Barba on Sterlo tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
In saying that, no big deal. It sunk in a while ago that he wasn't going to be here long term. He's a young man who made a few stupid decisions in his life after a break out year in the NRL. He grew a big head, basically. Amazing talent and wish him all the best.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
TG hasb een fed bullshit by the club?

Malla

Reaction score
Someone update us please
Said his 'ex partner' is definitely moving up to QLD, specifically Brisbane. Barba would like to follow, has left it up to management to negotiate and 'look at options'. For the mean time is contracted to the Bulldogs.

Seems as though he won't be here long term, either way.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was directly asked if he had asked for a release or at least sounded out the possibility of a release. His response was that his ex partner IS moving to Queensland with the kids. He stated that he would join them regardless. He bumbled his way through where should would go but said that she is moving to Brisbane. Judging by the way he was speaking and answered the questions I believe he will be leaving at the end of the year.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's gone imo gone next year

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok so a summary break down?

Misses is moving.
Will follow regardless of contract or release ?

If true I hope Dogs play hard ball and make him sit out for years!

mani60cent

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
****, he is a quality player that did us good we need a good replacement.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He was directly asked if he had asked for a release or at least sounded out the possibility of a release. His response was that his ex partner IS moving to Queensland with the kids. He stated that he would join them regardless. He bumbled his way through where should would go but said that she is moving to Brisbane. Judging by the way he was speaking and answered the questions I believe he will be leaving at the end of the year.
We need a real ffullback ASAP, we are ****ed with Morris at the back.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone update us please
Sterlo asked him "Have you asked for a release"

Ben Barba's response was hesitant and then he straight away said that his family are relocating and that it will happen sooner rather than later (he couldn't even hide the fact that this is going to happen either end of year or next year). Also he pretty much didn't answer the question and said the typical bullshit response of "leaving it up to my manager and seeing the opportunities available". I honestly know now that he's gone after watching his response and will ask for a official release once we our season/finals finishes.

p.s he didn't even say yes or no if he asked for a release...

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
If we pick up Hoffman in exchange I'll be happy enough. More than capable player, and consistent.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Sterlo - "OK your names been in the papers about what might happen in the future, have you gone to the Canterbury club requesting any release mmm for next season at all, have you sounded that out"?
Barba - "Oh look hmmm, thats obviously been in papers a few weeks, but look mmm my family, well mmm my mmm ex partner and my kids will be relocating to QLD and I've left all that stuff up to my management and all that sort of stuff to asked them what's the possibility of me going, but mmm, at the end of the day mmm, when she goes it will HAVE TO HAPPEN, rather soon, oh mmm how should I say it cause it's a quiet a difficult question... mmm yeah mmm I would like to join them but I'm still contracted at the Dogs, mmm yeah we'll see what happens".

Tried my best LOL

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club should reject his request, and if he decides to walk out, he should cop the same treatment as SBW.

The club, and the fans have copped enough of this garbage from our marquee players over the years, and this is Raylene Castle's chance to say enough is enough! Ben has a contract until 2015, a release will not be granted, end of discussion!

Jay-Tee

Waterboy
Reaction score
He mite as well just tell everyone because from that response he just answered the million dollar question ..... he's gone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.