Nrl still hasn't cleared canterbury over Graham's heavy head knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under a cloud: Canterbury’s James Graham scores against Melbourne in his controversial round-four appearance after suffering a heavy hit.
The NRL is still looking into whether the Bulldogs breached the new concussion rules by not removing English prop James Graham from the field immediately after a heavy tackle in their round four win over Melbourne and later allowing him to return.

Canterbury were already one of three clubs asked to provide an explanation about possible breaches of the strict guidelines introduced this season after second-rower Josh Jackson continued playing in the round two match against Cronulla at ANZ Stadium.

Parramatta and Penrith are the other two clubs asked to provide more information about incidents in which players showed signs of concussion but played on. Eels centre Will Hopoate did not come from the field at all in the club’s opening round win over the Warriors, while Panthers hooker James Segayaro stayed in the defensive line until the end of a set of tackles against Melbourne in round two.

Advertisement

Graham initially waved a Bulldogs trainer away after putting his head in an awkward position as he tackled Storm prop Jesse Bromwich in the second minute of the match in Perth. The Englishman appeared to stagger back into the defensive line and made another tackle before he was eventually taken from the field.

After undergoing a concussion assesment, Graham returned to the field 12 minutes later but commentators, who predicted he would be ruled out of the match, questioned whether he should have remained on the field after appearing to suffer another head knock before scoring a try in the 60th minute. Fairfax Media columnist Peter FitzSimons took aim at the NRL last Saturday for the lack of action against the Bulldogs over the Graham incident but officials on Monday said it was still being investigated and no decision had been made.

The NRL receive the results of all SCAT-3 sideline concussion tests conducted by club doctors but have asked Canterbury, Parramatta and Penrith to provide more information over the four incidents involved Graham, Jackson, Hopoate and Segayaro. The NRL has made it a priority this year to get the message across to clubs that concussion is a serious player welfare issue and most in the game have embraced the changes.

Penalties for ignoring the new rules range from the loss of competition points, a substantial fine or the suspension of registration of key personnel.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL should hire the commentators to rule on concussions, seeing as they have played such an important ****ing role in the Graham case.

This is a ****ing cultural Issue withing the NRL you dickwads! Deregistering personnel and deducting points isn't the only solution, you need to educate people in an ongoing manner over time so that everyone buys into doing the right thing by the players.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitzsimons would love nothing more, for us to lose points. Man head may prob rear 'it's' ugly head as well on this issue. These two imbeciles work in tandem.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fitzsimons would love nothing more, for us to lose points. Man head may prob rear 'it's' ugly head as well on this issue. These two imbeciles work in tandem.
You're lucky Chris Harding quit the kennel, he would of had another hissy fit because you called that bald c*** an imbecile.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're lucky Chris Harding quit the kennel, he would of had another hissy fit because you called that bald c*** an imbecile.
Lol. Just heard on radio Dogs fined 20k over the Jackson concussion. But 10k has been suspended.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man head rearing its ugly head.lol that's fantastic

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL should hire the commentators to rule on concussions, seeing as they have played such an important ****ing role in the Graham case.
Don't forget how good Fittler and some of the others were about Chase Stanley and his "broken arm/wrist" seeing they are medical experts.

Next time one of my kids get hurt, forget the doctor I'm taking them straight to Ray Hadleys.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget how good Fittler and some of the others were about Chase Stanley and his "broken arm/wrist" seeing they are medical experts.

Next time one of my kids get hurt, forget the doctor I'm taking them straight to Ray Hadleys.
I'm still waiting to hear from Fittler and co what those lumps on his arms are....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nobody should worry about losing comp points for it. They are only fining clubs for breaches. It is a new rule and not cheating anyway so taking comp points would be inappropriate. Zero chance we will losr points and I don't have to pay the fines so im not concerned

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody should worry about losing comp points for it. They are only fining clubs for breaches. It is a new rule and not cheating anyway so taking comp points would be inappropriate. Zero chance we will losr points and I don't have to pay the fines so im not concerned
I'm not worried either but I just hope the NRL Integrity Unit don't base their decisions on these amateurish journos. I highly doubt it. Obviously there has to be protocols put in place for them to make their findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.