The Barba Clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine the uproar if Dogs play Broncs is the GF and the clasue is activated.

The Dogs would have to yield to the pressure.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah maybe but as a Club it reeks of weakness and that's how other fans would see it as well. Why would we put ourselves in the potential situation of that when we could just get on with it and play all comers? doesn't make sense to me.

The only reason is that we would fear him tearing us a new one but conversley people have been saying how he's playing shit,can't defend etc.Fickle to say the least. Let's just get on with it and play the best and try to bury him. Much more satisfying imo
I agree that it'd be more satisfying if that happened. Where we disagree is that I don't think it's worth the extra satisfaction if we win as a trade off with a lower chance of winning. And I can live with their crowd going on like twits about it - how would we notice a difference? ;)

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree that it'd be more satisfying if that happened. Where we disagree is that I don't think it's worth the extra satisfaction if we win as a trade off with a lower chance of winning. And I can live with their crowd going on like twits about it - how would we notice a difference? ;)
weak

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine the uproar if Dogs play Broncs is the GF and the clasue is activated.

The Dogs would have to yield to the pressure.
We somehow have an uncanny ability of always playing the Broncs come Sept Finals.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
You're the one worried about what other fans will think, not me. Does it get more weak than that?
yeah it does. Worrying about losing by playing Barba so going out of our way not to. As you would do.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah it does. Worrying about losing by playing Barba so going out of our way not to. As you would do.
I thought winning was important to you?
It's this simple - you should always do what the other team would like *least*. They're about to pay $1M for Barba - they want him to play every game. So we take that from them. Simple. Crapping on about weakness is displaying your own weakness - that protecting your ego is apparently more important than winning

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be interesting if we played them in a grandfinal

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
also we miss out on the return game marketing opportunity, i thought everyone at the club was upset when we had to play the storm without the attractive names

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I thought winning was important to you?
It's this simple - you should always do what the other team would like *least*. They're about to pay $1M for Barba - they want him to play every game. So we take that from them. Simple. Crapping on about weakness is displaying your own weakness - that protecting your ego is apparently more important than winning
I don't wish to repeat myself over. You have a different way of looking at this which is great. I think you're a peaheart, you think I'm an egotistical wanker.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't wish to repeat myself over. You have a different way of looking at this which is great. I think you're a peaheart, you think I'm an egotistical wanker.
Wanker? No. Tragic sufferer of traumatic head injury? Yes.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Wanker? No. Tragic sufferer of traumatic head injury? Yes.
mate get over it. If you have a different view then great. I'd rather win by playing the best and winning that way rather than having excuses for the win over our heads. No need to get up on the blocks over it.

N

Natboy

It's good to see a fight on here that doesn't involve me for once haha

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think it is a concern regarding playing them in finals anytime soon
Even with barba it will be a while before they get back to any top 4 level I think

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give him a full release with compensation via payment or player swap. If thats not done then he sits on the sidelines. The sooner it all ends the better.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Barba Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.