doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either graham is gone or they are tapping a few on shoulder to make way for him

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Of course he would have been, but is he worth 6 or 7 times what these guys are on? We have very good forwards already. If we are going to sign a star, we need a game breaker type player who can create something for us. Whether that's a half, hooker or fullback, we need someone who can contribute to our attack much more than another very good forward. I would gladly sign Fifita if we could give him an extra 100k on top of T-Rex, but not for the money being thrown about. There's no point paying massive money for a position we are very strong in when we have massive issues in other areas.
Well it's being widely reported now that we have signed Lichaa who is regarded as the most dangerous up and coming hooker in the game and we are also chasing Hiku for fullback. Mbye and Templeman are regarded as potential stars in the halves and/or back line.
Perhaps Des believes the best way for them to perform to their potential is behind an unstoppable forward pack?
If that's the case I have to agree with him

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's being widely reported now that we have signed Lichaa who is regarded as the most dangerous up and coming hooker in the game and we are also chasing Hiku for fullback. Mbye and Templeman are regarded as potential stars in the halves and/or back line.
Perhaps Des believes the best way for them to perform to their potential is behind an unstoppable forward pack?
If that's the case I have to agree with him
That's a good point. Des has always had young fast halves and a strong veteran forward pack. He could be looking to bring that mentality here.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not real keen on a forward getting that when we need a fullback like Shaun Johnson but good to have him all the same.
Wierd that he didn't show any loyalty to Cronulla over 50G.

tragic

New Pup
Reaction score
Not real keen on a forward getting that when we need a fullback like Shaun Johnson but good to have him all the same.
Wierd that he didn't show any loyalty to Cronulla over 50G.
What is wrong with the young talent that we have in the forwards.We will start losing our young guns if
they continue to bring outside forwards in on bigger money. Put the money in Browne, Klemmer, Jackson, Finucane, instead.Please.!!!!

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
jackson is useless. honestly what is he good for?

this should be the forwards for 2015

8. graham
9. ennis/lichaa
10. fifita
11. pritchard
12. eastwood
13. finucane

14. kasiano
15. williams
16. klemmer
17. tolman/burr/browne/o'hanlon/maitua someone i dunno. damn we got some forwards.

that forward pack is absolutely ****ing massive

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't see the comparison to T Rex other than the money and fact they are both forwards. Both forwards (supposedly) offer impact, but Fifittytittytata proved he can provide quantity as well as quality last year. I do understand the reservations about another forward joining, but I think another good forward is always handy... And Fifita could be one if the greats. I still hope T Rex may come good and provide some impact for us, which may be completely foolhardy optimism, but he has never had the work ethic Fifittytittytata showed last year. I think if he signs he will perform. It's just a question of whether the back line roster is strong enough to deliver as well. It's a lot of money for an outstanding player.... I won't write it off as a dud signing. I understand people's reservations given our strengths and weaknesses, but who knows. We do seem to have some good players around with potential in the halves who would no doubt benefit from playing behind the best lack in the NRL. I'm interested to see where this squad is going. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If trex doesn't perform this year he has to go ,if we lose guys like lachie burr cause des stubbornly wont drop trex ill lose it

HaroldBishop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Cronulla fan here so go easy, I'm not here to troll.

Although I'm disappointed we're losing Fifita I'd be more disappointed if we matched your offer to retain him. Paying that much for a prop is crazy imo. He's had one good year when nothing was expected of him, he will now be expected to produce it week-in, week-out, he will be under the microscope like never before.

He is now earning the kind of money that guys like JT, Cronk, Inglis, Cam Smith etc are earning. Is he worth that much? I don't believe he is, nor any other prop.

I don't bear any grudges against the guy like many other Cronulla fans, I wish him all the best. In the end players have a 10 year career if they're lucky. They need to look after themselves.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Although I'm disappointed we're losing Fifita I'd be more disappointed if we matched your offer to retain him. Paying that much for a prop is crazy imo. He's had one good year when nothing was expected of him, he will now be expected to produce it week-in, week-out, he will be under the microscope like never before.

He is now earning the kind of money that guys like JT, Cronk, Inglis, Cam Smith etc are earning. Is he worth that much? I don't believe he is, nor any other prop.

I don't bear any grudges against the guy like many other Cronulla fans, I wish him all the best. In the end players have a 10 year career if they're lucky. They need to look after themselves.
He is a great player and for that price tag, he is expected to do a lot of things for us. I will of course welcome him with open arms as he is a very talented. I just hope he will provide us with something and not turn into a dud signing.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone remember bagging souths for giving asotasi huge prop money ? did we just do the same ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

fair call mate .only time will tell I guess
We have been stung before so its only natural to be wary

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
does anyone remember bagging souths for giving asotasi huge prop money ? did we just do the same ?
We have the two best props now, you know why they are the best props? Because they dont play like traditional props.

HaroldBishop

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is a great player and for that price tag, he is expected to do a lot of things for us. I will of course welcome him with open arms as he is a very talented. I just hope he will provide us with something and not turn into a dud signing.
See that's the thing, he has been a great player for one year, it's not exactly a long track record. Don't get me wrong, I love what he did for us last year and I hope for his sake his form continues, but I can't help thinking of guys like T-Rex, Dave Taylor etc. It's going to be very hard for him to continue freakish form like that.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the two best props now, you know why they are the best props? Because they dont play like traditional props.
lets wait and see if graham does re-sign first

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and they payed Asotasi massive coin because they had no marquee players and needed one to attract others. We have a lot of great forwards yet we have payed massive money for another forward. I would rather pay James Graham that money because we know he is consistent and is a future leader. We got burnt with T-Rex paying massive money for him after he played out of his skin one season, and I just hope we haven't made the same mistake with Fifita. He is a very good player, but it is unbelievable money for a prop.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Asotasi was the best buy Souths had in years, even if it was for big money. He helped them to the finals in his first year

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Asotasi was the best buy Souths had in years, even if it was for big money. He helped them to the finals in his first year
Didn't Rusty say that getting Asotasi on big money started their ability to pull in big players, he really did help the club and good on him for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.