Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With Tedesco being out for up to 2 months, it will be interesting to see who steps into the FB role at the Tigpies, and whether there is an opportunity for us to swoop for next year!
Do u mean we would swoop on a tigpies reserve player who replaces tedesco? So tigpies reserves are better than perrett now? Hope that's not what u mean coz that's just silly.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do u mean we would swoop on a tigpies reserve player who replaces tedesco? So tigpies reserves are better than perrett now? Hope that's not what u mean coz that's just silly.
What I mean is that it provides a full dress reversal over 4-8 weeks to look at one of their young guns (not Richards hopefully), playing in a position we haven't seen them play in. And if that means we get to learn about a player who has the potential to play fullback int the medium term, than yeah, as I don't believe Perrett is the long term solution at fullback.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I mean is that it provides a full dress reversal over 4-8 weeks to look at one of their young guns (not Richards hopefully), playing in a position we haven't seen them play in. And if that means we get to learn about a player who has the potential to play fullback int the medium term, than yeah, as I don't believe Perrett is the long term solution at fullback.
At least with perrett you know there is high chance he will not only actually complete a full 80 minutes but a whole season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perett has displayed nothing but solid improvement in every 5 of his games at fullback. His a professional that is as safe as a bank, puts his body on the line and is rarely injured. He is learning the art of drawing and passing quickly (something he rarely does on the wing) and I honestly would not be surprised if he is fullback of the year if he keeps it up.

Who would have thought it would have worked out so well in the backs? Good work Des.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We may well wait it out and see who becomes available towards the end of the year. There were a few "up and comers" signed to clubs last year, which nobody has seen anything of yet.

One of them might get a bit unsettled not getting a run at their current club, and get signed up instead.

Perrett probably only has a few (2 or 3) years in him, before he'll be too slow for the modern game.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but I'm happy with how Perrett is going this year. Nothing spectacular but he's doing a decent job. If he keeps his form up I'd be happy to keep him for a while until one of our juniors steps up or something worth buying comes along. Tedesco is a very good player but I'm also a bit worried about the injuries and if he wants over 400K at this stage of his career i wouldn't bother.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Dessie sees great potential in templeman maybe he gonna leave perrett for a while until he sees that tempo is ready and then give him a crack at first grade. That's prob why we havnt signed a fullback yet. However If we were to sign a FB hayne needs to be number 1 priority. Further more we really need to buy atleast 1 winger, mansour would be preferable, and inu and Stanley can fight it out for the other wing spot. But then that leaves perrett out so there is a bit of a delimma maybe we will let inu go, have perrett on wing an Stanley for back up.

1.hayne
2.perrett/Stanley
3.morris
4.lafai
5.mansour

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kurtis rowe will debut for the tigers this week if anyone is interested.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kurtis rowe will debut for the tigers this week if anyone is interested.
Cool, thanks. Seems like Mick Potter has confidence in his junior players to put him into FG this week....obviously a different philosophy to Desmond.

Then again, Potter should know a decent fullback when he sees one, he was fantastic back in his day at FB for us.....Dally M winner no less!

Correction, 2x Dally m winner 84 for us 91 for Dragoons (don't remember that!).

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what happened to Tim Moltzen?

Is he still injured & what happened to him?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happened to Tim Moltzen?

Is he still injured & what happened to him?
One of sheens' and benji's crew.. Once they left everyone saw how much of a passenger he was. I heard he was injured again and they were trying to give him away to the super league.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of sheens' and benji's crew.. Once they left everyone saw how much of a passenger he was. I heard he was injured again and they were trying to give him away to the super league.
What a dumb ass.

He could have went to the Dragqueens & he would have still be there. The Dragqueens are dumb enough.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a dumb ass.

He could have went to the Dragqueens & he would have still be there. The Dragqueens are dumb enough.
The guy is perpetually injured to the point he looks scared to hit it up. He was probably a promising player at one stage but he has 0 confidence to the point he has a moot outcome on games if not slightly negative because he doesn't give 100%

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
3. Morris
4. Lafai
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Graham
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
14. Mbye