Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Those aspects are most definitely needed but you need smart and big/athletic soldiers who are capable of carrying out said skills and tactics. If I was a general I'd have my tactical team made up of the smarter soldiers yet when it comes down to the nitty gritty fighting (sea, land or air) I want the biggest, most athletic (much more skilled I believe) who are most likely to survive in harsher conditions type of soldier out there to carry out a mission.
Don't forget the itty bitty Viets fuked up the big strong heroes from murica lol

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What did you want Abbott to do?

Play the diplomacy game. The Indonesians aren't stupid and won't surprised they were being spied on, but how you respond is critical.

Look at the way Obama responded when the Germans were pissed they were being spied on, he at least handled it better diplomatically.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
apologise for tapping the phones and take responsibility on behalf of the government

but rudd more so should apologise
1. Rudd was leader
2. We would look like weak ***** to the world if he apologises
3. Fuk them

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Play the diplomacy game. The Indonesians aren't stupid and won't surprised they were being spied on, but how you respond is critical.

Look at the way Obama responded when the Germans were pissed they were being spied on, he at least handled it better diplomatically.
Did Obama apologise? Can't really remember.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Rudd was leader
3. Fuk them

The Indonesians don't care who was PM, all they see is the Australian government spied on the President and his family and Abbott is now the PM.
Plus, the spying dates back to when Howard was PM.

The fuk them attitude won't work, especially considering they're our closest neighbour with a population of 200 million+

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1. Rudd was leader
3. Fuk them
where is kevin rudd? somebody find him because this was a guy who criticised abbott for his words about turning back the boats and how they might offend indonesia

for some reason he is not calling a press conference now ffs

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Indonesians don't care who was PM, all they see is the Australian government spied on the President and his family and Abbott is now the PM.
Plus, the spying dates back to when Howard was PM.

The fuk them attitude won't work, especially considering they're our closest neighbour with a population of 200 million+
Back to my original point everybody spies, even litttle old Indonesia. I say fuk them because they are playing the victim card.

They are acting like kids, as if they don't spy on us?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only thing wrong we done was getting busted.

I would be more worried if we weren't spying tbh.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though Indonesia's army (200,000+) outnumbers Australia's army (53,000+) 4 to 1, we do have the better equipment and much better training. Australia is no stranger to fighting battles outnumbered as in Korea during the Battle of Kapyong 1 Australian battalion in a forward position assisted by a Canadian battalion and a US Armoured brigade later repelled a full strength Chinese Division enroute to Seoul. Not too shabby!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even though Indonesia's army (200,000+) outnumbers Australia's army (53,000+) 4 to 1, we do have the better equipment and much better training. Australia is no stranger to fighting battles outnumbered as in Korea during the Battle of Kapyong 1 Australian battalion in a forward position assisted by a Canadian battalion and a US Armoured brigade later repelled a full strength Chinese Division enroute to Seoul. Not too shabby!!
Plus being America's 53rd state helps us big time.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget the itty bitty Viets fuked up the big strong heroes from murica lol
Haha, sometimes it might not work if your intentions are just to kill everything and be stupid about it. The Viets had the backing of the USSR didn't they, a much more powerful war machine than the USA back in those days.

We do things to a higher standard and our spirit lets us push through, I do have faith in our army if things do go wrong simply because our nation isn't as dumb as others and our people don't take shit haha.

Plus being America's 53rd state helps us big time.
Mate if an American person said Australia was a 53rd state to me, I'd make them my bitch and teach them what we Aussies do down here to *****!

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those aspects are most definitely needed but you need smart and big/athletic soldiers who are capable of carrying out said skills and tactics. If I was a general I'd have my tactical team made up of the smarter soldiers yet when it comes down to the nitty gritty fighting (sea, land or air) I want the biggest, most athletic (much more skilled I believe) who are most likely to survive in harsher conditions type of soldier out there to carry out a mission.
You have some valid points.A big ticker,being a team player and the right attitude are better qualities for a soldier to possess.Surviving adverse harsh conditions wont be possible if you have a pea heart,no matter how good your fitness is or how much you squat.BTW I am not disagreeing with you.
But on topic,F@(k Indonesia we dont need them but they need our foreign aid.I could not careless if the people there starve as a result of foreign aid suspended.As for the pathetic burning of the Australian flag boo fkn hoo each time a certain religious prophet is verbally or comically insulted the whole world sees that act on display.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You have some valid points.A big ticker,being a team player and the right attitude are better qualities for a soldier to possess.Surviving adverse harsh conditions wont be possible if you have a pea heart,no matter how good your fitness is or how much you squat.BTW I am not disagreeing with you.
But on topic,F@(k Indonesia we dont need them but they need our foreign aid.I could not careless if the people there starve as a result of foreign aid suspended.As for the pathetic burning of the Australian flag boo fkn hoo each time a certain religious prophet is verbally or comically insulted the whole world sees that act on display.
All good brother, If Indonesia wants to play hard ball then we should aswell and I bet you they will come bitching if we cut the so called financial/aid support to them. If they are burning our flag that is their choice but it is a very low act just as making fun of certain religious prophets. Free speech is great and all but people should know that there are ****ing limits to what you should do publicly, if not they are just stupid.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate if an American person said Australia was a 53rd state to me, I'd make them my bitch and teach them what we Aussies do down here to *****!
It's sad but true. Rather be a state of China the way things are going.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only thing wrong we done was getting busted.

I would be more worried if we weren't spying tbh.

It's because we got caught the reason why we can't just say fuk em.

You're not meant to get caught, and when you do you have to act diplomatically, especially after spying on his family.

I don't know why people are talking about war, it won't get that bad. Indonesia have just stopped any military cooperation on asylum seekers, that's the type of fallout we can expect.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's because we got caught the reason why we can't just say fuk em.

You're not meant to get caught, and when you do you have to act diplomatically, especially after spying on his family.

I don't know why people are talking about war, it won't get that bad. Indonesia have just stopped any military cooperation on asylum seekers, that's the type of fallout we can expect.
Yeah it won't go nowhere near war.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
QUOTE=indiandog;2705214]
all ABC's fault for publishing leaked Snowden documents .

every country knows that every neighboring country spys, but they dont go out spruiking about it.

Basically Indos feel humiliated and insulted so now its all about saving face nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Long day looking like its going to be a long night. We're all forgetting about politics. It's election time, SBY will milk this for every last vote. The humiliation and insult is a political strategy.

Like mentioned a million times everyone spies. We're in the digital age which is why I freaked a bit yesterday. Just google surveillance equipment and my god if that's what the public can buy or contract then I don't want to know what the government has access to.

All that shit kinda bores me because its old. What interests me is the military talk. Especially military strategy. I think this is where we are missing a massive opportunity to be more efficient.

There where comments that triggered a few memories of some stories around the time the Collins class phuck up happened. It wasn't the only update, I think we got new planes as well and there where issues there too but have to go have a dig to be sure what it was all about.

Ultimately I don't think our military capability is as good as everyone thinks it is which is why we have to be the 53rd state. Anyway, I'll have a look later and see what I can find.

Last edited by a moderator:

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
everyone spies. we would have done this on behalf on America. it's pretty fuct and it would be embarrassing for them but it's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.