he didnt play that bad and was pretty safe at the back

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get why the hate for him

he didnt play that bad and was pretty safe at the back
gotta blame someone

it was a shocking start but i thought he played well after that too

he isn't a great ball player like the best fullback but neither are the guys being rumoured to us atm (hoffman, hiku, robinson, fish etc)

perret probably isn't a long term option but i like him as a stop gap untill templeman/phillips or even mbye are ready

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
I really liked his enthusiasm when running the ball back. I am actually really happy with Perrett as our fullback. First game of the year and first time at fullback for a while, so he will get heaps better and be good enough to take us through the finals.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
gotta blame someone

it was a shocking start but i thought he played well after that too

he isn't a great ball player like the best fullback but neither are the guys being rumoured to us atm (hoffman, hiku, robinson, fish etc)

perret probably isn't a long term option but i like him as a stop gap untill templeman/phillips or even mbye are ready
exactly he dropped a ball and kick it out of the kick off

also its funny how everyone forgot how shit barba was at fullback when he first started

i think alot of people dont realise how fit you have to be at play fullback as well,when barba first started back he was swapping with turner a few times of the game to catch his breath.So throwing a young guy back there (mbye has been suggested ) i dont actually think is good for the team just yet because of the speed of 1st grade and how physical it is

N

Natboy

Barba may have made some mistakes when he first started but he had two things Sam doesn't, pace & an ability to back up the forwards sniffing for offloads
Everyone is entitled to an opinion though

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to hear I like his admiration, but no he is not a full back!

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
This speaks volumes.

Shouldn't he have been training in that position all off season? You would expect with all the fullback speculation (or lack there off) the coaching staff would have been preparing for this scenario at a early stage so come round 1 they would be ready to rock and roll.

Probably explains why it looks like no issues were addressed in the offseason.....
If I can recall there were mentions that he with a few others were training for the spot.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he could watch some Barba video on last second desperate defence maybe he is the best man for the job, plenty of first grade experience but needs to show more speed.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perretts a bandaid fullback until we get a better one. He's about the only choice we have for now with his experience to handle the pressure there where as other candidates are either injured, have no 1st grade experience, will be playing out of position or simply don't want to play there. I don't see any other choice at the moment.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least he'll be going into the rd 2 with a point to prove.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know this might be the wrong time to say it but we shoulda just paid Barba what he wanted.

N

Natboy

I know this might be the wrong time to say it but we shoulda just paid Barba what he wanted.
He still would've bashed girls and probably done more drugs then. He is a loose cannon. I miss him on the field though

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you either have the Fullback gene or you don't. Anyone just can't just learn to play there effectively.

He is sadly a winger through and through. There is no way he will keep the position unless we do not sign anyone else.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perrett would make a great fullback if it was 1988. The modern fullback is an attacking weapon that can potentially strike from a kick return, and also to sniff around all over the field and create something, whether it's hanging off the forwards looking for an offload or by lurking out wide creating an overlap. Perrett doe neither. He is normally a safe player that rarely makes mistakes, but we need more than that, especially seeing we lack spark in other key positions.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His 2nd half was pretty good. He made good metres and didn't **** up.

If Des believes he's our best option short term or long I'll follow.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perrett would make a great fullback if it was 1988. The modern fullback is an attacking weapon that can potentially strike from a kick return, and also to sniff around all over the field and create something, whether it's hanging off the forwards looking for an offload or by lurking out wide creating an overlap. Perrett doe neither. He is normally a safe player that rarely makes mistakes, but we need more than that, especially seeing we lack spark in other key positions.
This!
That was exactly I was going to write, good that saved me time and energy :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.