Sack hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think what you've forgotten Roddy is that throughout the season there has been:

No commitment
No aggression
No speed off the line defence
No variation in attack - backs and forwards
No moreale

All these things have been made worse by "The Ben Barba Show" which drew more attention than the our team non achieving . If things other than football are being focused on by a football club it is obvious that the club is divided. In that case the CEO, the Board of Directors and all connected with the club's on field performance should be made responsible and accountable for how we performed and the way we finished the season.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
He has to be held to account. Sack him and get Stephen Kearney.
LOL are you f*cking kidding me?
Wake up to yourselves you f*cking morons.
The guy has made bad decisions this year, and today's lineup was no different. Yeah that's a given but it doesn't warrant being sacked. That's pathetic.
Yeah we may have high expectations of our team and we have a team capable of more yet we've had a horror season riddled with injuries, drama and speculation.
In the end its Des who coaches the team but the team that delivers. Its not Des who drops the ball and its not Des who milks penalties. Its the players who need to pull up and the attitude tonight was horrendous.
We've removed the cancer that is Ben Barba and we have a new fresh slate to work with.
Head up guys, we don't call for the head of our coach after one f*cking season.

At least we aren't Raiders or the Eels.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought our Captain put in a very poor effort today.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what you've forgotten Roddy is that throughout the season there has been:

No commitment
No aggression
No speed off the line defence
No variation in attack - backs and forwards
No moreale
I have already said des shouldn't be sacked but a coach is responsible for everything on your list ;-)

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he deserves some of the blame for the way we played but I think you added that title just for dramatic effect. It hasn't got anywhere near the point that we should consider sacking him tbh.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
We're all hurting and want to play the blame game but at the end of the day the knights outplayed and out enthused us , it suck but we didn't give it our best shot. No good pointing the finger now , it's done.
For me I just hope the storm and the rorters get rolled and one of the other sydney teams take it out.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He took us to gf his first year and his second year he got us to our first consecutive final series in a while, he rolled the dice with barba but how could he have known exactly how soft a cock barba is, wait til next year and I'm sure things will be completely different and he also can't be blamed for players not putting in the aggression needed to win finals football

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des coming out just before the finals saying WE CAN BE THE FIRST TEAM TO WIN THE COMP FROM outside the top 4 should of sent alarm bells ringing.now that ain't flying under no radar dessy boys.he knew we had absolutely buckleys of winning so he wanted the medias attention.des along with ALL the players had a shocking year..not once did we put in a 80 minute performance,wait MAYBE once but still piss weak attitude.we can all blame barba but the reality is,WE DID NOT HAVE THE TEAM TO WIN JACK this year simple as that..now **** off and see you in 2014 with more of ur bullshit lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He took us to gf his first year and his second year he got us to our first consecutive final series in a while, he rolled the dice with barba but how could he have known exactly how soft a cock barba is, wait til next year and I'm sure things will be completely different and he also can't be blamed for players not putting in the aggression needed to win finals football
how could he have known how soft a cock barba is?

how could he have not known ffs

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, Barba was average today, but I wasn't his fault we lost. Our forwards were soft!
Our marshmello forwards have been soft all fkn year. Honestly, what does it take to fire these skirts up? I don't remember the last season I seen aggression in a bulldogs side. "04" maybe?

dogsfan103

Waterboy
Reaction score
This thread is a joke! Des made a mistake today, however any great coach would've done the same thing. He needed to put Barba in, he thought Barba could provide that spark we needed but it backfired. You can't possibly put all the blame on Hasler for the players fault. Yes he did not put the greatest line up on, but he believed these players could get through.. But you know what i blame the players they came with the intention they would win easily and played with no agression. THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED... Thank you to players like josh reynolds providing some hope for next year!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
2006 last real bulldogs forward pack

2009 was the hardest working one though

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
des hasler is in a dammed if he does dammed if he don't situation, if he leaves barba out hes got the media and everyone all over him saying hes left the dogs best player out of the team even though he has contributed sweet f all to the team all season, and if he plays him like he did, we are a team that looks like it doesn't want barba out there.

im sure it would have been spoken about with the senior players in the team, and it would have been a decision made by several not just dessy

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Des losing he's brother at the start of the year I think really threw him off. People forget about that.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how could he have known how soft a cock barba is?

how could he have not known ffs
I think barba is a pissweak piece of shit but even I didn't see him copping out with that same shithouse excuse as last time, I really hope we get a quality fullback because I would love to be able to go into a game happy that every player is putting in and deserves their spot so that will be an upside to next year, no more drama

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we put in a 80 minute performance this year. Either we had comebacks or scored enough that the other side couldn't make a comeback. Our ball control is a joke and had been all year but was never resolved.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dck head Des has been protecting T. Williams all year. Why, why fkn why? $600,000+ for what? The club doesn't give a shit about the fans or what we have to say. Us fans come out on a forum to express our disgust in certain players and Des will say that particular player has been playing well. We must be watching different games to Desmond. Fkn wake up!!

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des needs to look outside the square because with the team roster we have that performance is embarrassing.2014 new year need attitude.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
des hasler is in a dammed if he does dammed if he don't situation, if he leaves barba out hes got the media and everyone all over him saying hes left the dogs best player out of the team even though he has contributed sweet f all to the team all season, and if he plays him like he did, we are a team that looks like it doesn't want barba out there.

im sure it would have been spoken about with the senior players in the team, and it would have been a decision made by several not just dessy
If we're picking our team to suit the media; then we're in the same boat as the ALP and "team Rudd". Oh. Wait a minute - we are!

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Being last with 1-5 in round 6 and making it to 6th position was good enough tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.