Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

If we didn't have Reynolds I'd play him at 5/8 but for our team, a hooker

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish I knew what Des was planning to do with some of our young players, particularly Mbye & templeman
I think we will find by midway through the year they will have played at least 3-4 games each, and hopefully start to put pressure on Hodkinson (Patty) and Ennis(Mbye) heading towards the finals, sort of like Josh Reynolds in 2011. They both look to have the skills but might need a bit of time in reggies to learn the trade against blokes that can actually tackle. I think they will be regular first graders in 2015 but hopefully they get their chance this year and kill it. I just hope people don't expect miracles from them in their first year.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone thinks that Josh Reynolds is a hooker, not a five-eighth. So what'll probably happen is Ennis will leave, Reynolds will replace him, and Mbye will slot into five-eighth.

N

Natboy

He has played a lot of halfback in 20's also.
Yeah I know but I see templeman as more of an organiser & Moses would slot in well at 5/8
Time will tell. We got to the gf with keating & Reynolds so hopefully that's in the back of Trent's mind. Our forward pack is better on paper than 2012 too

Flashheart

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nothing long term for Ennis please, he drives me crazy with his deadpan press conferences answering any question with ‘as Des said’ blah blah. Ennis has some great points, namely his usually solid defence and ordering the troops around, but geez we really need some attacking flair & pace out of dummy half. I’d love to have someone like Segeyaro on the bench to bring on for 15 mins each half. Perhaps that is something Lichaa can provide if we are making a play for him as has been suggested.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hard to believe Farah and Luke were both in our system, and Ennis ended up hooker

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to believe Farah and Luke were both in our system, and Ennis ended up hooker
Yep... I think we needed Des and his assistants along time ago for picking out talent from our locals haha

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We whinge when players don't want to come over we whinge when they want to leave but when a great player pledges his loyalty and wants to stay we should be celebrating not whinging.

Loyal players make the best team mates its a big positive to other players it's endorsing the club. It strengthens the team to band together

So what if he whinges to the refs he's just saying what we all think anyway.
So what if he 'fakes' injuries to milk penalties we're not 14 year old school girls who get embarrassed by the slightest peculiar antic .I actually find it very amusing ( soccer players do it all the time)

He's a bloody great leader for the team and the club and a key defender.

I'm pretty sure Des instilled comradship in the team as he did with Manly so that is probably why Ennis is keen to stay on till the end.
You kidding ? milking penalties is the equivalent of acting up like a 14 yr old bitch, and exactly we don't want RL turning into soccer.

ARTFUL DODGER

New Pup
Reaction score
We never groomed another hooker yet. So Ennis is still the main hooker and leader. Just will be interesting when we start to see us grooming another hooker in FG. This year? next year? or the year after.

With shared captaincy maybe Ennis will be mentoring a younger player as well. Yet to see.

How horrible we were defensively without Ennis last year. Total shocker!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thread should read: BULLDOGS KEEN TO END ENNIS CAREER
I do like the guy but sometimes he does very silly things

G

Grub

Yeah I know but I see templeman as more of an organiser & Moses would slot in well at 5/8
Time will tell. We got to the gf with keating & Reynolds so hopefully that's in the back of Trent's mind. Our forward pack is better on paper than 2012 too

There re is your answer , hodkinson at halfback has led us to no where. So you know what we need to do

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There re is your answer , hodkinson at halfback has led us to no where. So you know what we need to do
Maybe he needs to chip and chase more?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lot of hate for a guy who not long ago was deemed good enough for SOO.

He's probably past his prime, but I think he still has a lot to offer, but of course we need a longer term succession plan.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.