Pamfers to sue News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8715146

Penrith are taking legal action against News Corp Australia following a Daily Telegraph back page story on Friday regarding Sandor Earl's time with the NRL club.

Canberra winger Earl was issued with an infraction notice by the NRL on Thursday after admitting using and trafficking the banned CJC-1295 peptide when interviewed by ASADA officials earlier this week.

"Panthers are very disappointed with the inaccurate and misleading story in today's Daily Telegraph," a club statement said.

"Panthers have been cooperating; including providing receipts for what the club believes is legitimate treatment of the player.

"Panthers are taking legal action because of damage to their reputation and because of the misleading and untrue allegations.

"We will be making no further comment, as it is now a legal matter."

A News Corp Australia official declined to comment on the Panthers statement.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
More people (not just footy clubs) should be suing these organisations. THey simply have too much power and too little accountability.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More people (not just footy clubs) should be suing these organisations. THey simply have too much power and too little accountability.
That's exactly right, these journo's and organisations they work for need to be held accountable for what they print. These guys have the power to completely destroy people's lives by printing any rubbish they please with no consequence if they get it wrong.

Just one of many, many examples. How much damage have they done to our club over the coffs harbour thing? I would hate to think of it in dollar terms but it's not just that, what price do you put on a reputation? we still cop shit over that 9 years later and not a single person was charged for anything. As croydondog points out it's not just footy teams.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is nothing I would love more than to watch Rupert Murdoch's power get dismantled. Scum **** of the earth. Take your monopolised Foxtel and News Corp and die a horrible ****ing death you maggot.

Hope Penrith follow through and get a little win, but in the big picture, the Australian governments being toothless to the corporations of this land (both of the main parties, especially the LNP who has openly advocated supporting big business on a significant scale, at the expense of everyone but the IPA and all that fall into that type of window.......rich stay rich, and **** all you little wage slaves), nothing will change and these media hacks are a dime a dozen for the old **** that is ****ing over the Australian public on a daily basis in so many ways.

Despite the situation, don't just roll over and take it. Even if it is only a little win, make the pricks accountable. Go hard Panthers, do not relent

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll what is actually mis leading in the article I wasnt quite sure

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We'll what is actually mis leading in the article I wasnt quite sure
The headline "Penrith Panthers paid $1160 for Sandor Earl's peptide injections during 2011 NRL season".

Insinuates and defames Penrith, in that they deliberately and knowingly paid for his peptide injections.

In reality Earl went to an outside doctor and sent Panthers the bills to pay. They didn't know what they were for, and just paid them.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the time frame of when those medical prescriptions were stolen? Could it all be related?

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headline "Penrith Panthers paid $1160 for Sandor Earl's peptide injections during 2011 NRL season".

Insinuates and defames Penrith, in that they deliberately and knowingly paid for his peptide injections.

In reality Earl went to an outside doctor and sent Panthers the bills to pay. They didn't know what they were for, and just paid them.
Well there is nothing mis leading about that because they did pay for Sandow earl bills. it doesn't say they sent him out to get these injections, so it doesn't suggest anything if you read the article the headline fits the article

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Well there is nothing mis leading about that because they did pay for Sandow earl bills. it doesn't say they sent him out to get these injections, so it doesn't suggest anything if you read the article the headline fits the article
You my friend are a nong.. "The club paid a medical bill" was another way they could have said it.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You my friend are a nong.. "The club paid a medical bill" was another way they could have said it.
But hold up is the headline incorrect ? they did pay for a medical bill which just happen to be for peptides use for Sandor ear.l they might of not know what they were paying for but regardless they did pay for Sandor earls injections so please explain to me how this headline incorrect

And remember that media is going to use a headline that is going to get people's attention saying panthers paid for a medical bill is useless no one would care

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
But hold up is the headline incorrect ? they did pay for a medical bill which just happen to be for peptides use for Sandor ear.l they might of not know what they were paying for but regardless they did pay for Sandor earls injections so please explain to me how this headline incorrect

And remember that media is going to use a headline that is going to get people's attention saying panthers paid for a medical bill is useless no one would care
So by your logic, "Australian government pays Sea Eagle supporters to play pokies", is correct when referring to Centrelink payments.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's exactly it..

They've used an incorrect and defaming headline in order to sell more papers and the story.

Panthers were unaware that the payment was for peptides potentially, and yet it is insinuated by the headline that Panthers knew what it was for.

That's why they are being sued, because it's practically accusing the Panthers of buying drugs for Earl.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the herald wrote the exact same article there would be no lawsuit

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly it..

They've used an incorrect and defaming headline in order to sell more papers and the story.

Panthers were unaware that the payment was for peptides potentially, and yet it is insinuated by the headline that Panthers knew what it was for.

That's why they are being sued, because it's practically accusing the Panthers of buying drugs for Earl.
We'll I guess I just didn't didn't see anything about it being mis leading after reading the article
Just different views between me and most people on here

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is nothing I would love more than to watch Rupert Murdoch's power get dismantled. Scum **** of the earth. Take your monopolised Foxtel and News Corp and die a horrible ****ing death you maggot.

Hope Penrith follow through and get a little win, but in the big picture, the Australian governments being toothless to the corporations of this land (both of the main parties, especially the LNP who has openly advocated supporting big business on a significant scale, at the expense of everyone but the IPA and all that fall into that type of window.......rich stay rich, and **** all you little wage slaves), nothing will change and these media hacks are a dime a dozen for the old **** that is ****ing over the Australian public on a daily basis in so many ways.

Despite the situation, don't just roll over and take it. Even if it is only a little win, make the pricks accountable. Go hard Panthers, do not relent
People like you make me sick, you just cannot get over your deep hate for the LNP because of some dribble you were fed by your elders in a lower income town as a kid. The cycle continues and its why we have endured a Govt that has changed leaders twice without the public having a chance to vote. Democracy my ass.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If proven as false (i.e misreported) its career over for James Hooper and Josh Massoud
I find this hard to believe. The Tele wouldn't fire one of their most loyal dickholes (Massoud).

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
People like you make me sick, you just cannot get over your deep hate for the LNP because of some dribble you were fed by your elders in a lower income town as a kid. The cycle continues and its why we have endured a Govt that has changed leaders twice without the public having a chance to vote. Democracy my ass.
x2

Except for the you make me sick bit, I'm a sweetheart :p

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
gillard was sort of elected tbh

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hold your Horses via, wait till after the election just to make sure we get rid of that lunatic running the country right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.