Play Barba again or not

Should Barba be brought back into the team?

• Yes, bring him back

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 87.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW Cup sounds like a good place for him this week to get some fitness back and show the public he has been dumped from first grade and let things cool down a bit.
If we are serious about a Grand Final Assault Hasler will want to play him at some stage.
Teo played SOO in the face of allegations as no charges were laid.
The Police will not charge BB with an historical assault, its too late even if he did do it.
Statute of limitations is usually a fair bit longer than a couple of months

MisterTee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just seen 3 bulldogs players training/getting ready for training at belmore. Reynolds Barba and one more player I couldn't recognise as it was a brief passing moment on the train. So Des might throw him into the action this week, it's better he play his first game this week then in a finals match, hopefully the media can get off our back and we can have a successful finals series!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if he played on thurs nyt vs the donkeys it would b the first time an opposing fan base cheer for a player and the fan base of current team boo the sh it out of him. Now that would b a scenario.

Malla

Reaction score
Nope. Even if we make the GF, he should not play. And if we win the comp he should not get a ring.

Simple.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Despite everything thats happend in the last few days, I wont be shocked if Des names him in the side

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess at the end of the day Hasler will know what state of mind Barba is in and if he is ready to play. Who knows, all these allegations might be bullshit. Wouldnt be the first time the media wrong about something

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been swayed... I don't think that fekker deserves to put on a blue and white jersey.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the latest saga hadnt come out till offseason, he may have been useful on the field while we had him, and i was ok playing him then.

I will wait till we know the full story/facts before i condemn him for anything hes done, but more worried many others will not be so level headed about it and distract him on the field, making him useless. The reason i say no is i cant see how he cant be distracted on and off the field at the moment and it has to affect his performance.

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If des was to pick him he should play of the bench I place of halatuo who barely gets 10mins a game. When he goes on morris back to centre and pretty sure lafai is big and strong enough to play in backrow.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even if he does play he will be a late inclusion
Des wont name him in the original line up

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why dont the club put everyone out of our misery and send him to brisbane alreadi. We all know hes not injured and we all know the majority of players dont want to play with him so i cant see why all this bullcrap is allowed to go on by our club. Im fairly pissed of how the club has handled all this on the eve of the finals.

N

Natboy

I wanted to boo him at suncorp louder than I booed the referees at halftime against the panfers lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The question isn't do we want him in the team, but do the players want him in the team?

Bulldogpride

Waterboy
Reaction score
F*ck no.

I'd rather play with no disruptions within the team. It's also a way to prove that we don't need him, and we'll be fine without him. I think the players will relish the opportunity to play through a finals campaign without him. Good practice too tbh
It would be a huge boost for the team confidence to win a semi without his grub head.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ben barba doesn't deserve to pull on the blue and white again

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To select Barba would leave our team and and semi final aspraations in total dissaray.

For starters Barba is an obnoxious little grub who would need "Rent a Friend" if he wanted a night out with anyone so he wouldn't have too many of the team on his side. Secondly, he doesn't want to be a Bulldog. Just pack his bag and call a cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.