Last minute members seat change - ****ing furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a phone call tonight, one day before the 1st game of the season from our membership department informing me that my pedigree platinum seats that I've held for years have been changed to now form part of the corporate area.

My options are to change to a worse section or get a refund, and that's it. Needless to say I am absolutely furious. Does anyone know anyone at the club I can speak to in order to sort this out? I just can't believe they've waited till today to spring this gem on me.

My wife is 5 months pregnant and the area we sit in now is easily accessible and kind of segregated so she was happy to keep coming along until the bub is born, that will no longer be the case. We also had some idle seats next to us and I couldn't wait to upgrade to a family membership and welcome another proud canterbury supporter into the kennel.

I can't fathom how the club would put their loyal paying members through this bullshit just so they could make a couple extra bucks and re-zone ONE ROW into a corporate area.

Disgusted.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? Wow, that don't seem fair,
Mate I wish I could help, but I can't, but keep us posted on this,

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
get a refund and kit the family up in Broncos gear.....will probably get the same seats for free

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a refund and don't renew this year. That'll teach em.

I didn't renew this year because i tried to get my seats moved further back (even said i was happy to upgrade) but they said i couldn't do anything but re buy my same seats (had same seats for 4 years now...)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No wonder Parra is beating us in the membership race.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isle 107 row 32. I'm just filthy boys, absolutely livid. Feels like I've just been shat on by a club I've loved since I was 3 years old on the hill at belmore. What happened to family club?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Forgetting the fans, a very bad sign! Sorry to hear it but personally I would ask for a refund.

N

Natboy

I'd take the complaint further and demand a corporate seat. They are usually half empty anyway

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The section directly behind us is corporate and honestly last season I think the entire block of 30 odd seats was used about 3 times and there would have been like 4 people in there, it's disgraceful.

The worst part is the timing, it feels like its a last minute cash grab rather than a well thought out strategy to increase corporate sponsorship. Why wait till the day before our first game to inform someone that they need to change seats, basically ensuring that no good seats are left. What a joke.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have a lot to answer for the membership department team especially with the big increase in price

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's fukd mate. I'd escalate it further and really let them know how much you feel shit on. Contact Raelene on Twitter if you have it

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Being this late in the game I assume you already have your membership cards with your seat numbers on them? the security aren't the brightest sparks in the box just walk in with your current cards show them the row and seat numbers and sit in the seats you legitimately paid for, tough shit for the club and who ever they want to GIVE those seats to. If they start anything get your phone out get others around you who i assume know you because you have been sitting there for years to get their phones out and film them trying to eject a man and pregnant woman who have legit membership cards with bulldogs emblems all over them. Club will back down in a heart beat!!!

I dont know about you but I always fight shit like this!! really pisses me off, you have paid, they accepted the payment, contract has been filled, they are in breach, its their problem.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being this late in the game I assume you already have your membership cards with your seat numbers on them? the security aren't the brightest sparks in the box just walk in with your current cards show them the row and seat numbers and sit in the seats you legitimately paid for, tough shit for the club and who ever they want to GIVE those seats to. If they start anything get your phone out get others around you who i assume know you because you have been sitting there for years to get their phones out and film them trying to eject a man and pregnant woman who have legit membership cards with bulldogs emblems all over them. Club will back down in a heart beat!!!

I dont know about you but I always fight shit like this!! really pisses me off, you have paid, they accepted the payment, contract has been filled, they are in breach, its their problem.
LOL probably right too

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about doing that bleeder, I do have my 2014 memberships and could no doubt use them to sit there but if some corporates turn up with the same seat number I just don't feel like I should have to contest my seats mate, I paid for them fair and square why should I embarrass myself and my wife.

I will definitely be taking it up with the club, IMO it's a disgraceful illustration of how little we as members actually mean to them and at the end of the day all that matters is dollars.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isle 107 row 32. I'm just filthy boys, absolutely livid. Feels like I've just been shat on by a club I've loved since I was 3 years old on the hill at belmore. What happened to family club?
Won't be going to the game cause of a death in the family I'm located in aisle 107 row 14 seats 18-25 you can go and sit there with your family if you want

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be spewing too. I think that is actually similar seat to what I had but one aisle over in 106. They are awesome seats as you have no one in front of you and rarely anyone behind in the boxes. The walkway is in front so there is plenty of leg room. I didn't renew mine because there are no spare seats next to me and my boys want to come to games all the time now so we'll be in GA.
I wonder if my mate has got the same message. Him and his cousin renewed theirs next to mine.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the offer mate, and sorry for your loss.

I'm going to wait and see what they can up with tomorrow champ but if nothing then I'll definitely take you up on those seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.