I had to look myself in the mirror: SBW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses. Muslims should be embarrassed of this fool parading their religion around for their own benefits. You only need to look at Hazem El Masri to see the difference.
No SBW didnt parade his religion,,,,,, more like some people on this forum parade him just cos he is a "brother"

To be honest from what I see he tried to keep it a secret for a long time.

on the flip side a guy like Hazem who is by far the nicest bloke/muslim role model for people....doesnt like SBW.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No SBW didnt parade his religion,,,,,, more like some people on this forum parade him just cos he is a "brother"

To be honest from what I see he tried to keep it a secret for a long time.

on the flip side a guy like Hazem who is by far the nicest bloke/muslim role model for people....doesnt like SBW.
Well said.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still just curiously interested as to why people label him a horrible person, excluding basic human flaws that we all have in one way or another?

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hazem El Masri is a champion in his own right and has represented himself extremely well in his career. I take my hat of to him
Sonny Bill Williams is a champion and a great person who has made a few errors in life and regrets them, but we all learn from our mistakes.

NO ONE IS PERFECT. both great people with a lot to offer the NRL community and supporters of their selected careers.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still just curiously interested as to why people label him a horrible person, excluding basic human flaws that we all have in one way or another?
if he was a top bloke , he would ve never played against the club who gave him the opportunity to become what he is today.

He said sorry a million times to the dogs fans and wished he could change things (said publicly a number of times) yet he chose to play for an opposition club and that too the club which is one of the biggest rivals.

He is horrible cos he said sorry but never proved it from his actions.

Apologized to bulldogs fans yet came back to NRL to fullfil a handshake deal..... if he really meant to be that sorry he could have come to play for Dogs or at the very least not play for an opposition club .

Even Benji is better than SBW who is another money hungry person who think he is bigger than any thing under then sun, YET will never play against Tigers.

It is just like me keep banging my friend's girlfriend and tell him I am sorry

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he was a top bloke , he would ve never played against the club who gave him the opportunity to become what he is today.

He said sorry a million times to the dogs fans and wished he could change things (said publicly a number of times) yet he chose to play for an opposition club and that too the club which is one of the biggest rivals.

Apologized to bulldogs fans yet came back to NRL to fullfil a handshake deal..... if he really meant to be that sorry he could have come to play for Dogs or at the very least not play for an opposition club .

Even Benji is better than SBW who is another money hungry person who think he is bigger than any thing under then sun, YET will never play against Tigers.

Seriously though? I get what you're trying to say, but that's a weak excuse to label someone a terrible person. We're crossing personal/business lines here that should really remain separate.

All other clubs are opposition clubs. And look how many ex-Bulldogs have joined the Roosters. Frankly, no one would be able to handle the pie-in-the-face feeling of coming back to a club he walked out on. And why would he? He walked out for a [his own] reason.

I'm a bit of an asshole at work, but wouldn't want people to think that defines my entire persona.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously though? I get what you're trying to say, but that's a weak excuse to label someone a terrible person. We're crossing personal/business lines here that should really remain separate.

All other clubs are opposition clubs. And look how many ex-Bulldogs have joined the Roosters. Frankly, no one would be able to handle the pie-in-the-face feeling of coming back to a club he walked out on. And why would he? He walked out for a [his own] reason.

I'm a bit of an asshole at work, but wouldn't want people to think that defines my entire persona.

I am sorry dogs fans , I spat on you 5 years ago but trust me I am a nice guy look at me I am coming back to NRL just to keep a promise, I am taking a paycut too just to prove that I am not money hungry. I wish I could bring back time and change things but I am gonna play for one of your biggest rivals cos I am really sorry. Yes I really mean it.

I am not a horrible person, its only business and nothing personal.....I hope you can forgive me Dogs fans.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry dogs fans , I spat on you 5 years ago but trust me I am a nice guy look at me I am coming back to NRL just to keep a promise, I am taking a paycut too just to prove that I am not money hungry. I wish I could bring back time and change things but I am gonna play for one of your biggest rivals cos I am really sorry. Yes I really mean it.

I am not a horrible person, its only business and nothing personal.....I hope you can forgive me Dogs fans.
If you read other people's comments on here you would of seen that he came to the dogs and offered to play for them but the board said no

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
didn't expect us to keep ALL of them though we could/should have keep a majority of those guys
With the exception of JT ,TBH they can keep the rest of them. None of them were better after they left.

I dont count SBW. If he hadnt left like he did and treat the club and fans with contempt i wouldnt hate him. But he did so im not sorry hes gone.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man, some people really need to get over it. Yes he walked out, yes he has made some bad decisions but ffs he was young and I'm sure regrets some of his actions from 6 years ago.

But ffs, let it go, build a bridge get over it. I think he is a top bloke. Can't be bitter all your life.

AND FWIW, if he stayed at the Dogs as much as I would have loved him too, I don't think he would have achieved nor got to where he is today.

#beingreal

COME AT ME NEGATIVE THUMBS FOR TALKING REAL!

Last edited by a moderator:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry jo7resh that is not true.
thats what I think too. One minute we read he had a handshake agreement with Politis which he honoured and then we read that we could have signed him. One contradicts the other. If he had a handshake agreement with Politis why would he offer to come back to us.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Such a fail comparison. Sorry dude, I cant debate or have a civilised conversation with someone of your mentality !
lol & how would you describe my mentality?

You need to relax...I am not insulting anyone's religion.

I'm simply saying on the one hand you have SBW. Everything he does is an act, a show, playing for the cameras, to increase his popularity and marketability. Religion is on of the vehicles he is using.

The you have the great man Hazem El Masri. A devout religious person and family man. A model citizen and a great bloke. He never paraded around trying to drum up publicity or use his religion to his advantage.

Not once have I seen Hazem scream an Islamic phrase into the camera or pretend he is talking to god whilst on the field.

So, rather that question my "mentality" you would be better served opening your eyes.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Why do people insist on trying to make sbw out to be evil:( Your not fooling anybody lol

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Man, some people really need to get over it. Yes he walked out, yes he has made some bad decisions but ffs he was young and I'm sure regrets some of his actions from 6 years ago.

But ffs, let it go, build a bridge get over it. I think he is a top bloke. Can't be bitter all your life.

AND FWIW, if he stayed at the Dogs as much as I would have loved him too, I don't think he would have achieved nor got to where he is today.

#beingreal

Is SBW a bulldogs player? NO. Why should I admire or like him?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Why do people insist on trying to make sbw out to be evil:( Your not fooling anybody lol
The only people being fooled are those who think he is mr humanity

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Seems like a decent fella to me. Im not saying his Mother Theresa, but to say he is putting on an act for the camera is way off. I mean the bloke avoids doing interviews to try and stay out of the spotlight.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

#beingreal

lol funny guy

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That Is one of the stupidest posts I have read on here... You provide no arguments or reasons... Just stupid sentences strung together.

Sorry mate I don't agree with you on that one... My opinion of him based on my relationship with him and i don't think i am being fooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.