Mitchell Pearce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
He is there by default but surely this has to be his last game for NSW?

Since his debut he has done nothing.

He has suffered under pressure, he looks lost on the 5th tackle, his kicking game is terrible, he lacks organisation and direction and constantly goes missing when the tough gets going and it was evident in this series.

Pretty much Farah played Pearce's role in the no. 9 jersey.

Im sure Adam Reynolds will be ready next season if he remains fit and he should step up, todd Carney would be another option as he has played in the halves with Canberra and the Sharks.

But I cant see how Pearce deserves another crack at halfback when there are better options than him and when he has failed to step up in origin.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I liked what James Maloney did this series, all he needed was a good Halfback to share the role.

Pearce has had ample opportunity to have even ONE great game. He's just so pedestrian, and when he is forced to male a decision... he chokes.

Adam Reynolds will be an easy decision next year.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Agree with having Adam Reynolds in there.

What about John Sutton. Can play in the back row and 5/8. Would have done better than Cordner today.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nsw win the series if they had a competent halfback.

No way in hell Pearce should ever play again. We have seen the best of Pearce and that isn't good at all.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is too small, would be a liability in defence. Imo he needs a few more years.

I'd put Carney or Campo (who is coming back from injury) there.

B

Bonnieclyde

I'll go for qld till Pearce is ****ed off I refuse to support a team with that **** in it

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I dont think size is an issue for Reynolds... JT did did well when he first started and he was a small player.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Daley has picked Pearce first for his team then he should go as well. Disgraceful!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think size is an issue for Reynolds... JT did did well when he first started and he was a small player.
Good point

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce is an overrated dud that can't kick, can't pass and has no direction. His incompetence lead to poor 5th tackle options and put absolutely no pressure on QLD. Our attack was one dimensional - one out hit ups. Where is the creativity? We had majority of the possession and still unable to score. Did we even get a repeat set? Instead of playing his own game, Farah had to step up where Pearce so miserably failed. I counted numerous sets where Pearce didn't even touch the ball!

If Pearce gets picked ahead of Reynolds next year, then that'll do me. I have no idea what Daley sees in this bloke, and I love how Fittler and Sterlo tried to talk him up during the game as well, as if the viewing audience are a bunch of idiots. Do us all a favour and retire from rep footy to avoid being picked again, in the interest of your state.

They say you can't blame one person and it's a team game. When the entire team plays out of their skin and one player isn't pulling his weight, especially when their in a pivotal position...then f*** yeah you can blame one person.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Pearce is an overrated dud that can't kick, can't pass and has no direction. His incompetence lead to poor 5th tackle options and put absolutely no pressure on QLD. Our attack was one dimensional - one out hit ups. Where is the creativity? We had majority of the possession and still unable to score. Did we even get a repeat set? Instead of playing his own game, Farah had to step up where Pearce so miserably failed. I counted numerous sets where Pearce didn't even touch the ball!

If Pearce gets picked ahead of Reynolds next year, then that'll do me. I have no idea what Daley sees in this bloke, and I love how Fittler and Sterlo tried to talk him up during the game as well, as if the viewing audience are a bunch of idiots. Do us all a favour and retire from rep footy to avoid being picked again, in the interest of your state.

They say you can't blame one person and it's a team game. When the entire team plays out of their skin and one player isn't pulling his weight, especially when their in a pivotal position...then f*** yeah you can blame one person.
This x1000!!!

Agree with everything you said mate.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Surely after this shitty performance this means the end of his representative career. The only reason he gets looked at is because of his old man, if only mitchell was half the player wayne was.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Their effort was outstanding i couldn't knock any of them" - Daley. Yep Pearce will be in next year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Effort was there? Clearly he is delusional. We looked lost in their 20m zone and never really looked like scoring at all. The amount of errors and lack of creativity from our halves is what cost us tonight. Simply said Queensland wanted it more than we did hence why they have won the last 8 years running. Not only do they have the best players in the world in their team but the attitude and mentality is what gets them over the line.

Until we can show the correct attitude, a tougher mentality and not persisting with players that add **** all, we won't win a series and Queensland will continue their dominance.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone remember the piece of shit article Benny Elias wrote about farah being the number one hooker n the game. Lol what a joke. Not even number one in the state. 3 runs last night.. 3! Wtf did he do all night. Only made 40 tackles which isn't really a lot these days. He just offered nothing. One or two kicks were decent but no running game at all. Just one out shit. And that kick just after half time? Wtf, we had them in the ropes 30 out 4th tackle and he lolly pops it into the corner. ****ing tool

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.