Gallen on 'Fifita defecting' & 'Bulldogs salary cap'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry, I might be showing my ignorance but how can you claim a team is being paid over the salary cap for a player that they have signed for next year that they aren't even paying yet and without knowing what players they might lose that would free up more money. Why has Kent never questioned the Roosters playing roster and that they could possibly be over the salary cap?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah the poor dumb-ass is just upset that no-one is knocking on his door offering more money!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL... i wish ASADA would just come out and name the drug cheat already!

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
I hate c***s that talk shit when they are cut.

A drug cheat claiming we are cheating, oh the irony. Im pretty sure the two only clubs not cheating now is us and the Storm. Once bitten, twice shy.
Don't worry. He'll have a lot of time to reflect on his career when ASADA catch up with him.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Why has Kent never questioned the Roosters playing roster and that they could possibly be over the salary cap?
This x 10000000000000000, throw in Rabbits also. Kent is an imbecile!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm what the Salary cap for 2014 is? NRL.com is stating 5.5mill with a few exceptions and allowances whilst some news websites are reporting 6.3mill with a gradual increase to 7mill by 2017?

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A bloke I know was having a few beers with Gallen last year and he said he is "Shitting himself" about ASADA.

He doesn't mind a whinge but he is a bit like Willie Mason- if asked a question he won't give bullshit cliches, he will just say what he thinks. I admire that.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Coming up on the roast in a segment on the bulldogs salary cap

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A bloke I know was having a few beers with Gallen last year and he said he is "Shitting himself" about ASADA.

He doesn't mind a whinge but he is a bit like Willie Mason- if asked a question he won't give bullshit cliches, he will just say what he thinks. I admire that.
I admire it when it's an intelligent answer,
When someone says what they really think, and it's an intelligent response, that it what is admirable,
But guys like Gal and Mason, say the first thing that pops into their head because they are too stupid to carefully word their answer, and hence say stupid things,
I can't admire stupidity.
I get your point, and I also admire intelligent people who call a spade a spade, but have no admiration for those stupid people who just say what they feel no matter what cause they are stupid.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Would be quite hilarious to see the crap that would be fabricated if Kent and Gallen were in the same room.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe Kent and Gallen think our current Administration would let us breach the salary cap. Like we want to go down that road again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe Kent and Gallen think our current Administration would let us breach the salary cap. Like we want to go down that road again.
What do you expect from dumb c***s?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the next time Paul Kent interviews one of our players his told to **** Off ...

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are going to have to lose at least two high-profile stars because of the magnitude of the Fifita deal. That’s so they can fit in Sharks hooker Michael Lichaa and a fullback.
“We won’t suffer too much when Andrew goes because we can pick up two international players,” Sharks skipper Paul Gallen said.
“You’d remember we picked up a range of players when Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden left us ... we did not suffer at all. And the same will happen this time around. Andrew made his decision and that’s fine. Now I don’t know the full extent of the Dogs cap, but you’d have to think they will need to lose a player or two.”
It certainly appears that way. Fifita will earn $850,000 a year while informed estimates on the salaries of Josh Morris ($700,000), James Graham ($650,000) and Tony Williams ($500,000) are just some of the big ones. Josh Reynolds ($500,000), Frank Pritchard ($450,000), Michael Ennis ($500,000), Aiden Tolman ($350,000) and Sam Kasiano ($350,000) also represent a good whack of cash. The line about Ben Barba’s money allowing them to move is hard to swallow – he was never on massive money at the Dogs.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/andrew-...ry-bulldogs-20140315-hvivs.html#ixzz2w8V5004E

Ok so the bloke is starting to sound like a petty little child now and behaving like a spoilt little ****.

Hey Paul, please don't question how the dogs manage their affairs especially when you have ASADA nipping at your heels. Come and talk to us when you team wins a Grand Final you ****ing clown.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I might be showing my ignorance but how can you claim a team is being paid over the salary cap for a player that they have signed for next year that they aren't even paying yet and without knowing what players they might lose that would free up more money. Why has Kent never questioned the Roosters playing roster and that they could possibly be over the salary cap?
No Janice, you're showing common sense, not ignorance. Unlike most of the media and rival fans that scream "salary cap" as soon as we sign anyone.

Like you so observantly noticed, Fifita is signed for 2015, we could release many players before then. We certainly will release some at the end of the season like all clubs do.

Haters gonna hate but I can't stand the stupidity they display in doing so! Tbh most of the other clubs cop it too. Maybe not from the media but from fans unhappy that their own clubs aren't run as well, and they don't have a savvy recruitment and retention system.

As good as the players Roosters, Souths and Melbourne have, they can mostly be explained too. It comes down to having the right mix of a handful of stars that get a big chunk of the cap, good up and comers that aren't on a lot and the rest are solid players on lower salaries.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The article from Paul **** is pretty insulting as it insinuates one of 2 things. Or possibly both. We're either A) Being poorly run and are throwing stupid amounts of money at anyone who's off contract or B) We're rorting the cap.

Either one is insulting and either one is based on an uneducated assumption. Paul **** does not have the privilege or knowledge of the finances of Canterbury. All his figures are assumptions and not fact. If even one of his estimates of a player's salary is incorrect, his entire article is invalid. He either needs to provide proof or he needs to STFU.

Why is Canterbury questioned when we sign Fifita yet when the Roosters paid the, alleged, same amount for a centre AND SBW, nothing is said? He has no idea what goes on inside a club. He may know a bit more than the average man but that doesn't mean he knows the finance of an entire club.

Articles like these are very dangerous. But what do you expect from Phone Tapping Limited. I mean News Limited. The same News Limited who were rorting the cap for all those years and no one said a word when Brett Finch signed on for "$50,000 a year"

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gallen should worry more about the sharks admin for many reasons and less about what Canterbury are doing. It's not our fault the Sharks are imploding. He's taking out his frustration on us. If it does come out that he has been a part of the ASADA drama, what credibility will he have then. It's getting to him and I don't blame players for wanting out of that rabble.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After we smash the sharks tonight I think our forward pack and 1-6-7-9 should go over together and laugh at him!

Status
Not open for further replies.