Play Barba again or not

Should Barba be brought back into the team?

• Yes, bring him back

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 87.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So as the title states, should Barba be brought back into the team or not? In light of the new informations leaking about him will he be in the right mental state of mind to play again for us. If you asked me a week ago whether or not he should play again I would've said yes, as he is still our best fullback option and we are a better team with him than without him. However, all this stuff in the papers would surely be having a mental effect on him. It could be quite risky bringing him back into the team at this crucial stage in the season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kinda pissed to see another Barba thread. But the question is valid.

If you asked me before the latest revelation about the assault, id have said for sure, make use of him while we can, but now....just dont know how he can take the field, fans of both sides will be after his blood. Way too awkward and surely he cant play his best in the atmosphere he will create.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see how it's remotely possible. Even if the coach and players wanted him to , Raelene wouldn't allow it, imo

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We already had a poll like this...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We already had a poll like this...
Normally id agree with you, and im tired of Barba threads in general tbh, but the first poll about this was before the latest developments, and others may be like me and have changed their mind after the latest news, and get a chance to revote

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
F*ck no.

I'd rather play with no disruptions within the team. It's also a way to prove that we don't need him, and we'll be fine without him. I think the players will relish the opportunity to play through a finals campaign without him. Good practice too tbh

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be very surprised if he ever played for us again. Not just because of all the bad will, but because of the talks about him being stood down.

Not to mention that his head is in the wrong place after being dragged through the mud the last few days.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone had the photo and only released it this week because Ben is leaving.
I think some of the team may of forgiven him because the alleged incident was seven months old.
I truly believe it is the teams decision and should take a vote as BB has not been convicted of anything and it looks like sabotage.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I suppose I am more worried how Barba's mental side is, and if it's not focused on the game 100% he could end up being more of a hinderance rather than a bonus. THe guys are playing well, and I don't think Barba is the missing piece that would put us over the top. Rather it's up to guys like T-Rex to step up and be those guys (plus get all our injured players back!).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think some of the team may of forgiven him because the alleged incident was seven months old.
I truly believe it is the teams decision and should take a vote as BB has not been convicted of anything and it looks like sabotage.
It does smell of sabotage, i agree. Yeh hes not convicted of anything, and he may be not guilty of it all. Im more worried about his head not being in the right place, especially now, to be any use to us in the finals. Look how crap he was earlier in the year when his head was not on right. Hell he went off in a trial game at halftime, and refused to play the rest of the game, which i havent heard of anyone else doing (well apart from ferguson)

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know it's another Barba thread, but I do think its a valid question in light of what has been revealed over the past week. Hasler and Barba have both come out and said he will be physically fit for this round of footy, but I just dont think he's going to be in the right state of mind to play. He seems like a guy that would let what is being said about him affect him. I just dont think we can risk him at this stage of the season. If anything we should only give him a bench spot

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does smell of sabotage, i agree. Yeh hes not convicted of anything, and he may be not guilty of it all. Im more worried about his head not being in the right place, especially now, to be any use to us in the finals. Look how crap he was earlier in the year when his head was not on right. Hell he went off in a trial game at halftime, and refused to play the rest of the game, which i havent heard of anyone else doing (well apart from ferguson)
I think he might be ok because he has already been through the wringer with the team, the club, the counselling, the families, the alcohol ban and the fans.
He played crap for a while and finally got his head around it and came good, he needs to not let it get to him, he has paid dearly and will continue to pay for it for some time.
The club had to refer it to the NRL because the media were all over it.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw him in the blue oyster bar to watch the game with the boys

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The club will feel my wrath in the form of a very stern letter if he plays again!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will look pretty bad on the club if he is played. We are already getting bad publicity for apparently "covering up" the story. Could you imagine the headlines if we actually do play him then it comes out that he did in-fact bash his partner. Playing him will probably do more harm than good.

If we were absolutely struggling without him then there'd probably be more pressure to play him but I think with a full strength forward pack our back line will be just fine.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
play him in reserve grade
NSW Cup sounds like a good place for him this week to get some fitness back and show the public he has been dumped from first grade and let things cool down a bit.
If we are serious about a Grand Final Assault Hasler will want to play him at some stage.
Teo played SOO in the face of allegations as no charges were laid.
The Police will not charge BB with an historical assault, its too late even if he did do it.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except that apparently the telegraph or whatever says they've known of it and even possibly had it for months

Status
Not open for further replies.