice in who they go for. Mason loses his shit if the Dogs are losing or even if the other team is on the attack. He stands up and starts waving his arms, yelling at our boys to "tackle the stupid dickhead" which I let him get away with if it's footy related. The boys all play footy to different standards. The two older ones are in division 4 but my youngest is in division 1.

My boys are also at the age where I rent all the old school movies I watched when I was a kid, like The Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, ET, the old Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory and stuff like that. They love them. I also watch Mary Poppins with my daughter (Shhhhhhh). Leah is very affectionate and is always giving me cuddles, or just sitting on me while we are watching tele. She always has to have her blankie sitting on us too.
My kids do my head in most of the time, and having 4 of them has made life very busy, but I wouldnt change a thing. I never wanted kids, but wouldn't be without them now. I have a short temper and am always getting in trouble off the Mrs for losing my shit at one of them for doing something, so I'm trying to relax more but a hug from my daughter normally fixes my shitty mood.

Ashton is a Type 1 diabetic which is a really shit thing, but we just have to deal with it and do our best to keep his sugar levels in the right range. It's hard for the Mrs and I to go anywhere with just the two of us because most people we know are scared to look after him, but it won't be long now before he can look after himself. I would do anything for a cure for this shitty disease.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My little one is a whirlwind, cannot focus on anything for more than 10 seconds (except putting his toy cars in a line), the other day I walked into his room and he was lying down, I ran and grabbed my camera, and this is the result

Hands down, one of my favourite photos I have ever taken

Last edited by a moderator:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah ye old toy car lines lol .know that well and lines of pens, books, dvds

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm watching our game v dragqueens for the 12th time courtesy of Assassin Jnr lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah ye old toy car lines lol .know that well and lines of pens, books, dvds
If it can be lined up, it will be lined up, if it can't be lined up, he tries.

And he does not forget a thing, if you promise him something to shut him up, you had better be ready to deliver!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it can be lined up, it will be lined up, if it can't be lined up, he tries.

And he does not forget a thing, if you promise him something to shut him up, you had better be ready to deliver!
Lol lol lol yes I learnt bullcrap empty promises and autism don't mix . because they do not forget.the boys used to count everything on the dinner plate and heaven forbid is one had a extra pea.they used to turn there noses up at anything that wasn't meat and 3 veg or fukking tacos. These days they will try anything at least once and love that, Indian, Italian. Greek and middle eastern foods.and they don't count food no more . The making lines is getting less and less also

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got 3 kids.

This comment made me laugh so hard.

I have a friend with 2 children - boy and girl - both autistic.

I don't know how she manages, but at the same time, her Facebook posts about their latest antics absolutely crack me up. (Or make me want to cry.)

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My little one is a whirlwind, cannot focus on anything for more than 10 seconds (except putting his toy cars in a line), the other day I walked into his room and he was lying down, I ran and grabbed my camera, and this is the result

Edit - clearly I do not know how to insert an image into the body of a post. If someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it
Angus is a cutie!

Id be happy if my son could concentrate for up to 10 seconds.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

Ecca ... go back to your original post and click on "Edit". It'll reveal the coding you need to insert pics. Click on "cancel" after that to preserve your post as it is.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
4 kiddies for me.

Kayne almost 10, Mason almost 8, Ashton 6, and Leah 5.

The boys are at the age where they argue heaps and someone is always whinging and getting hurt. They watch wrestling and get in the trampoline and try the moves and within 5 minutes there is always someone screaming like they are getting murdered, but I am very happy at the stage in life they're at. No nappies, no annoying Wiggles and Hi -5 and all that sort of baby stuff. The two older boys love watching the footy, especially the Dogs. They had no choice in who they go for. Mason loses his shit if the Dogs are losing or even if the other team is on the attack. He stands up and starts waving his arms, yelling at our boys to "tackle the stupid dickhead" which I let him get away with if it's footy related. The boys all play footy to different standards. The two older ones are in division 4 but my youngest is in division 1.

My boys are also at the age where I rent all the old school movies I watched when I was a kid, like The Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, ET, the old Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory and stuff like that. They love them. I also watch Mary Poppins with my daughter (Shhhhhhh). Leah is very affectionate and is always giving me cuddles, or just sitting on me while we are watching tele. She always has to have her blankie sitting on us too.
My kids do my head in most of the time, and having 4 of them has made life very busy, but I wouldnt change a thing. I never wanted kids, but wouldn't be without them now. I have a short temper and am always getting in trouble off the Mrs for losing my shit at one of them for doing something, so I'm trying to relax more but a hug from my daughter normally fixes my shitty mood.

Ashton is a Type 1 diabetic which is a really shit thing, but we just have to deal with it and do our best to keep his sugar levels in the right range. It's hard for the Mrs and I to go anywhere with just the two of us because most people we know are scared to look after him, but it won't be long now before he can look after himself. I would do anything for a cure for this shitty disease.
Diabetes (type 1) is a cruel disease that leaves a poor kid with a life burden, its so unfair and hopefully your little one is good during his time!

Status
Not open for further replies.