Malaysia Airlines plane missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to the relatives and friends as it doesn't look like the plane landed in southern China as once thought from mechanical failure.

There are conflicting reports when the plane simply vanished from radar - Malaysian authorities claim it was few hours , Vietnamese flight control maintained they they made contact 1min into Vietnamese airspace- Another jet travelling to Japan and 30mins infront of the missing plane was asked to attempt contact with the Malaysian airliner however the response was muffled and it did not sound like the cockpit was in trouble - Ships in the area might have been able to pick up the short frequency and investigations are continuing.

The Vietnamese Airforce have seen oil slicks around 12km -15km long in the waters off the coast and this is usually what appears when a jet liner goes down however there is confusion whether this is correct as cargo ships are known to dump "Bad oil" contaminated oil not good to use in international waters.

It seems two passengers on board an Austrian and Italian citizen was on the plane however reports from their consular staff have determined that both passports were reported stolen in Thailand and both people are fine and well back home.
There's also reports of another 2 fake passport holders on board that may lead investigators to believe that this may be a terrorist hijacking attempt gone wrong.

Thoughts guys?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
That last paragraph is quite interesting. My thoughts go out to everyone who was involved in this disaster.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bermuda triangle has shifted?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wondered this today.

If a plane goes off radar, shouldn't the local countries air force scramble a few jets and get them up to check out whats going on?

If it's a mistake so be it, but if the planes going down, they'll get there as it goes down, before it goes down, or just after its gone down.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wondered this today.

If a plane goes off radar, shouldn't the local countries air force scramble a few jets and get them up to check out whats going on?

If it's a mistake so be it, but if the planes going down, they'll get there as it goes down, before it goes down, or just after its gone down.
I can tell you for a fact, if a plane goes slightly offcourse the alarm bells start ringing straight away. Now here is the situation of some serious lapses or stuff ups

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there was a mayday or a distress called made either. All sudden which is scary.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least aircrash investigation will have something new .getting sick of the same episode over and over

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think what this incident highlights more than anything is that it must be common for frauds to travel on airlines. If it was missed this time, it's safe to say it's happened many times previously without anyone knowing/caring. This alone is completely unacceptable, whether these frauds are terrorists or not.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
This doesnt give me a great deal of confidence that I will be flying from Kuala Lumper to Sydney with Malaysian Airline in April :-\

N

Natboy

This doesnt give me a great deal of confidence that I will be flying from Kuala Lumper to Sydney with Malaysian Airline in April :-\
I've flown a fair bit with them and never had an issue
What an absolute tragedy and those poor families not knowing what happened for so long. Very sad

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was a 777 according to the media.

Those things have a stupidly high safety percentage. From memory (and don't quote me), but this will be the first event whereby a 777 has crashed.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Those things have a stupidly high safety percentage. From memory (and don't quote me), but this will be the first event whereby a 777 has crashed.
2nd one crashed in the states a few years back

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't worry mate they still have 3 weeks to get their shit together then

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm guessing a major electrical fault to either the computers or main equipment caused this 777 to go down. My old man a former head engineer at Qantas reckons certain checks were skipped and a major fault would have caused this. If they find the black box we shall know what really happened.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Reports say there was 6 Aussies on board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm guessing a major electrical fault to either the computers or main equipment caused this 777 to go down. My old man a former head engineer at Qantas reckons certain checks were skipped and a major fault would have caused this. If they find the black box we shall know what really happened.
According to reports wreckage (a door) has been found.

Also they believe it may be a terrorist attack.

That said other reports claim that very plane had crashed before.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The weird part is that the tracker went from around 30,000 feet to 0 in a split send then stopped and there was nothing at the last GPS coords.

There were two passengers on the plane that were using stolen passports. That's why they think it was terrorism related.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it was a bomb or something like that, you wonder how it could be possible with all the security checks these days? Whatever happened seems to have happened very suddenly without any mayday call or warning. Scary shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.