Best pho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Is green valley plaza the one with golden king chinese on green valley road.
I was never allergic to msg but they put so much in my satay beef I stopped breathing & had adrenaline in my heart to revive me! Now I'm allergic to any big amount of msg & that's why I love Vietnamese food now. So fresh & much healthier. I also love the people, culture & country
The Garlic and chili mud crabs from Golden King are heaven sent. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone asked me if I could choose one food and I had to eat it for the rest of my life Pho would be my number 1 choice.

My favourite would be a local made one at the bistro at Campsie Hotel, Ask for the Special Beef Noodle soup and at $8.50 it easily would satisfy your pho cravings as the serving is massive.
It comes with all the perks - bean sprouts,fresh mint on the stems,lemon and fresh chill's and special sauce.

My dish after a big night out!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
God bless you Kennel ... after watching a bunch of Anthony Bourdain, I've been tempted to finally lose my pho-virginity lately and "BOOM", here's a thread tailor made for me. Kind of reminds me of when I lost my leb-food virginity.

If you guys were gonna recommend an entry-level pho for a white-as-a-milk-bottle Aussie to start with (y'know, one that's not flaming-arsehole hot) ... tell me what it's called, so I can start my pho-journey next time I get the urge ?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's a few in Cabra that are really good! I've got a local one that's awesome as well called Pho 76. At Green valley plaza. Another 15 mins away from Cabra. Word of warning though, if you're driving in, parking will be a nightmare in Cabramatta. It does my head in. Fair dinkum, it is that bad! Lol
Always go to Pho 76, been going there for about 10 years.

N

Natboy

If someone asked me if I could choose one food and I had to eat it for the rest of my life Pho would be my number 1 choice.

My favourite would be a local made one at the bistro at Campsie Hotel, Ask for the Special Beef Noodle soup and at $8.50 it easily would satisfy your pho cravings as the serving is massive.
It comes with all the perks - bean sprouts,fresh mint on the stems,lemon and fresh chill's and special sauce.

My dish after a big night out!
Same! Now my number one food. You feel so great after it. It's like medicine if you are feeling a bit sick too

God bless you Kennel ... after watching a bunch of Anthony Bourdain, I've been tempted to finally lose my pho-virginity lately and "BOOM", here's a thread tailor made for me. Kind of reminds me of when I lost my leb-food virginity.

If you guys were gonna recommend an entry-level pho for a white-as-a-milk-bottle Aussie to start with (y'know, one that's not flaming-arsehole hot) ... tell me what it's called, so I can start my pho-journey next time I get the urge ?
Cabra is probably closest to you but maybe go to An pho on greenfield parade Bankstown across from the sports club and get a pho bo. You can add your own chilli, hoisin etc so it won't be too hot or anything

Always go to Pho 76, been going there for about 10 years.
Cool I'm definitely going to try it cheers

The Garlic and chili mud crabs from Golden King are heaven sent. Fuuuuuuuuuck.
I used to love it there. I didn't sleep much that night though & knew they packed it with msg but after waking up in emergency I quit Chinese food (well after trying it once more to test it out & had to race myself to Sutherland hospital & lost consciousness just after I stopped the car outside A&E lol)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
excuse me but what is pho??

does it come in curry flavour??

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pho An is prolly the best I had. The noodles and soup have this taste that I can't find in any other phos I've had. Believe it or not the rumour is that they put a little cocaine to get that taste.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Only ever been to two Viet places - Bay Bua in Potts Point and Pho James in Marrickville.

Both pretty good.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

CK you should start with the Pho Tai. Basically beef noodle soup, with just beef. If you're a little adventures and a little bit more open you can try the Pho Dac Biet, which is Special beef noodle soup has other meat ingredients like tripe and some beef tendon. This is what I always order.

Shoot me a PM what area your from I can tell you some good local places.

If not I'd say drive to Bankstown near the RSL and go to Pho An

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only ever been to two Viet places - Bay Bua in Potts Point and Pho James in Marrickville.

Both pretty good.
PHD in Marrickville Illawarra road is good as well.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pho An is prolly the best I had. The noodles and soup have this taste that I can't find in any other phos I've had. Believe it or not the rumour is that they put a little cocaine to get that taste.
Pho An do have the reputation for the best Pho but there are local ones that are just as good.

Lol yeah that is the rumour back in the day.

It was only one shop then started to do really well and expanded if anyone was around to remember

N

Natboy

excuse me but what is pho??

does it come in curry flavour??
Beef noodle soup. You can take some curry powder & add some mate haha

I always get pho tai. My mate ordered me the special bo with all the tendons & stuff & I couldn't do it

N

Natboy

Man I'll be looking out for them. I had so many satay mee gorengs now they taste like crap haha

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, clearly I need to get out more, but can anyone fill me in, WTF is pho? I have never ever heard it in my 36 years on this planet.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a Vietnamese dish Pho also known as beef noodle soup for the western people :thumb:

N

Natboy

Pho Tau Bay in Cabra on Monday! I can't wait. I'll tell you what I think

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I like Pho Thang Long in bankstown. Its down the road from Liberty Palace.

Pho An is average. Its quick service though which is a plus.

Im Viet too. Home made ones are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.