Manly V Parramatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congratulations to Manly. They put a weaker side to the sword by 40 points.

Why cant the Bulldogs do this? Forget the last 2 weeks but in previous weeks when we dominate, we just cant come up with beltings like that. eg: Dragons, Parra or Cowboys.

Is it the case that we are just doing the bear minimum & now its biting us in the ass (complacency)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra played well against us this year, they weren't in total implosion mode back then. But we definitely lack a lot in attacking flare lately which is hurting us.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra played well against us this year, they weren't in total implosion mode back then. But we definitely lack a lot in attacking flare lately which is hurting us.
The better teams hammer the weak with big scores. It has happen to us but we cant return the favour.

Our F/A will haunt us this year.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The better teams hammer the weak with big scores. It has happen to us but we cant return the favour.

Our F/A will haunt us this year.
I can remember 2 games not that long ago where we let go a huge lead to only just win. Our poor poor F/A :(

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can remember 2 games not that long ago where we let go a huge lead to only just win. Our poor poor F/A :(
Well that's right. Early in the season other teams would put us to the sword but we dont. We need to be come ruthless.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we miss the finals in 2011 because of F/A. From memory I think we finish with level points with the Knights, however due to their F/A they made 8th and we missed out.

Probably looking at a similar outcome this year.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Allgood was probably expecting a couple of punches from Matai with the way he was walking towards him.
Concede you may be right there.
Now just waiting for the mrc to suspend Matai for walking towards a player!

Yeah, Matai has form but sucks that he faces suspension these days if he looks the wrong way.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly, he got in first. Matai is a grub with form for shit like that. I would've done the same thing if I was allgood. What is he going to do? Wait for Matai to belt him first? The cat got what he has deserved for years
So now Matai is a grub for going to the defense of a player who copped a swinging arm while being held by two others - Namely Burher who has no record of dirty play.
Take a reality pill.
I'm sure you would be singing a different tune if you were lucky enough to count Matai within your ranks.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It is no secret that Matai is one of the biggest grubs in the game, but he wasn't in this instance. Punching someone in the face because you think they are about to punch you (and they don't even raise a hand...) makes you a total dickhead.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is no secret that Matai is one of the biggest grubs in the game, but he wasn't in this instance. Punching someone in the face because you think they are about to punch you (and they don't even raise a hand...) makes you a total dickhead.
Depends on who's coming at you, Matai would be someone who would smack you so I don't blame him.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
But at least wait until he tries to strike you, then at least you have some justification. Now all he has done is make his suspension longer (assuming he gets a separate suspension for the swinging arm) and when your team is in dire straights that is a very selfish thing to do.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now Matai is a grub for going to the defense of a player who copped a swinging arm while being held by two others - Namely Burher who has no record of dirty play.
Take a reality pill.
I'm sure you would be singing a different tune if you were lucky enough to count Matai within your ranks.
Isn't it slightly telling that Matai was the only one to rush over in the fashion he did? Matai instigated the incident by running over there like that. This guy has a massive track record of dirty play and looking for conflict. It's pretty funny that he actually happened to be on the end of it for once.

Matai is the type of dude that would be robbing houses in South Auckland if he wasn't a rugby league player. I wish Allgood knocked Matai out cold, it would have been a small piece of justice for what Matai has done throughout his career.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Bout time somebody knocked that ****ing hero Matai out, who runs up to a brick wall and not expect to get knocked the **** out..lol. Classic

N

Natboy

Take a reality pill.
No thanks bud. I would absolutely hate it if we signed Matai, the cross eyed rapist or any of those pieces of sh1t except maybe DCE, he seems decent. I know all about reality which clearly you don't. Allgood was in the wrong but why was Matai even walking towards him if you want to go down that path?? Was Matai (with his history) going to say, "Now, now son that was uncalled for, please don't hurt my friend again". Now who needs a reality check?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No thanks bud. I would absolutely hate it if we signed Matai, the cross eyed rapist or any of those pieces of sh1t except maybe DCE, he seems decent. I know all about reality which clearly you don't. Allgood was in the wrong but why was Matai even walking towards him if you want to go down that path?? Was Matai (with his history) going to say, "Now, now son that was uncalled for, please don't hurt my friend again". Now who needs a reality check?
Would love to have DCE signed up, im even prepared to say we would go one step better than last year if he was wearing the blue and white

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol @ lucky. I'll pass on him.

The dirty grub is either suspended or injured.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any Manly player (cross eyed or otherwise) who has been convicted of rape.
Not too much reality there.
As to the relative merits of our respective recruitment programmes, we can both happily agree to disagree.
You are right though in saying Matai should have stayed out of it.

If I upset you, I apologise, that wasn't my intention.
Moving on though, good luck tomorrow...
always like to see the storm go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.