Footy show: Sandor Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think Sandor was a little more then naive. He must've known tbh.
The Panthers also have a lot to answer for.
It looks like Earl has been made a scapegoat

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If what Earl is saying is all true, this is a horrific injustice on his part.

The thing that's most ridiculous is that this substance was taken to help heal his reconstructed shoulder... not to enhance his performance in any way. A way bigger deal has been made about this than it deserves...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If what Earl is saying is all true, this is a horrific injustice on his part.

The thing that's most ridiculous is that this substance was taken to help heal his reconstructed shoulder... not to enhance his performance in any way. A way bigger deal has been made about this than it deserves...
So what he came back from injury months early. That is massive advantage tbh.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I dont get how Dank is claiming he gave players nothing that was banned. That peptide was always a banned substance wasnt it..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have been able to give him some respect but i heard last week that he was going to give this interview to the highest bidder. Seems wrong for him to make money off this.

Anyway i didn't evn think about the footy show tonight. If anyone wants to give a brief run down about what he said i would appreciate it.
Trent Robinson brother done the same thing.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Interesting to hear massoud saying they're investigating use of party drugs such as cocaine and ecstasy aswell.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sandor was a little more then naive. He must've known tbh.
The Panthers also have a lot to answer for.
It looks like Earl has been made a scapegoat
Agree Panthers paid for his treatment I don't understand how they were cleared by the NRL.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well he is stupid for not checking on the internet you can go on to asada and type in the cjc-1295 and it says its not permitted

silva

Utility
Reaction score
well he is stupid for not checking on the internet you can go on to asada and type in the cjc-1295 and it says its not permitted
Was it legal back when he took it though?

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was interesting to hear Weedler state that Danks (whilst watching) was calm, empathetic, showed no ill feeling and acknowledged everything Sandor was saying. This in itself, tells me that that not only is Sandor genuine and truthful about the whole situation, but Dank should be the one being interviewed and interrogated. Earl alleges that Danks, after several questions and enquiries into the legality of the methods, said that it was all above board and legal.

Any reasonable person, in Earl's situation would be led to believe everything is fine, and even when doing the right thing and asking for assurances it was legal, was continued to be told that nothing was wrong. There is an element of trust placed upon these people in these positions.

Brohman, after the interview asked whether these bills have even been paid for. Do we know for sure that Penrith have made payments? If so, the question will be whether Penrith did their due diligence when accounts were being paid and whether they checked each expense.

If it came up in an invoice as a generic expense, for arguments sake, "player rehabilitation" then in an ordinary world, would you question it? Do the control measures state that each expense needs to be questioned? I would doubt it. It would be a seemingly easy way to blend in to business as usual without any inspection outside the norm.

The charge and term trafficking is also a bit of a joke. They make it out as if he was some massive drug trafficker when all he supposedly did was take the vials from Dank to the clinic in his car out of convenience and practicality - an idiot yes, trafficker, only by definition.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Was it legal back when he took it though?
This is what I want to know. Dank suggests it wasn't banned yet, but other people seem to suggest it was.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This is what I want to know. Dank suggests it wasn't banned yet, but other people seem to suggest it was.
If the substance was not banned then Asada have no right to go after anybody really.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree Panthers paid for his treatment I don't understand how they were cleared by the NRL.
It's funny how ASADA and the NRL claim ignorance on a players behalf is no excuse. But apparently, ignorance on the part of a club is a reason to absolve them of any responsibility.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what he came back from injury months early. That is massive advantage tbh.
Why is it considered performance enhancing when it's simply used to speed up recovery? Protein and BCAAs are legal and they speed up recovery also.

It's not like he was on a test cycle and became massive, was steam rolling opponents like George Burgess.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is it considered performance enhancing when it's simply used to speed up recovery? Protein and BCAAs are legal and they speed up recovery also.

It's not like he was on a test cycle and became massive, was steam rolling opponents like George Burgess.
I agree 100%. I don't see why the average Joe can legally use peptides to speed up recovery from an injury but a professional can't. The guy had a double shoulder reconstruction. Surely we would rather our sports stars able to play than not.

The system just needs better policing, only people with a legitimate injury should be able to use them. It would be hard... but I can't see it being impossible to police.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Some over the counter products are banned in some sports as well, its just depends what the board decide are legal or not.

peptides like CJC-1295 have the potential to cause high blood pressure, extreme stress on the liver and kidney, loss of fertility and yes, potentially even cancer."There are potential concerns with the long term use of any agent that promotes cell growth," he explains.
"CJC-1295 is used in the muscle and bodybuilding world where testing isn't that common. It's very popular as a muscle-building agent and is a banned substance because it's performance-enhancing."

Malla

Reaction score
Sandor is guilty. Absolutely no doubt about it. His penalty however is harsh... Dank should be the one questioned and interrigated. Judging by Sandor's reference to the process that Dank carried out, looks like Sharks are in all sorts of trouble...

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Sandor was a kid wanting to crack a regular spot in FG. To him (if he is telling the truth), this "legal" substance from a doctor will cut off 3 months of his recovery time.
A kid playing for a contract, most people would jump onto that opportunity. Poor guy, I feel for him.

In saying that, there were a lot of suss moments in the whole ordeal. It should have raised questions when it was all done outside Panthers grounds.
But a doctor with credentials is a doctor. When prescribed something from a doctor, who actually googles what they are given?

I think it was Sandors mum who raised a good point. Where is Dank? Hiding just makes you seem more guilty.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sandor was a kid wanting to crack a regular spot in FG. To him (if he is telling the truth), this "legal" substance from a doctor will cut off 3 months of his recovery time.
A kid playing for a contract, most people would jump onto that opportunity. Poor guy, I feel for him.

In saying that, there were a lot of suss moments in the whole ordeal. It should have raised questions when it was all done outside Panthers grounds.
But a doctor with credentials is a doctor. When prescribed something from a doctor, who actually googles what they are given?

I think it was Sandors mum who raised a good point. Where is Dank? Hiding just makes you seem more guilty.
Pretty much, he even said why would a footy player question a doctor, someone who possibly drops out questioning a university educated professional in their field would seem odd.

Earl was unlucky with injury and most likely desperate to get back on the field to further his career and make a living. Imagine being in his position and told this can help you heal faster, peptides are great for recovery and should be used for recovery but need more testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.