DVD's / Kids Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a Samsung DVD Recorder / Player that is connected to the TV. Please can someone answer me these 2 questions before I smash it.

1. Why does it jump, f&*k around & then says it can not play disk. I have tried 5 original disks & I get the same problems.

2. Why does it have a play button at all. If I didnt want it to play, I wouldnt have stuck a disk in it to begin with.

This is doing my head in. Kids on holidays, play me a movie.

I might have to get a VCR and watch Dorothy the Dinosaur, at least it wont jump.

The Bulldogs better turn up and beat the Storm on the weekend!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it has a play button in case you want to resume normal viewing after a pause, stop, or rewind/fast forward tbh

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it has a play button in case you want to resume normal viewing after a pause, stop, or rewind/fast forward tbh
When I press play the f*&ken thing starts, jumps then ejects the disc.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just buy a new one u tight arse

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just buy a new one u tight arse
Times are tough bud but I way pay that!

Foxtel tends to show the same shit for months at a time.

Anyway what is the better way of recording or watching a movie.

Connect the TV to Youtube?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score

I know how you feel, Stoofy! Times are Tough. Everything is so expensive. For Example, Petrol prices $1.70 per litre. What a F*&ken Joke!

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score

But with a DVD/CD player you can get on at Kmart for $15. AudioSonic Brand, Got 1 and does the job for me!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they're costing now but you can get digital recorders with built in memory for storage that record directly from TV. Some even have DVD burners included so you can create a copy if you want.

If you are broke right now then go check out Dick Smiths. I picked up a $40 DVD player there that's turned out to be better than any i had previously owned. It plays disks that my last DVD player wouldn't read and any type of video/music file i have ever downloaded.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Samsung have a Blu-ray player with a twin digital tv tuner and a 1tb hard drive. Also has smart tv and wifi so you can connect to the net from the payer. I know, cause I have one.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know how you feel, Stoofy! Times are Tough. Everything is so expensive. For Example, Petrol prices $1.70 per litre. What a F*&ken Joke!
Does your pushbike's whipper snipper motor really use that much fuel ?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Samsung have a Blu-ray player with a twin digital tv tuner and a 1tb hard drive. Also has smart tv and wifi so you can connect to the net from the payer. I know, cause I have one.
Can it play standard DVD discs as well?

If so how much are they? I need to get one to complete my system.

I have a NEC monitor, Harmon Kardon amp & JBL surround sound speakers.

I might get a projector with a drop down screen. Any you recommend?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can it play standard DVD discs as well?

If so how much are they? I need to get one to complete my system.

I have a NEC monitor, Harmon Kardon amp & JBL surround sound speakers.

I might get a projector with a drop down screen. Any you recommend?
Yea, plays DVD's, also 3D, but I'm not big on 3D anyways, just a gimmick. I think it was about $450 which is pretty reasonable when you consider what it does, there's also a 500gb one that's a little cheaper.
Not sure about projectors, never really looked. I prefer plasma or LED. Projectors are hopeless when there's too much ambient light and I find their image a little cloudy.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea, plays DVD's, also 3D, but I'm not big on 3D anyways, just a gimmick. I think it was about $450 which is pretty reasonable when you consider what it does, there's also a 500gb one that's a little cheaper.
Not sure about projectors, never really looked. I prefer plasma or LED. Projectors are hopeless when there's too much ambient light and I find their image a little cloudy.
For $450 it sounds great. Thanks for that!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought you said "times are tough"..
Well I paid a few years ago $350 to $400 for a DVD burner / player (possibly 8 years ago) then replaced it with a new one (possibly 5 years ago). There goes $700 - $800 on both players.

If these new Blu ray players can record to a hard disc, connect to the web, play all discs, last a few years (possibly 5 years) then its a bargain.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I paid a few years ago $350 to $400 for a DVD burner / player (possibly 8 years ago) then replaced it with a new one (possibly 5 years ago). There goes $700 - $800 on both players.

If these new Blu ray players can record to a hard disc, connect to the web, play all discs, last a few years (possibly 5 years) then its a bargain.
That's exactly how I looked at it. I've watched blurays, DVDs, you tube clips and watched and recorded digital tv, all on one device while sitting on the lounge.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread but yes, you can buy DVDs that clean the lens (don't ask me how it works).

Mine wouldn't play even brand new discs, used the cleaner, and bam, it plays again. Like the old school VHS and liquid cleaners. Maybe try Dick Smith?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread but yes, you can buy DVDs that clean the lens (don't ask me how it works).

Mine wouldn't play even brand new discs, used the cleaner, and bam, it plays again. Like the old school VHS and liquid cleaners. Maybe try Dick Smith?
I got one, it had little brushes stuck under the disc. I took one look at it and chucked it in the bin. Doubt brushes rubbing on the lens at 1500RPM is good for the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.