Patrick Templeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okay, so there I was watching the Dogs vs Souths second half and all I can say is that I am really impressed.

This kid has a good passing and kicking game (Massive boot).

Inside ball to the fullback, kick in goal for repeat sets of six and quick movement on the left side of the park.

Forget about his weight, he reminds me of a young Darren Lockeyar and has the goods.

Did anyone else see him play yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't catch he game yesterday but have been watching him in the NYC. It may only be the Holden Cup but his stats are unmatched and he shows some amazing talent and composure.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like this kid!!! We were searching for an X factor, looks like we may have found him.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Okay, so there I was watching the Dogs vs Souths second half and all I can say is that I am really impressed.

This kid has a good passing and kicking game (Massive boot).

Inside ball to the fullback, kick in goal for a repeat sets of six and quick movement on the left side of the park.

Forgot about his weight, he reminds me of a young Darren Lockeyar and has the goods.

Did anyone else see him play yesterday?
Considering he was playing with the second string team, he stuck out like a sore thumb. I don't know if he's ready but we should give him at least 6 games to prove himself.

I wouldn't play him in the front line in defence at this stage. Hence Fullback maybe the position of choice. It is of concern though that Des played him at 5/8 not fullback if he is considering him for that role.

I thought Phillips was ordinary at FB. Chase Stanley looked quite good.

In the first half, really impressed with Trex's effort on a hot afternoon. All the forwards looked fit and raring to go. There were a few issues in defence. We were a little fortunate that Souths had two tries disallowed. I have to say it was evident that we might struggle to score points unless a creative young player can be unearthed. A lot will rest on Reynolds and perhaps Templeman can step up?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It is hard to see exactly what is going on without a big screen and replays, but he did look impressive. I don't know if he is ready for the NRL but he showed a lot of promise and it is very comforting to know we have him in the ranks.

Hopefully he gets some first grade experience soon.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes a gun of the future ,i think starting in nsw cup will toughen him up a bit and if th plays ordinary hell be straight in

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
I was definately impressed by Templeman's attacking prowess and ability. VERY impressed. I was not able to see him defend, so I cannot comment on that component of his game. However, whilst Templeman was in our second string side, he was also up against South's second string side. Can he do what he did in regards to the kicks in goal and grubbers in behind the line against a fullback of Inglis' or Slater's quality? I guess we will find out - when Des thinks he is ready.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When I see Templeman returning the ball, I remember a former great player named Gary Dowling. This guy is so much like Dowling and is definately very promising. I still believe he is a fullback as he needs space to move.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope we give him a go this week at fullback.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lets hope we hang onto him...
Well he's only signed till the end of the season, but crusher said yesterday that they are working on extending his contract.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id play him at half back with reynolds 5/8. Thats just my opinion as i cant see any points in hodkinson to win enough games.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Id play him at half back with reynolds 5/8. Thats just my opinion as i cant see any points in hodkinson to win enough games.
Agree with this. Hodkinson is just too flat.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
QLDER will last 3 years and then he'll get homesick and go home. Great prospect though

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is hard to see exactly what is going on without a big screen and replays, but he did look impressive. I don't know if he is ready for the NRL but he showed a lot of promise and it is very comforting to know we have him in the ranks.

Hopefully he gets some first grade experience soon.
x2. he played well from what i could see.

It may not be this year unless we have a few injuries, but I think over the next few years he will emerge and be a very good player.

I didn't watch a lot of NYC last year mainly the last 20-30 minutes, but I watched one game in it's entirety and he killed it in that game. He scored a shitload of points include 4 or 5 goals from the sideline. He hits the ball very sweetly.
I just hope people dont want him hung if he does make his debut soon and doesn't have 3 try assists etc. He looks very promising though.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see him following in the foot5steps ofr Darren Lockyer. Start at fullback then move into the halves. Play for QLD and then Australia. He's that good.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets hope he doesnt follow in the footsteps of Ben Barba and ben Hannant.

Status
Not open for further replies.