MVPs of 2014: Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can Tony 'T-Rex' Williams once again become the devastating force he once was?
Of Course he can. If he is injury free and last year's personal problems have been resolved he has no excuse.

Lets not molly coddle this bloke, he isn't a wet behind the ears rookie; he has repped Australia. Forget the $650K a syear he is on, if he doesn't aim up this season he has to get the punt.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard (and it could be wrong), there were complications both mum and her first bub during the pregnancy. That took his mind off the field. Even when their bub was born there were still a few issues early on.

As a result of those issues and his game dropping, he hit a patch of depression.

Again this is all rumour and from the grapevine.

Hardly suprising that Big TRex (the gentle soft spoken giant with a heart of gold) and his head, weren't in the game.

One of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet though. Very quiet, and incredibly humble despite his abilities.
If this is what really happened to him its not as simple as I thought. Illness is one thing and can usually be cured but depression is in an entirely different league. I really hope that the Big Fella has conquered this one.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
If this is what really happened to him its not as simple as I thought. Illness is one thing and can usually be cured but depression is in an entirely different league. I really hope that the Big Fella has conquered this one.
The only thing I can do is second this opinion.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just can't wait for all his critics to eat their long awaited humble pie. You guys know who you are :grinning:

C"mon Tony 2014, it's time to banish the $he-Rex insults from the pages of the kennel and rub it firmly in their faces.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just can't wait for all his critics to eat their long awaited humble pie. You guys know who you are :grinning:

C"mon Tony 2014, it's time to banish the $he-Rex insults from the pages of the kennel and rub it firmly in their faces.
Hopefully he has beaten his personal issues..now it's time to get deep and run Forest run..he'll kill 'em in 2014!!!

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The big fella needs confidence and we all can help. Lets get out to the games and cheer as loud as we can for him when his name is read out and when ever he touches the ball. A fit, happy, confident and comfortable TRex could = total destruction to opposition. Can't wait to see which TRex we get this year. Hopefully the destructive type.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have this feeling that this year, TRex is going to tear shit up in a big way. Not only to have a killer season, but t make up for a bad one last year.

Watch out opposing centres, second rowers, and wingers, TRex is about to be unleashed :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't buy that family issues sh*t. Professionals can separate social and work issues.

I can tell you if I underperformed at work for 6 months I'd be long gone . At best I'd be given light duties till there was a resolution.

Sorry not being hard ,just practical. It is a business after all. If he was truely having issues he needed to get intervention so that his actions did not adversely affect the team/game/club and fans.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ever since the second origin in 2012 he's never been the same player. Kneed in the back by Myles in the 61st minute. Looked paralysed at the time.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh i dont think they used him properly last season - in fairness some of the passes to him were just terrible and he got swamped quickly - Ennis should be scooting from dummy half and then passing to a flying T-Rex or if at the most try to break the line and offload to a running T-Rex.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't buy that family issues sh*t. Professionals can separate social and work issues.

I can tell you if I underperformed at work for 6 months I'd be long gone . At best I'd be given light duties till there was a resolution.

Sorry not being hard ,just practical. It is a business after all. If he was truely having issues he needed to get intervention so that his actions did not adversely affect the team/game/club and fans.
When you take into account real depression it is hard for any said professional especially in such a physically demanding sport to separate the issues, it effects your physical, mental and social health so everything in life...

Hopefully his issues are resolved now and is set to perform again!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok then he had family issues ,which led him to underperform then he got depression. I have no argument there it's like when you call in sick for work with a headache .

However if my headache lasted 6 months and my team mates relied on me to get a job done I would seek help that's if my manager hasn't already been on top of it.

It doesnt make sense that the bulldogs would help Ben Barba who was only on half his salary and then just ignore the highest paid player in the team.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
God damn, Tony looks fit!!! Kudos to des and the staff :grinning: Now all Tony needs is a killer attitude and there's our X factor boys:grinning:

View attachment 21047

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will fire this year and be back to his best. Don't know why, but I just do.

Maybe it's just my optimism wishing it to happen but we'll wait and see.

He does look very fit in that photo though.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will fire this year and be back to his best. Don't know why, but I just do.

Maybe it's just my optimism wishing it to happen but we'll wait and see.

He does look very fit in that photo though.
I agree ,i think hell have a top year ,looks heaps fitter

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I really hope he has a good year and will be a crowd favorite , hope he has more than a 2 step hit up and gets smashed . Hope he is firing on all 8 cylinders

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

you don't seem to understand the negative impact trex had on our team last season along with his 'couldn't be stuffed attitude' he indirectly caused our dally m player of the year to p off due to his over the top salary and his can't be stuffed attitude. He has eaten up more than a tenth of the salary cap for his shithouse performance therefore denying a more worthy player from benefitting or gaining a better player. Im sure DES did not offer him the biggest salary ever to do nothing . He deserves all the criticism he got if not more . This is not a development squad where we need to encourage players to find their confidence and say it's ok hard luck.
Get ****ed that's club footy not NRL. I realize you have a soft spot for Manly but I like to call a spade a spade.
Trex needs to find his conscience because he does have the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.