Juicy Souths Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the way I hear it there were a few board members at the Bronco's that conspired against Bennett which forced him out of the club and into the waiting arms of St George Illawarra. Now these same board members are willing to give Mr Wayne James Bennett a royal tongue bath upon his return.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa. It is happening.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...glish-rugby-deal/story-e6frf3ou-1226819363565

SAM Burgess will leave the NRL and sign a three-year deal with English rugby - with the Poms keen to fast-track him into their World Cup plans as a centre.
Following revelations by the Sunday Telegraph last week, the Daily Mail reports the deal is done and Burgess will leave the NRL as soon as the Rabbitohs complete their season.
The RFU are negotiating with an English club - which the Daily Telegraph understands to be Bath - to share the large compensation payout necessary to free Burgess from his contract.

Play
Bye-bye Burgess? Sam rumoured to be going to Rugby
NewsFebruary 1, 2014 2:00
English rugby officials are keen to get Burgess back and playing as quickly as possible, hoping to get almost a full year of experience into the 24-year-old before the 2015 World Cup in the UK.
Like Sonny Bill Williams and the man who approached Burgess, Andy Farrell, Burgess is being looked at as a possible inside centre in rugby; a position where he can use his damaging 115kg frame, offloading skills and brutal defence to good effect.
If Burgess makes England's World Cup side, he could potentially line up against the Wallabies on at Twickenham in the pool stages.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...al/story-fni3fbgz-1226819363565#ixzz2sUjGOMzU

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
:/ what do you reckon his brothers will do?
They aren't commanding the coin he does (yet) so I doubt they will go anywhere for now. Might give them more game time when Sam goes too.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
... a centre? they want to play sam burgess as a a centre?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive loss for South massive!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is a centre the same in Union?

You could argue he is their most influential player, so I agree.
A bit different. You have an inside centre and an outside centre that stand wide of the ruck. They take the pass and either drill through the middle or pass the ball out wide. Generally there's less fitness involved because you're not usually running unless you make a line break. Most of the time the centres are just there to stand there and look pretty while the forwards do all the work. The only time they really receive the ball is if one of the halves spots a defensive gap out wide.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty sad, actually. Seems as if the whole Burgesa clan has set up a comfy life over here. I wonder if they will eventually follow him back, or if he will return in a few years?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's pretty sad, actually. Seems as if the whole Burgesa clan has set up a comfy life over here. I wonder if they will eventually follow him back, or if he will return in a few years?
Every brit returns eventually.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the only people who will miss him, is the judiciary panel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
meh.. who cares..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
meh.. who cares..
Pretty much, all I see is a wasted talent going to a lesser sport, salary cap space being freed up (Ferguson to Souths or another star player?) and that transfer fee giving Souths more money...

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
souths will target andrew fifita/james graham/dave taylor

we need to re-sign graham asap

Status
Not open for further replies.