Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't find this hot ass everyone is talking about?

Back on topic I think 2 years in jail for taking a piss on a field is pretty harsh.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Did this dumb **** almost kill somebody over a couple of cigarettes?..fark me, did a pack of smokes really go up that much?..SMH.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't find this hot ass everyone is talking about?

Back on topic I think 2 years in jail for taking a piss on a field is pretty harsh.
Check out the gif on the first post.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did this dumb **** almost kill somebody over a couple of cigarettes?..fark me, did a pack of smokes really go up that much?..SMH.
Lol, yeah it's that petty from all reports,

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know, and it did get that point you were making,
The point I am making same as utility half, is that of so what,
I don't care what others got in the past.
The others should have gotten more,
I am saying it's not unfair what Packer got, despite what other got before,
The grub deserves more, he got of light, so his sentence is not harsh at all.
He got off lightly as far as I am concerned and the other before him got off lighter,
I just hope any future offenders get worse until people begin to realise that you can't go around committing these crimes,
Absolutely he should got it. He knock the guy out cold and stomp on his head and I maybe wrong the vicitim couldn't talk to the police because he was in induce coma that why it took so long for him to be charged formally.

N

Natboy

To the people saying he should've got a lighter sentence, what did he think he would achieve as a 110+kg athlete & stomping on a guys head?
How many stomps might kill someone? 1-100, who knows!
How many stomps are equal to an attempted murder?
These are the sentences that should be given out if not bigger sentences
It's a disgraceful act. He's not an angry little 15 year old

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is the point I was making. If there wasn't the publicity around this case then Packer would not have gotten the maximum term. Compare his sentence to one's that have come and gone... the guy they put that McEwen kid in a coma in Bondi got let off on bail recently. The point I'm making (skippy), is that compare the sentencing of this case to others and there's a massive gap in harshness/leniency.
Yeah i see your point. I guess what I'm saying is I think Packer's sentence is a precedent rather than an anomaly....ie I think his sentence has more to do with the meia campaign which started after the NYE king hit and I think we will see harsher sentences accross the board for this type of offence in the future. I certainly hope so because behaviour like that should not be tolerated in our society.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The trouble for this gronk will be after release, having a criminal record does wonders for your employment prospects as most employers do crim checks these days
And his league career won't pay him anymore.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Knights are sticking by him to help him through the process, why did they turn him into a farken idiot?
They didn't want much to do with Danny Wicks, who should be Bennetts next signing.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Knights are sticking by him to help him through the process, why did they turn him into a farken idiot?
They didn't want much to do with Danny Wicks, who should be Bennetts next signing.
I dont think the knights turned him into anything. This is the same grub who took a piss on the field like it was nothing, I suspect he was always like this.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think the knights turned him into anything. This is the same grub who took a piss on the field like it was nothing, I suspect he was always like this.
Maybe, do League players need to take mental health assessments?
There is a difference between being made angry and jumping on someones head.
Every year big moola players are getting into shit.
What is the difference between our boys and the cricket teams?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two years is tough going but he should be out sooner if toes the line.
I think he has been made an example of but you need a good reason to do that.
There has been too many dog shots and unless someone ruins your job, spits in your beer, kills your dog, vandals your Commodore or totally frames you the judge will not let you walk this year.
Some people DO deserve a smack in the head and there ARE things the law cannot deal with and the law of the street used to be normal, but society just has lost the plot.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2. Packer is a dirty **** and I hope he gets raped in jail.
His new nickname will be "Fudge".

He deserves 2 years if not more. Punching on after the bloke is out cold and then stomping on him is pathetic and hes lucky he didnt do more damage to the bloke.

He's watched Once Were Warriors too many times and must think this sort of thing is acceptable.
**** him. I feel sorry for his family though, but Fudge should have thought about them before he decided to act like a ****ing Neanderthal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Two years is tough going but he should be out sooner if toes the line.
Fixed Term two year sentence.

That means .. regardless of your behaviour in prison, the sentence cannot be reduced. Packer is in the slammer till Jan 2016.

I dare say, all those young roided up males who head to the city this weekend will be thinking twice about dropping someone because they've had too much to drink and feel they need to show everyone how much "of a man" they can be by king hitting some innocent person.

N

Natboy

The sad thing is mate these "heroes" would love to show their mates they are as tough as Russell Packer, especially when on ice & that. It's pathetic but this is a much bigger problem than most people realise. You watch more of the same happen this weekend. Even those Skaf scum getting massive sentences for their gang rapes didn't stop some power ****ed idiots gang raping girls days later. It's so messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.