Would you want to be a Kennel Mod?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well actually this week special guest in 'the lounge' was Konrad Hurrell. Boy that sucked!
Talking about sucking.... there is plenty of mod sucking happening at all times on this forum.

some mods gets sucked more than the others, but seriously some people just cant get enough.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. Been mod on other forums and Guild Leader in online games and moderated those boards and it's just not worth the hassle. Especially on such a busy forum like this one.

The 2% arse tounging you get just isn't worth the 98% drama and bullshit.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just see it as an extension of my initial Kennel experience. It's not like it's a ton of extra work I have to get through everyday. There's quite a few active mods around here so it's not like some other forums where you find 1 or 2 mods are doing everything they can to keep some kind of order around the place. It's not even about some kind of ego driven power gain, if anything people tend to stick you a few extra needles when you become a mod. Pretty much it's a way of giving back to the community. A community I've enjoyed for a long long time. Go the mighty Bulldogs!

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd do it.

But I'm also fifteen which spanners the works.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ive been a mod for a few weeks and this is my early impression:

Not too much work, cleaned up some spam, closed 1 silly thread, kept an eye on things. Not too hard.

BUT....we havent lost a game since i started, and i am expecting it to turn into a sh1tfight when that happens. I will repost after our next loss lol. (that is if we ever lose again of course hehe). It is amazing how calm and friendly this place is during a winning streak :grinning:

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
any mod/member post 2010 has no idea what tk is capable of

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A good mod, moderates unnoticed. Best advice I've got.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A good mod, moderates unnoticed. Best advice I've got.
That's the unmarked HWP in the bushes approach.

I think I'm more the marked HWP car hiding in the middle of the freeway nabbing everyone for 1kph over :lol:

HAPPY 5000th post mate!!! *lets off a party popper*

Haha I doubt it'd be that hard.

I was an idiot in the past but looking back the mods have done a great job over the past few years and I think the inclusion of Mr Invisible as really cleaned this place up.
hahaha careful. I know a bloke who used to dub his staff "chocolate lips" for kissing up with comments like that :roflol:

You'd be suprised. Around Grand final time last year this place went beserk.. not just with legit users signing up, but trolls from opposing sides, and also shitloads of spammers.

Then you have the cunning scammers who register on here, lay dormant for weeks or months, spam the Albums/Visitors messages without mods knowing, and only get exposed when a watchful eye sees something suspect, or when they go bonkers and spam the crap out of the place. With dynamic IPs and proxy servers that makes the job even harder and they pretty much have infinite number of IPs they can spam from.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Make me mod, I do good job really trusk me

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember in about 2008 when it was basically just you, Vai and me with a thousand spambots every hour, and every **** on here wanting to kill each other? All the noob mods don't know how ****ed up this place can get.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't there also a massive spam explosion last year either around or on grand final day?

Thank goodness that the antispam measures are working here a bit better now.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember in about 2008 when it was basically just you, Vai and me with a thousand spambots every hour, and every **** on here wanting to kill each other? All the noob mods don't know how ****ed up this place can get.
So just e-thugs and Lebs lol?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
lol yeh it would have been fun in 2008. You guys would have been working overtime.