Last minute members seat change - ****ing furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Won't be going to the game cause of a death in the family I'm located in aisle 107 row 14 seats 18-25 you can go and sit there with your family if you want
Good too see there are still some decent pple out there.

Sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just txtd my mate and he did in fact have the same call. He was offered to move to level 4 or in front. He has chosen to move down to the lower area from his current seat but will be discussing it further with them next week. He has to also queue up to pick up paper tickets for tomorrows game. He sent the Bulldogs and ANZ Stadium a tweet about it and has had no response. We had those seats for about 4 or 5 years after upgrading from Cat 2. My mate has been a member for over 20 years too.

Disgraceful. The only reason I almost renewed that seat as well was because it was such a good seat and I didn't want to lose it despite only being able to use it when i don't bring my kids to the game.

I cannot believe the club has done this.

Very disappointed to get a call 24 hours out from game to be told my seats need 2 be changed after having for yrs @NRL_Bulldogs @ANZStadium

Last edited by a moderator:

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A couple of years ago my seats were upgraded from Cat B to Cat A, not as bad as your situation but I was still filthy. Sh!tting on members who turn up on rainy nights in July is poor form. I hope management is reading this and takes note.

With the popularity of the Wanderers and a lot of families only being able to afford one membership per year the club should be doing whatever they can to make members happy.

Sorry for your loss Bulldogjem.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the offer mate, and sorry for your loss.

I'm going to wait and see what they can up with tomorrow champ but if nothing then I'll definitely take you up on those seats.
Thanks. Pretty sad he passed away two days ago , massive bulldogs supporter, a father to 4 young children . This game will be in memory of him and hopefully they come away with a win . No worries . Just give me a heads up in the arvo sometime so if anyone asks me I will know they are taken . Will wait for your reply . Good seats . Perfect for families

A

Alexander the Great

Got a phone call tonight, one day before the 1st game of the season from our membership department informing me that my pedigree platinum seats that I've held for years have been changed to now form part of the corporate area.

My options are to change to a worse section or get a refund, and that's it. Needless to say I am absolutely furious. Does anyone know anyone at the club I can speak to in order to sort this out? I just can't believe they've waited till today to spring this gem on me.

My wife is 5 months pregnant and the area we sit in now is easily accessible and kind of segregated so she was happy to keep coming along until the bub is born, that will no longer be the case. We also had some idle seats next to us and I couldn't wait to upgrade to a family membership and welcome another proud canterbury supporter into the kennel.

I can't fathom how the club would put their loyal paying members through this bullshit just so they could make a couple extra bucks and re-zone ONE ROW into a corporate area.

Disgusted.
the best thing to do is send a shit in the mail the board members that just got voted in....best idea

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks. Pretty sad he passed away two days ago , massive bulldogs supporter, a father to 4 young children . This game will be in memory of him and hopefully they come away with a win . No worries . Just give me a heads up in the arvo sometime so if anyone asks me I will know they are taken . Will wait for your reply . Good seats . Perfect for families
God bless his soul, I hope the Dogs smash them for him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bloody disgraceful... Don't know what the story is but the club seems to have changed of late, and I can't necessarily say it's for the best (at least as far as members are concerned).

Changing seats, moving the team store, seems like they are trying to save as much money as possible.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Ah, wish you and your family the best.

OP, do the 'Dogs have customer support or something? If they do you should give them a bell. This sounds like you've been royally ****ed over. Feel bad for ya.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can understand them wanting to make changes to the seat allocations from time to time and i think most fans would listen and be co-operative

but honestly, you and others getting this notice the day before the first game is the absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss bulldogjem. All the best to you and your family.

Nassman I would be losing it if I paid for that seat and then got shafted by the club. You must have been in the same row as me and if I had renewed mine and then got told I will be moved, I would be spewing.
To compare it would be like booking the same motel room each year which is a nice room with a view and then being told your room is unavailable, but you can have a shitty room for the same price.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey nassman I've asked around to help u out. I've been told it's not the clubs fault and it's got to do with the actually ANZ stadium. Must be to accommodate for anz stadium members and corporate partners. It's out of the clubs hands and feel bad that they have no control over this.
Try get in contact with Krystal at the club she will do her best to help you out.

Hope that helps

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey nassman I've asked around to help u out. I've been told it's not the clubs fault and it's got to do with the actually ANZ stadium. Must be to accommodate for anz stadium members and corporate partners. It's out of the clubs hands and feel bad that they have no control over this.
Try get in contact with Krystal at the club she will do her best to help you out.

Hope that helps
ive heard something similar. ive spoken to a few of the memebrship staff and they often work crazy hours, and were back extremely late trying to to sort out a hospital pass, they copped

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hope that helps
Screw ANZ stadium. Worst place in the world to watch the footy.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
I am Pedigree Platinum in aisle 107. No phone call for me

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2727211 said:
I am Pedigree Platinum in aisle 107. No phone call for me
It's only one row that are affected which is the first row of the tier above the walkway. You walk through the aisle and up the stairs and its the first row of seats there. The open air corporate boxes are right behind.

N

Natboy

The section directly behind us is corporate and honestly last season I think the entire block of 30 odd seats was used about 3 times and there would have been like 4 people in there, it's disgraceful.
And they are usually opposition fans that I end up telling to stf up because they are drunk and swearing in front of kids, kicking my seat constantly or talking loudly the whole time about everything but football lol. Hope it works out mate and very sorry to hear of your loss Jem. That was very kind of you to offer your seats

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I thought about doing that bleeder, I do have my 2014 memberships and could no doubt use them to sit there but if some corporates turn up with the same seat number I just don't feel like I should have to contest my seats mate, I paid for them fair and square why should I embarrass myself and my wife.

I will definitely be taking it up with the club, IMO it's a disgraceful illustration of how little we as members actually mean to them and at the end of the day all that matters is dollars.
Corporates tend to be directed to an area rather than a seat.

That all said, I have had no problems with every request I asked. Bought the wrong membership, got my upgrade and seats in 131 (halfway), under cover as requested. Membership cards went missing, they arranged for new ones to be done ASAP and handed them to us on Fans day.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Krystal in the membership department and she confirmed that it was in fact ANZ stadium that had reclaimed the seats, at least it wasn't directly the clubs fault I suppose.

I'm still absolutely filthy with the timing but not much I can do unfortunately, the club told me that they are trying to come up with a solution for all the members affected but not sure what that will be.

Jem thank you again very much for your generous offer mate but I've decided I won't be going to the game.

Seeing as though the seats that I have payed for and were promised to me now cost $4000 each as an ANZ centreline member I don't want anz stadium to profit from my membership so I'll be cancelling.

If that's how the stadium is going to treat patrons then I simply won't be one.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Very glad to hear it wasn't the clubs decision. I hope they compensate you fairly for ANZ Stadiums bullshit.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Seems to me that Raelene dosent know anything about the Bulldog culture.
That was evident when she and the club charged $40 to watch a 'promotional ' game at Belmore.
Thought she would have learnt something from that, ie not to treat us like mugs.
Shifting seating arrangements at the last minute stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.