I had to look myself in the mirror: SBW

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His actions at the time actually contributed to the club culture. His drink driving, rooting in public place etc etc were all choices he made..Has he forgotten this. He was 18, he was a kid, kids make mistakes but don't go blaming the club for you stuff ups. It wasn't the club culture that saw him pissed drunk at Northies every sunday night with his mates. He was young and made mistakes. At 20 years old he fails to mention he was pocketing close to half a million dollars a season from a club who supposedly had a negative culture.
Actually, the article has him quoted as admitting he needs to take accountability for his embarrassing actions. Any reference to club culture was a paraphrase by the writer of the article.
As much as I loved the squad of that day, that crew wasn't exactly angels, and bunched all together I bet they got up to mischief. Especially since Sonny was the youngest one, it's easy to be waylaid by a lifestyle that surrounds you. Many young, bright eyed and eager to please young guys would fall into that trap. I personally haven't heard him
Blame anyone more than himself.

The brown paper bags from uncle nick certainly help.

He's a fantastic athlete but a terrible person! Anyone that thinks he's changed are delusional. Its all. A facade. Its all about the coin and the power. I don't envy his success. He's clearly a talent and deserves his success and remuneration. What I find disgusting is how he purports to be a wonderful human being.
Can you explain further? What is the basis for labeling someone a "terrible person"?

He has always said that money is important for him (to support his family, supposedly). I respect loyalty like no tomorrow, but in this world sometimes you have to make business decisions. Sure, his flitting between sports is becoming irritating, but if people keep paying him, the laugh is on them.

I have let go of all my anger towards him a long time ago. Sure, we can't ever really forget what he did, but when do we forgive someone for their stupid actions? He just needs to settle the hell down and stay somewhere. He will go down in history as a guy who couldn't make up his mind and won't be a legend of anything.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
F*ck me I'm sick of hearing about this guy and the constant "me, me, me" articles. And I love how all of people's problems lie with someone/anyone else. Can we move this circus on, please?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This article just re assured me that what I thought of sbw was right. An athlete no question but has peanuts for brains. His a follower, a puppet he is not a man and to blame the clubs culture is pathetic. Did we see el masri act that way? Khoder Nasr burn in hell

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

He's a fantastic athlete but a terrible person! Anyone that thinks he's changed are delusional. Its all. A facade. Its all about the coin and the power. I don't envy his success. He's clearly a talent and deserves his success and remuneration. What I find disgusting is how he purports to be a wonderful human being.
Err, terrible person? what makes you say that? do you know him personally? I believe The Greatest knows him personally and would disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think SBW is a bad person, to the contrary I think he's a decent person. However,I don't think he's the smartest of blokes and is very easily influenced. Great athlete but not very bright. Nevertheless, he has made a lot of money the path he chose to take , or should I say the decisions others told him to take.
And who else has noticed him fixing his hair every 5 minutes when he's playing. He's obviously very self conscious about his image and how he looks.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think SBW is a bad person, to the contrary I think he's a decent person. However,I don't think he's the smartest of blokes and is very easily influenced. Great athlete but not very bright. Nevertheless, he has made a lot of money the path he chose to take , or should I say the decisions others told him to take.
And who else has noticed him fixing his hair every 5 minutes when he's playing. He's obviously very self conscious about his image and how he looks.
I think that is why he gave up boxing, he cared more about his looks rather then what Mundine was telling him and that is an okay decision by me. Why get munted when you can stay away from it?

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im a fan of SBW and think he is an amazing athlete BUT im so disappointed he wont be playing for the kiwis. I didnt think he would but at the end of the day the fact he wont be available says its all about him. As if you wouldnt want to play for your country ? that obviously sums up what he thinks of the NRL. its just about what he can do to increase his profile.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate I have always respected your opinion on here, but you are dead set wrong on this one... I know him personally and he truly is a top bloke.. He probably wasn't 6 years ago, but the SBW I know today makes me proud to know him mate. To call him a terrible person without knowing him is not right.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why can't he play for the Kiwi's this year?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im a fan of SBW and think he is an amazing athlete BUT im so disappointed he wont be playing for the kiwis. I didnt think he would but at the end of the day the fact he wont be available says its all about him. As if you wouldnt want to play for your country ? that obviously sums up what he thinks of the NRL. its just about what he can do to increase his profile.
I think that might be the give away to what he wants to do now

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I have always respected your opinion on here, but you are dead set wrong on this one... I know him personally and he truly is a top bloke.. He probably wasn't 6 years ago, but the SBW I know today makes me proud to know him mate. To call him a terrible person without knowing him is not right.
have u seen his bad side?

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This further reiterates my point in regards to be people being biased. You are obviously someone is that highly regarded on this forum, yet when you explicitly know the bloke and are vouching on his positive attributes, people still want to do discredit him. I don't know him personally, I can only judge him from what I see and hear from him and him alone. I just dont understand some people.... Once again, i agree that people are still feeling disheartened by the way he existed the bulldogs, like we all are, but cant some people just move on and accept what has happened ?!?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses. Muslims should be embarrassed of this fool parading their religion around for their own benefits. You only need to look at Hazem El Masri to see the difference.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses. Muslims should be embarrassed of this fool parading their religion around for their own benefits. You only need to look at Hazem El Masri to see the difference.
Can you please explain to me, how and why he has "paraded" the religion ?

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like I said, look at Hazem & look at SBW. If the differences don't slap you in the face...
Such a fail comparison. Sorry dude, I cant debate or have a civilised conversation with someone of your mentality !

Status
Not open for further replies.