He wants to sue us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
If he signed a MOU for the amount stated in the media then he would have a case to some degree. It is still a binding agreement.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he In the city team? If so hopefully trex knocks him out in his sleep

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait for this suit to fail. It will be absolutely delicious.

Hopefully the Sharks have to pay our legal costs at the end of this crap.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting outcome to this should he (highly unlikely) succeed in attempts to reclaim $3.2 million in damages from the club....as suggested previously, this amount hits out salary cap; one can only assume this amount would be spread across the four years Fifita was to be contracted to us under the terms of MOU.

Alternatively, should an 'out of court', 'undisclosed' settlement be reached in this instance and the amount is to be applied to our salary cap, then it is impossible to remain 'undisclosed' ?!

-cb.

Malla

Reaction score
Fifita would be hoping he can settle with the Dogs and not have it go to court.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fifita's manager (I.am.shithouse) is trying to get anything he/she can get. After the way they have handled Fifita, who in hell will sign with them in the future?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if he is suing us for $3.2m, lost earnings I take it, he must of re-signed with the sharks for $0.
Yes, that's what I don't get. Lost earnings would need to be the difference between what he would have received from Canterbury and what he is actually getting from ASADA Sharks. Say their reported offer is correct. 600K a season and say Canterbury did offer the 800K, that's 200K a season difference. 200K x4= 800K.

Why he thinks he's entitled the full 3.2 million is beyond me. I highly doubt our CEO/board promised him in writing 3.2 million dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait for this suit to fail. It will be absolutely delicious.

Hopefully the Sharks have to pay our legal costs at the end of this crap.
If it happens it won't be anything to do with the sharks, Fifita himself will have to sue us - which makes it even better because if it fails the money will come out of his pocket.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby League- Allowing men that are dumb as dog shit the chance to become millionaires.
He's a dribbler and I can't see how he can sue for the full contract amount, if anything.

No surprise to see Danny Wiedler's ****ed up head behind this all too.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ch9 News Has Hands On A Confidential Letter That Could Cost The Club Millions.
Details @ 6

steeliz21

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This whole thing is crap. If he was going to sue what has stopped him from starting court proceedings? Just talk by a 3rd rate "journo" on a slow news night.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trial By Media. Wants To Win the Battle Of Public Opinion. legally I Doubt He Has A Leg To Stand On. The Dogs Should Not Engage In A Media War With Him. Nor Should They Settle To Shut Him Up. Let Him Talk And Take Them To Court. The Dogs Will Unless Their Lawyers

A

Alexander the Great

Trial By Media. Wants To Win the Battle Of Public Opinion. legally I Doubt He Has A Leg To Stand On. The Dogs Should Not Engage In A Media War With Him. Nor Should They Settle To Shut Him Up. Let Him Talk And Take Them To Court. The Dogs Will Unless Their Lawyers

Do You Have Sore Fingers After You Type?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think the dogs should do any settlement because it would be twisted by the media that we were guilty and are trying to save face

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we settle not sure if it could impact Salary Cap..... think it's safer just to send the simple dude a banana

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After careful consideration i have decided to withdraw the offer of the banana. Thankfully I have not received any acceptance of the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.