DISCUSSION THREAD |Finals Week 1 | Bulldogs v Kniights

Winning Margin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sounds like a Newcastle home ground. What was the crowd?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many years between premierships .....changes need to be made
No no no we want to sign good samaritans and people that want to go church/mosque/temple every week. Pathetic set up and finish to the year. Hayne, ferguson or someone who can actually create sumfn must be hunted.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With the theory Des was holding back for the finals out the window, we just havent been good enough this year. Under the new system, its extremely likely that 1 will play 2 in the GF, and 3 and 4 will probably lose to them in the semis.

We would have been long odds to beat Storm in Melbourne next week anyway

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know about other clubs, but do some of these ****ers spend too much time in front of their fcuking iPhones and iPads..if these ***** spent as much effort on their footy as they do on their instagram account....well.....
yeh pisses me off, that's the reason why the Australian Olympic side went shit because of being obsessed with social media. Our team doesn't seem very professional compared to others, its good to have fun but our players just muck around and don't seem to give a shit.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't know how people rate Ennis. Retire please
To be fair he has been pretty good in a lot of matches this year. This just wasnt one of them and being the last one for the year, its the one a few ppl will rate his year by.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I have questions for Ennis and Des at the presser...

Ennis, why do you choose to lack professionalism in a finals game?
Des, why does the team lack so much discipline most of the year?
Des, why is holding onto a ball too difficult for your boys?
Des, who would you hold accountable in the team for the way they played today?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the theory Des was holding back for the finals out the window, we just havent been good enough this year. Under the new system, its extremely likely that 1 will play 2 in the GF, and 3 and 4 will probably lose to them in the semis.

We would have been long odds to beat Storm in Melbourne next week anyway
We have been so far off the top 4 all season it's not funny. I honestly see nothing changing next season. Des mentioned before the game about a disrupted week, i wonder what really happened?

dogsfan103

Waterboy
Reaction score
Graham to captain, hodkinson intensive training in the offseason, Romelo to hooker, Hayne/hoppa to fullback or someone as good, lafai Morris in centres and perrett inu on the wings, Ennis to retire gracefully before I kick his head in
Agree 100% with everything you wrote, Except instead of Romelo let one of the carter boys get promoted to first grade!

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards were outplayed and didn't lay the platform for our backs. No heart, no desire, no passion. Even having Hayne in our side today would not have made any difference.

The positive is we have depth. I think Des needs to start promoting players like Burr and Klemmer. Without any pressure on their spots the current pack will continue playing like they did today.

Also don't understand why Inu was dropped. Strange decision.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards were outplayed and didn't lay the platform for our backs. No heart, no desire, no passion. Even having Hayne in our side today would not have made any difference.

The positive is we have depth. I think Des needs to start promoting players like Burr and Klemmer. Without any pressure on their spots the current pack will continue playing like they did today.

few more:

Why play Barba and break the winning momentum when Jmoz is already doing a good job at FB.

Why keep persisting with T-rex when he has been pure lazy, clue less sh!t all year.

What set plays do we practice in training whole week??

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more i watch our team, the more they remind me of the warriors..

lacking completely of consistency, some days they look like world beaters, other days they look like absolute stumpers.

Hokko needs to learn to link up with Williams, and Williams needs to learn to stand deeper so he can hit harder. Someone also needs to drill his ****ing kicking. Where the **** was the support play with the intercept? not even the fuucking show poney appeared. absolute joke.

It seems like when barba gets back in the team the rest of the team throttle down and expect him to do something.

Newcastle defense was good today though... but i cant tell if that was because we were shit out of ideas.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally the pain is over...we have a strong roster but that alone don't make wins...we acted like spoilt brats out there.ennis is the captain and he was a crying like a baby all game.hopewe attract a fb after that display...might get cold feet

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you know what des meant pre-game about disruptions this week? Did something maybe happen with inu and he got dropped for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.