James Graham signs with Dogs till 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
As great as Eastwood has been in the past for us, he is constantly injured. Same with Kasiano.

I wouldn't mind either moving on. I can see Kasiano staying for his relationship with players but too be honest I'd much rather Tolman, Graham, Fifita, and Klemmer in first grade with him in NSW cup. I can also see us letting Llyod Perrett going with the depth we already have.

If it meant we could score a fullback, if Morris did decide to leave for Dragons, I wouldn't be that dissapointed. We have Lafai, Stanley and Inu who can cover centre and with the forward pack we have you really only need a better spine than what we currently have.

I can see us keeping Michael Ennis but would also be happy for him to go. If we did decide to let the 4 players go we still have a formidable if not better side.

1. Templeton
2. Brown
3. Lafai
4. Inu
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Finucane

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. O'Hanlon/Jackson
17. Mybe
Must keep J.Moz and Kas , would love to get B.Moz - did anyone see his try yesterday with the fagons ? Eastwood , would like to keep but if we lost him too bad - same with Tolman

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
fifita 850k
graham 700k
williams 650k
pritchard 550k
klemmer 330k
inu 225k
moses 200k

don't know what the rest is on

Thats 3.5mil for 7 players out of 25, salary cap is 5.5mil, u can see why people keep mentioning it

* Fifita won't be on $850K
* Fifita's money doesn't go towards this year's cap - $5.5m - but next year's increased one
* Mbye's re-signing doesn't override his current contract, so it kicks in from next year
* It's $150K in 2015, and $200K in 2016, by the way
* Barba's transfer fee is credited to our cap
* Our backs, collectively, aren't taking up much cap compared to others

Perspective mate.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Transfer fees aren't counted towards the cap for either party involved.
I was under the impression Brisbane payed what Barba's contract was worth. Do those funds not go into our salary cap considering we don't have that player any more?

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why aren't the bulldogs publicising all the new signings like they use to. Instead now we hear it from the media ?
According to the Nrl bulldogs channel on my t-box, they announced it on friday night.

Very happy with his sigining.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was under the impression Brisbane payed what Barba's contract was worth. Do those funds not go into our salary cap considering we don't have that player any more?
Nah, those funds act as a transfer fee essentially and can't be used as part of the cap. Same deal as with Bath and Souths with Burgess.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome news. Hopefully we can offload Barney if need be to keep Kasiano. Next year is looking very good. By then Mbye will have played 10 or so NRL games hopefully and will be ready to shine.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Nah, those funds act as a transfer fee essentially and can't be used as part of the cap. Same deal as with Bath and Souths with Burgess.
Maybe I didn't express myself correctly before - "transfer situation".

What I'm getting at is, is that we're not paying Barba's salary any longer for 2014, meaning that it's wiped from our salary cap. True? The transfer fee was (I believe) Barba's contract/salary cap worth - that's what I meant there.

Anyway, I think we have more cash than some people believe.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
fifita 850k
graham 700k
williams 650k
pritchard 550k
klemmer 330k
inu 225k
moses 200k

don't know what the rest is on

Thats 3.5mil for 7 players out of 25, salary cap is 5.5mil, u can see why people keep mentioning it
I think a few of those numbers are inflated. Fifita is closer to 650k, thought williams was 600k not 650, Pritchard i dont know, Why would klemmer be on so much straight out of the juniors? Inu is about right and why would mbye be on so much, hes unproven in anything above holden cup. Just my thoughts. If we are paying all those players that much, someone should be sacked in our admin.

Also the cap goes up again next year i believe.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These figures are JUST THAT..Only the club,players and there managers know exactly what money there on.This is a media beat up to cause uproar between fans.Not many players that sign for other clubs have there salaries splashed all over the news or it's only said to be REPORTEDLY on so much but when it comes to the Bulldogs,they seem to think they know exactly how much and it's always exaggerated amounts to stir shit up.There claiming graham will be on $$700,000 a season but realistically he will be on around $500,000 MAX.LAST YEAR not one person was barking we are over the cap WHY,because they thought we weren't a threat.this year we lose barba and a few more players and still have $400,000 in our 2014 cap available yet we sign fifita for next year and we are questioned over our cap..JEWSTERS e.g $BW(no less then 1 million) Jennings (750,000) and moloney no less then 500,000) all in one then mini ($no less then $400,000) Pearce no less then $500,000,SKD $300,000,sheck $300,000,Hargreaves $350,000,Mortimer $250,000 just to name a few that had there salaries printed in the papers plus another 20 or so players left in the cap AND they win the premiership but shed no one yet there never questioned lol...WE GOT 2 STATE OF ORIGIN players AND MORRIS PLAYS FOR THE KANGAROOS TOO.we got 3 current kiwis (Pritchard kasiano and Eastwood) and 1 Englishman.JEWSTERS HAVE 5 state of origin players and no less then 13 internationals all up in there roster...

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Off Contract 2014: Harlan Alaalatoa, Kayne Brennan, Mitch Brown, Tim Browne, Lachlan Burr, Michael Ennis, Drury Low, Reni Maitua, Josh Morris, Tom Murphy, Lloyd Perrett, John Talioe Sila, Pat Templeman, Corey Thompson

I see the bold moving on, where Reni will retire, Ennis will retire, move on or resign for one year, Brown will go, as will Drury Low due to our surplus of backs..
The underlined are players we must re-sign, and I believe Tim Browne deserves a spot in the starting lineup yet I don't think we have the space for him so he might leave in search for that spot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't express myself correctly before - "transfer situation".

What I'm getting at is, is that we're not paying Barba's salary any longer for 2014, meaning that it's wiped from our salary cap. True? The transfer fee was (I believe) Barba's contract/salary cap worth - that's what I meant there.

Anyway, I think we have more cash than some people believe.
Oh sorry, yeah that would be the case for sure. And we'd be front loading certain contracts this year to be able to have more flexibility to sign Fifita and re-sign everyone we have just like we did when OMG aka $BW left.

You're right in that we'd have more money than people think.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's always someone questioning salary cap. Don't know why people bother.

Leave it until to the club no one knows shit besides the club themselves.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Graham, awesome! Kasiano should be kept, 's my opinion.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news for the Bulldogs..

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's this about the Bulldogs being unable to retain/attract star players???

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think ennis,tolman ,trex should be the main ones to go thats over $1 million

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To think we waste a million for them 3 gzz we need to start fresh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.