OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered for this shit again eg

The last time SBW plays in Canberra,
The last time SBW wears the away jersey,
The last time SBW spits Gatorade on Suncorp,
The last time SBW walks into the sheds at Penrith,
The last time SBW has a piss at Allianz.

It could be worse than 2011 Lockyer

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad article. Pretty much pointing out how they won't be remembered as league greats because of them going to yawnion.

It is a shame they are leaving as they are both great players, but you can't blame them for wanting the ridiculous money on offer.
I have no doubt if SBW had stayed in league, he would be up there with not only the best player out of NZ, but one of the best to ever play the game. He is a freak. It's just a shame Mundine got in his ear all those years ago. I love watching him play but I can't stand Union and never watch it.
Burgess has been awesome too but completely different player to SBW. SBW is the most skilful forward Ive seen and is still hits hard as ****. It's a shame they banned the shoulder charge last season. We were robbed of some even bigger collisions between these two.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The last time SBW get a wristie off nick politis !

N

Natboy

Imagine if those scum didn't get in his ears all those years ago! We'd have more trophies no doubt.
The hype is silly but he is an amazing player & you don't get many freak athletes like that come along

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if those scum didn't get in his ears all those years ago! We'd have more trophies no doubt.
The hype is silly but he is an amazing player & you don't get many freak athletes like that come along
It depresses me to think he was once ours.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JT cuts me more than SBW. we couldn't have done any more to keep SBW, once he started mixing with the likes of mundine, he was as good as gone.
I don't know what Mundine's problem is but he fûcked us 3 times now haumono, SBW and he was in rat boys ear too.
I know Barry ward called him a black c**t, but fûck me bro, let it go !

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go again...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what made me sick was someone like andrew johns saying it was a pleasure being able to watch someone like SBW.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part I find so annoying is 'it is
not just what he does on the field, but what he does off the field that makes him great'

sedgy13

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With any luck the dog gets seruously injured in round 2 or 3 and is out for the season. Then re-injures himself training for the world cup and its a South Africa v Australia final ( Englands no chance with there boring style of play they could sign all 4 burgesses tomkins and any other half decent league player and still just make the semi's). Everything crossed and quick prayer to god,Allah,Buddah & co

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
what made me sick was someone like andrew johns saying it was a pleasure being able to watch someone like SBW.
What makes me sick is a guy who used recreational drugs for a good chunk of his career still being put on a pedestal.

That and the fact the NRL covered it up until he got caught red handed in England. I was told about his pill popping from a guy at work a year or two before he got busted. Apparently it was pretty common knowledge up Newcastle way.. The NRL powers that be should have been under the spotlight for that one.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What makes me sick is a guy who used recreational drugs for a good chunk of his career still being put on a pedestal.

That and the fact the NRL covered it up until he got caught red handed in England. I was told about his pill popping from a guy at work a year or two before he got busted. Apparently it was pretty common knowledge up Newcastle way.. The NRL powers that be should have been under the spotlight for that one.
Well now barba is going to be getting focused on after going to rehab and beating his missus and leaving her for another girl and then turning his back on the club that gave him a chance when no one else would.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

The nrl loves to cover shit up, they are still doing now with the asada crap to protect their poster boy.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What depressed me even more, is to think we had SBW. And JT as juniors.
And now we don't have them, the best ever forward and one of the best ever halves to ever play the game were ours as youngsters and we let them go. For what ever the reasons it's depressing.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score

A bloke told us he seen things on occasions when he was hanging around his best mate, Trent Estatheo. Of course no one believed him at the time.

Heard so many stories/rumours about K. Gidley aswell

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The nrl loves to cover shit up, they are still doing now with the asada crap to protect their poster boy.
Absolutely, I told you guys early on in 2013, unless the NRL is "serious" about getting rid of the HGH and by that I mean a poster boy need to box himself out of the game, then nothing will happen...

N

Natboy

A bloke told us he seen things on occasions when he was hanging around his best mate, Trent Estatheo. Of course no one believed him at the time.

Heard so many stories/rumours about K. Gidley aswell
I haven't heard anything about Kurt Gidley but Johns was on a lot heavier than pills.
He was found unconscious in a toilet cubicle in Newcastle with a needle in his arm on more than one occasion. My source, the police that performed first aid until the ambo's arrived

How can the poster boy from my area get away scot free with all of this ASADA stuff or do you guys think he's still deep in sh*t?

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard the Gidley stuff more than once when I was in Newcastle as well. Newcastle is a drug town plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.