Have the Indo's hacked us yet ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry MRI but these are extremely silly comments...
Avoiding the absolute obvious "taking the piss" comments, how so ?

Rudd / ALP was in power when the tapping occurred yet they burn effigys of Tony Abbott ??

When was the last time Indonesia did something impressive on an international level ? They jail Aussie drug couriers longer than a mastermind of the Bali bombings due to his race & religion, can't control their own borders, and if they are doing so well as a country (iirc ~$850 billion GDP per year), why do they need / we give them ~$550 million a year in aid??

Their air force is comprised of mainly hand-me-downs and 10-20 year old technology, but at least they are buying a few new corvette class naval vessels soon.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good, fuk 'em. They need us, we don't need them
Actually we need them just as much...

Rest assured mate, if we didn't need them and quite as bad our government wouldn't part with a single $ towards them..That's why the government is panicking.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
both sides don't comment as standard policy on intelligence issues. Labor wouldn't either
im stating why they are angry at abbott

like how john howard didnt steal any aboriginal children, but they are probably angry at him for not apologising

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Come to think of it .... Why are we spying on them in the first place ???

If I find out we're just acting as USA's servants for USA's interests, then it'd good to apologise and repent our sins.

Indonesia may have a point after all ....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Actually we need them just as much...

Rest assured mate, if we didn't need them and quite as bad our government wouldn't part with a single $ towards them..That's why the government is panicking.
I thought we give them $ to stop them invading us.

What do we need them for? (Serious question.)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

for trade and also our companies especially our banks are trying to expand into the whole region, we dont need them but we want them

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Well, there's the "boat people". Indonesia have stopped military cooperation with Australia. If Abbott wants any chance of "stopping the boats" then he desperately needs Indonesia on his side. They don't need us.

Then there's the Aussie businesses operating there.

and most importantly, they're our closest neighbour with a population of 200 mill and an emerging economy. There are predictions in 50 years they will have a bigger economy than Australia. It's just common sense that we have friendly relations

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough. I still wouldn't show weakness by apologising to them ***** when they do the same thing.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention the trade we do with them. I know farmers who have suffered immensely from the live export ban that the Gillard Govt implemented. Indonesia till this day has not gone back to their previous order levels, and in fact have been importing from New Zealand.

They are a huge exporting opportunity. Australian businesses are becoming much better in the Halal industry. Those who think that Bega Cheese, for instance, produced a Halal Product for local consumption are deluded. It was clearly targeting the export market.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think they've spied on our PM's family
Don't get me wrong I hate politics because they are all evil *****. Spying is a part of life now whether we like it or not, they are playing a victim when they spy on others.

You think Bang Bang would of apologised to us if we busted his predecessor spying on us?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I find out we're just acting as USA's servants for USA's interests, then it'd good to apologise and repent our sins.
I think you are right on the money. We all know the US has a hard on for Muslims, IE blaming 911 on Muslims, and Indonesia have a large Muslim population and are close to the US communications base in Pine Gap. So its not so far fetched to say the US probably instructed us to spy on them.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I hate politics because they are all evil *****. Spying is a part of life now whether we like it or not, they are playing a victim when they spy on others.

You think Bang Bang would of apologised to us if we busted his predecessor spying on us?

Spying on his wife crosses the line whether you like it or not. If it's acceptable then it wouldn't be a secret

Its also pretty stupid, his wife isn't going to be talking about national security matters on her mobile phone.

Honestly, I think you're the one playing the victim card on behalf of Abbott. The "but they wouldn't apologise if they got caught" line is childish.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Spying on his wife crosses the line whether you like it or not. If it's acceptable then it wouldn't be a secret

Its also pretty stupid, his wife isn't going to be talking about national security matters on her mobile phone.

Honestly, I think you're the one playing the victim card on behalf of Abbott. The "but they wouldn't apologise if they got caught" line is childish.
Why would I defend Abbott let alone any politician? Who cares if they spied on his wife? Does that give those uneducated ***** the right to burn our flag and make threats? Fuk them and their scummy country.

And how is asking how would they react childish? What looks childish is you accusing me of being childish tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.