Tony Williams better positioned as Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demolition man

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love ur work kormatta, its about tym u agreed with sumfn i said mr hiku.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where u drunk or stoned whilst watching the game tegga, or r u taking the piss now honestly. Show me a one on one tackle of williams on fri nyt and il apologise to u for 24hrs
Since when is the definition of hard defence one on one? A lot of finucane's hard hits have been in two man tackles and I would show you if I had footage coz I remember one tackle in particular when he slammed someone but I can't remember who it was

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since when is the definition of hard defence one on one? A lot of finucane's hard hits have been in two man tackles and I would show you if I had footage coz I remember one tackle in particular when he slammed someone but I can't remember who it was
What kind of slam?? Please Inform us lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he comes good. He seems too nice. He needs some serious aggression!

He needs to shave his head & slap some decorub on his head.

Then he can grow a beard like Kas / Pritchard!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol @ the idiots saying he went missing for the first 20 mins, We had no ball in the first 20 mins you niff nuffs.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this a debate about Toby's defence? Everyone knows that's not his strength right? He's a former winger and is a notorious shirt grabber.

Tony's best strength is running hard at players 1/4th of his size. He otherwise gets pounded running into forwards.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tony's best strength is running hard at players 1/4th of his size. He otherwise gets pounded running into forwards.
You just described Dave Taylor lol

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tony Williams better positioned as Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demolition man

TONY Williams is too old and has been around too long to be labelled a rookie, but there is a sense of freshness around his looming season at Canterbury all the same.
Er... yeah. Since he has played Origin and for Australia he is just a bit past rookie status.

Last Friday's game against the Broncos showed that he has brought last year's form into 2014. Slow, unfocused and disconnected to what is happening around him.

IMO he would be better value if he stayed at home and watched the game on TV instead of wasting space in a Bulldog jersey.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tony williams only made a meagre 70 metres on friday night,was way too slow when getting up to play the ball(my 80 year old pop would be quicker) and still stands flat as a tack.Also is not an 80 min player.If he didnt score a try he would off contributed peanuts.Way overpayed and overrated.How can des pick this player on reputation when hes a joke.Des is partly to blame for picking him and not dropping him to reserves to find some mongrel.

N

Natboy

I had to laugh Friday night when he took a low ball on the ground and when he got up it was like watching an animal that has been hit with a tranquilizer gun trying to get up in slow motion haha poor Barney.
He did play much better on Friday than he has in a while. He just needs to keep building that confidence and enthusiasm up and sooner rather than later or he is gone with a lot of players on our radar (sorry Des)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been watching the way T-Rex walks. I think he has a problem with his hamstrings. He needs someone to teach him how to stretch before a game.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T Rex needs a ball player who can put him in half a hole or angled at the left shoulder of the defender. A good half gets his strike weapons into the game, barks orders at them and gets the best out of them.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T Rex needs a ball player who can put him in half a hole or angled at the left shoulder of the defender. A good half gets his strike weapons into the game, barks orders at them and gets the best out of them.
I totally agree and it's something I have been saying for a whole now and people just thumbs downed. While I agree that trex is a lazy git, it's no surprise that he was performing well outside of dce, orford and foran. Hokko is partially to blame... But you know it's early days and we need to wait a bit before we call for hokko's head. If he isn't up to it in round 5 or 6 he never will be.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He finally went to the line 10 out and what happened? It was an improvement but needs to go looking for the ball more, along with going to the line 10 out, Give him hit ups off taps and kickoffs. More ball in his hands will equal more confidence hence a higher work rate and more success. He needs set jobs to do. He will be more hungry and feel like he is contributing more to the team. If he is high in confidence and is having success he will become unstoppable and feel like the team and the fans are all behind him. That's my blue print to getting him to where he needs to be to justify his price tag.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did channel 9 show him playing the ball in super slow mo each time he played it in the second half?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Trex performed well at manly because their forward pack was going forward and had aggression. He just worked off the back off that.
His first hit up was in the 21st minute...theres no excuse for that. he needs to go to the middle if the balls not coming to him, he cant just wait for it.
I think des obviously has a lot of patience with him because he brought him over on bigmoney...and thats why he gives him plenty of minutes and doesnt drop him. Anyone else and they wouldve seen nsw cup a long time ago

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol @ the idiots saying he went missing for the first 20 mins, We had no ball in the first 20 mins you niff nuffs.
Sorry craig bellamy. Next tym watch the game incl attack and defence

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at the "niff nuffs" that can justify his position in the team week in week out idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.