Bali whos been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Mt Druitt were a tropical island, it would be Bali. I didn't hate it, but would much rather somewhere like Vanuatu.

Good things: it's cheap, beautiful beaches and scenery, nice food and I smashed a thousand Bintangs which went down like water, hour long massage for $5.

Bad things: It's dirty, the shop owners annoy the shit out of you constantly, you might get food poisoning from dodgy standards, you have to be careful where you walk or you might trip down a 1m hole in the middle of the footpath or get run over by a local on a motorbike on the footpath, most (not all) Aussies there are loud and fat massive bogans, when you are at the beautiful beaches you still get harassed by the locals to buy shit, Not much of a perve as their women do nothing at all for me and most Aussies are obese.

If you do go, as others have said avoid Kuta and Legian, and go to the more remote areas where it's not so touristy like Ubud. I have heard there are heaps of other resorts on the north of the island that are a lot more relaxed and you don't get harassed so much. the locals really turned me off with their harassment everywhere you go.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Mt Druitt were a tropical island, it would be Bali. I didn't hate it, but would much rather somewhere like Vanuatu.

Good things: it's cheap, beautiful beaches and scenery, nice food and I smashed a thousand Bintangs which went down like water, hour long massage for $5.

Bad things: It's dirty, the shop owners annoy the shit out of you constantly, you might get food poisoning from dodgy standards, you have to be careful where you walk or you might trip down a 1m hole in the middle of the footpath or get run over by a local on a motorbike on the footpath, most (not all) Aussies there are loud and fat massive bogans, when you are at the beautiful beaches you still get harassed by the locals to buy shit, Not much of a perve as their women do nothing at all for me and most Aussies are obese.

If you do go, as others have said avoid Kuta and Legian, and go to the more remote areas where it's not so touristy like Ubud. I have heard there are heaps of other resorts on the north of the island that are a lot more relaxed and you don't get harassed so much. the locals really turned me off with their harassment everywhere you go.
Great review thanks Bry. I youtubed Kuta, and I didn't want to be or sound racist but all I saw was a bunch of spastic Aussies being loud and wasted off their heads, that's just not my cup of tea. I have to go no matter what for a wedding and I would hope that it is somewhere on one of these remote islands you speak of.

N

Natboy

Let us know where it is when you find out mate. I'm sure someone has been there
I just got a wedding invite for Krabi in Thailand & can't wait

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going on a beachfront property trip to Tazzy trip in 2 weeks. Literally step off the deck onto the sand. Great views, location, house, amenities, everything.

$230 per night in peak season. Saved money on flights overseas. There are always good and relatively cheap places to go if you just know where to look.
Where about in Tazzy?

Status
Not open for further replies.