For those wanting Mbye and Templeman in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And another thing, when the bulldogs had like 3 sets on their line, when one of the sets Ennis went over twice held up, why the **** can't he pass because if he had passes there was a massive overlap!!
I think ennis hit the panic button because of our halves inability to score/setup points and tried to do it himself from dummy half. This only served to give Brisbane a short rest and to fix their goal line defence.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what is disappointing is not the loss but the apparent lack of change from last year. Round 1, yes, means nothing? I don't think so. If they had shown signs of change and creativity but not executed well and lost, I don't think many people would be complaining at all.

I only saw the same lack of creativity and spark that was there all last year. Also slow line speed, broncs were making very easy meters right from the 1st set. .
Agree 100%

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think ennis hit the panic button because of our halves inability to score/setup points and tried to do it himself from dummy half. This only served to give Brisbane a short rest and to fix their goal line defence.
Ennis needs to share duties with Mbye. His lack of vision and creativity is a joke.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Throw them in now I say. That way they will be firing by the end of the year. No use waiting till its too late. We need flair to compliment the work the forwards do.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses Mbye should get a run on the bench. Bring him on for Ennis or Hodkinson late in the first half when the forwards will be tiring. Thurston and also Brent Sherwin i think were on the bench before they started killing it. Do the same with Mbye. We have NOTHING in the opposition 30. We use our forwards to try and barge over or throwing it back inside, and rarely go wide unless it's a kick to the corner.

We had forwards looking to offload but there was no one in support, which saw the forwards spill the ball as they had got into a position to pass. This is where Barba used to sniff around and take the offload. We need someone who will read the play and be there waiting for the offload to bust through.

Morris hardly got any decent ball.

We have an awesome pack and a lot of depth there, but we just don't have the backs to capitalise on their good work. If there was a race between all backs from all clubs, apart from Morris I'd say all ours would be in the bottom 10. We just have no pace.

As for T-Rex, he looked better than last year until he called Guinness and told them he was going for the record for the Worlds slowest player the ball in an NRL game. I thought channel 9 ****ed up and had his play the balls in super slow motion. WTF was he doing?? Give Burr his jersey.

turvey mortimer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What we need is a half who can direct, think on his feet, organise players around him, kick, and has a presence of mind to play what is in front of him. Maybe Templeman deserves a game or 2 to find out.
Same said for giving Mbye a chance.
Agree 100%. Time and time again it has been proven that Hodko does not have the ability to read a game or have the natural talent and instincts of a genuine 7. We urgently need to develop a play maker otherwise 2013 will be repeated for the next few years.

turvey mortimer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses Mbye should get a run on the bench. Bring him on for Ennis or Hodkinson late in the first half when the forwards will be tiring. Thurston and also Brent Sherwin i think were on the bench before they started killing it. Do the same with Mbye. We have NOTHING in the opposition 30. We use our forwards to try and barge over or throwing it back inside, and rarely go wide unless it's a kick to the corner.

We had forwards looking to offload but there was no one in support, which saw the forwards spill the ball as they had got into a position to pass. This is where Barba used to sniff around and take the offload. We need someone who will read the play and be there waiting for the offload to bust through.

Morris hardly got any decent ball.

We have an awesome pack and a lot of depth there, but we just don't have the backs to capitalise on their good work. If there was a race between all backs from all clubs, apart from Morris I'd say all ours would be in the bottom 10. We just have no pace.

As for T-Rex, he looked better than last year until he called Guinness and told them he was going for the record for the Worlds slowest player the ball in an NRL game. I thought channel 9 ****ed up and had his play the balls in super slow motion. WTF was he doing?? Give Burr his jersey.
Spot on analysis!! Nothing to add. Bry for assistant coach.

turvey mortimer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Throw them in now I say. That way they will be firing by the end of the year. No use waiting till its too late. We need flair to compliment the work the forwards do.
n
Yep. Mbye first starting in the 17 next week. If Templeman can read the game as others have suggested then he must be fast tracked ASAP. The same goes for any other player that has the most important quality necessary for the modern footballer apart from speed which is the natural ability to READ THE GAME.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone would agree with me we are lacking a X FACTOR!! I think we should honestly take the risk signing Blake ferguson his the sort of player we are lacking because honestly with the current roster I Dnt know where our points are going to come from.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My concern is while des is a gun coach last year and now this year him and trex are similiar both now have big fat pay cheques and dont seem anywhere as passionate or fire up like they used too .i raved on all last year that if guys dont fear getting dropped why would they put in effort ,look how good jmoz played after playing nsw cup ,trent just isnt a 1st grade half ,des needs to show some balls and blood mbye

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Their time will come and the coaches don't think it is yet so be it. I would like to see them gradually play first grade this year if they think they can during origin and test match periods.

Reaction score
I think everyone would agree with me we are lacking a X FACTOR!! I think we should honestly take the risk signing Blake ferguson his the sort of player we are lacking because honestly with the current roster I Dnt know where our points are going to come from.
can blake ferguson steer us around the park, cause that's what we need most. we need a halfback, someone that can see the game a few tackles ahead, organise the players and basically co-ordinate the attack - a genuine no 7.

Ennis is not the problem, he always puts himself in the thick of it, he need's more support from the halves. I hate how the hookers call the plays, it would be much better having first receivers that could run the plays, and getting our fowards running deep and hard off them. the modern game basically being an advantage line race sux because we don't get to see that kind of play anymore, instead we get flat style footy

hodko in my opinion only, isn't good enough for 7. I don't know where he could fit in, but he's never going to be able to control a game, and that's what we really need. we've had this problem before hodko got here, so it's not his fault, he's just not the right guy

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
all of our backs bar morris wouldn't make it in any other team, even inu was dumped by parra and the warriors.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can blake ferguson steer us around the park, cause that's what we need most. we need a halfback, someone that can see the game a few tackles ahead, organise the players and basically co-ordinate the attack - a genuine no 7.

Ennis is not the problem, he always puts himself in the thick of it, he need's more support from the halves. I hate how the hookers call the plays, it would be much better having first receivers that could run the plays, and getting our fowards running deep and hard off them. the modern game basically being an advantage line race sux because we don't get to see that kind of play anymore, instead we get flat style footy

hodko in my opinion only, isn't good enough for 7. I don't know where he could fit in, but he's never going to be able to control a game, and that's what we really need. we've had this problem before hodko got here, so it's not his fault, he's just not the right guy
I understand your point of view and I totally agree with the halfback problem. But honestly we haven't had a decent halfback ever since kimmorley left and don't look like getting one soon!! we have ever since relied on forwards and an XFACTOR!! E.g barba 2012 to create something so all I'm saying at this stage with the current squad we need a XFACTOR and I think Blake Ferguson fits into that mould ATM!!

Reaction score
I understand your point of view and I totally agree with the halfback problem. But honestly we haven't had a decent halfback ever since kimmorley left and don't look like getting one soon!! we have ever since relied on forwards and an XFACTOR!! E.g barba 2012 to create something so all I'm saying at this stage with the current squad we need a XFACTOR and I think Blake Ferguson fits into that mould ATM!!
there's no denying ferguson's athletic ability, would you sign him to play fullback, or somewhere in the backline?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Look, let's be realistic here, we aren't going nowhere near the GF this year, so why not blood our juniors so this year isn't another complete write off like last year?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
there's no denying ferguson's athletic ability, would you sign him to play fullback, or somewhere in the backline?
Only going of his ability to play the game then hell yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.