Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe not in 2014 but Hiku is off contract at the Eagles next year. I rate him very highly
Manly's backline will change soon enough.

Stewart is 29 and signed till 2016 (when he'll retire I reckon).
David Williams is 27 and only signed on a one year contract.
Jamie Lyon is 32, so can't be far off retirement and contract is unknown.
Steve Matai is 29 and signed till 2015 (when he'll retire I reckon).

So assuming all this.

I reckon David Williams may retire or be released (they thought long and hard re-signing him this year), Gutherson will eventually end up on the wing with Taufua, Lyons and Matai in the centres (both will need replacing soon you'd think), with most likely Hiku taking over fullback when Stewart retires.

Hiku may even slot into the wing with Taufua pushed into the centres if Matai/Lyons retire before 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if no one makes FB their own this year, who is on the market to play FB next year 2015?

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
*dons a tin foil hat*

Could there be a hidden message in that banner?

NEW season
NEW start
NEW bulldogs.com.au

and Patty Templeman is in the background of the photo.
On the website? That's Hodko

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if no one makes FB their own this year, who is on the market to play FB next year 2015?
Well if Perrett/Inu/Whatever else we have up our sleeve's can't make a go of it early, then it will be Morris there for the rest of the year.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if Perrett/Inu/Whatever else we have up our sleeve's can't make a go of it early, then it will be Morris there for the rest of the year.
No I'm talking outside of the bulldogs who will be on the market for next season

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perrett played well tonight. He tired his best but tbh his to slow for the fullback role.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris at fullback or give Lafai a crack I reckon, Lafai could really make something of it at no 1, he's fast & strong as, I've thought this for a long time tbh....Seriously everyone else is to slow or simply not ready to play fullback in first grade yet so..........

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Templeman has to get a run, he can't do worse than Perrett.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perrett played well tonight. He tired his best but tbh his to slow for the fullback role.
Pretty much, I was happy he tried and did his best but it isn't good enough for what we need.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now i know why des was trying to the last day to get hoff over the line. does he know that the fb must trail the forwards around the middle sweating on an offload. left finuacne, ohanlon and pritchard cold on a few occasions.

Dw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
perrett didn't even look threatening when the ball went out the back to him

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm tellin ya there's this kid in the u10's ... And only wants 5 bucks a try..

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm tellin ya there's this kid in the u10's ... And only wants 5 bucks a try..
My son in under 7's could create more. $5 for one try, 2 tries is $20 and 3 is $50. Are we in?

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
surely there is some else rather than Pirrett he put behind the 8 ball from get go. also like to see Tim Brown get more game time,seems to have the passion needed.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
perret gave it his all, its clear he aint a fullback but don't be to harsh on him lads, he was doing everything he can, he just doesn't have the capabilities

i still wouldn't make a change yet, dropping him for say patty who has barely played reserve grade will send the wrong message after a pre season battle he won, just give him a few more weeks

i will say, i didn't see anything in corey Thompson game that made me think fullback of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.