Fox Sports article on Belmore Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
nothing quite like an old suburban ground. This article brings back memories, I was at the Parramatta game this article refers to in 1993. Would've been about 15 years old at the time & boy it was a great day. They club had a big "Multicultural day" & naming of the Terry Lamb stand celebration. The boys stuck it to the slimey Eels and and put on a show & we flogged em. I still to this day think that there were more than 27,000 people at Belmore Sports Ground, as we used to go to almost every game and never had the place been so full it was standing room only on the Hill.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nothing quite like an old suburban ground. This article brings back memories, I was at the Parramatta game this article refers to in 1993. Would've been about 15 years old at the time & boy it was a great day. They club had a big "Multicultural day" & naming of the Terry Lamb stand celebration. The boys stuck it to the slimey Eels and and put on a show & we flogged em. I still to this day think that there were more than 27,000 people at Belmore Sports Ground, as we used to go to almost every game and never had the place been so full it was standing room only on the Hill.
Yea, I was there too ! Definitely more than 27000. Brett Dallas scored a hatrick.
I remember the day well, between the games they were revving up the crowd by getting all the different racial groups to cheer. They asked if there were any Lebos there and they lifted the roof, then they asked if there were any Italians there and I was the only one who cheered.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting to see the brother of Bryson (Luke Goodwin) and the father of Nathan (Geordi Peats) running around.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and did y'all See big Marty Bella put Flanno(Cronulla Coach) @4:35 on his backside? LOL :love:

A

Alexander the Great

The last game i watched was dogs vs old cowboys and terry lamb ripped them a new a$$hole. i would have been about 13 !!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember watching brett dallas play all 3 grades ,started in under 21s,then played reserve grade then i think was his debut in 1 st grade was great to watch

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FO1s1-8JM

LOL i found this video on youtube of that very game what a spin-out.
How shit was Ericsson ?? Stood up twice in one game.
I wonder who was in charge of recruitment back then ? Dallas and Williams, that's what wingers are supposed to be !
I used to be convinced McCallum had it in for us, I remember yelling at him after the game, telling him he couldn't steal that on from us ! LOL.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got that game on video.
The good old days.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Had forgot how many of my favourite players were in that one team. Always rated Dallas and that try around the 6.33 mark of the video shows that when its your day everything goes your way. Makes me want to do a "my favourite team of my era side" post lol. Well done, great memories. Terry Lamb hey, what a player!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, watching that vid, reminded me how much better our jerseys looked back then.
Much meaner looking

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, watching that vid, reminded me how much better our jerseys looked back then.
Much meaner looking
It helped that the players wearing them back then, were much meaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.