Manly V Parramatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
26-6 Manly. Poor Eels, 2 Wooden spoons in a row looking likely.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
40-10. Any other coach and they would be calling for his sacking. Somehow Stuart escapes all criticism. I'm sure he will be complaining about the refs to deflect attention away from his incompetent coaching

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did allgood do? Steve turner tweeted something about a brain snap by allgood

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Taufua should be in Origin, not McManus.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
40-10. Any other coach and they would be calling for his sacking. Somehow Stuart escapes all criticism. I'm sure he will be complaining about the refs to deflect attention away from his incompetent coaching
Stuart said it would take a few years to rebuild the side so he can avoid criticism. Everyone else will take the brunt

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we dodge a bullet with him. At one stage they had him as a certainty to be our next coach.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did allgood do? Steve turner tweeted something about a brain snap by allgood

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
He landed one on Matai after Matai reacted to a swinging arm late in a tackle. I quite enjoyed it seeing him get decked!

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taufua should be in Origin, not McManus.
Was at the match.
A real powerhouse display by Taufua, but not yet...
Still a little sus under high ball, still a few errors.
But he could really reach the top one day.
Have to laugh though - a Parra reject.
Good (for us Eagle types) to see Wolfie back (another former eel).

Manly's chances of winning this years GF a little like the Dogs.
It is possible if no injuries, fair go by refs & planets all perfectly aligned.
I live in hope

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
48 missed tackles.

Stuart can't hide behind his players any longer, he has to start being made accountable.

He landed one on Matai after Matai reacted to a swinging arm late in a tackle. I quite enjoyed it seeing him get decked!
He hit Matai, that shouldn't be a sin bin offence, that should be a contract upgrade right there!!

Also how is it that Matai's face didn't shatter, is he not made of glass?

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Allgood has become a dirty player...

Punched Matai when Matai wasn't even expecting it...

Matai was fuming..

Anyway, if Black Alfie remains in the halves for parra they will struggle big time... and that Paulo is too inconsistent to be a five eight...

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Allgood has become a dirty player...

Punched Matai when Matai wasn't even expecting it...

Matai was fuming..

Anyway, if Black Alfie remains in the halves for parra they will struggle big time... and that Paulo is too inconsistent to be a five eight...
And good to see Matai exercising some self control... with the help of being restrained by teammates & trainer.
Think Allgood was thankful of that restraint too:pray:

Enjoy the publicity Allgood - a nothing that will probably never be heard of again

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allgood was probably expecting a couple of punches from Matai with the way he was walking towards him.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Natboy

Allgood was probably expecting a a couple of punches from Matai with the way he was walking towards him.
Exactly, he got in first. Matai is a grub with form for shit like that. I would've done the same thing if I was allgood. What is he going to do? Wait for Matai to belt him first? The cat got what he has deserved for years

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the game and the performance put in by the Eels can only be described as pathetic.

- Defence was absolutely atrocious across the field
- Sandow does 1 or 2 good things per game
- Fifth tackle options make our fifth tackle options look perfect in comparison. At one point they turned the ball over on the last tackle on their own 40m line
- Absolutely no structure, they always look like they are making up everything as they go along and hope for individual brilliance to pull anything off
- Mitchell Allgood. What a buffoon, the team has enough problems without you being a total knob and getting suspended for weeks. Shows a real problem with discipline within the team

Things are only going to get worse for the Eels with how their team morale must be and having Hayne out for another month. Ricky has no one to blame about the Hayne situation other than himself. I remember before the game where Hayne got injured, Sticky was explaining why he was playing Hayne off the bench and the reason was that Haynes hamstring felt tight. Rest him if they are tight you absolute idiot. He knows Hayne tries to carry the whole team, you cannot risk playing him when he is injured or look what happens.

He better have a damn good plan for next year (bet he doesn't) or they are definitely up for a hat-trick of spoons. If that happens how do they even begin to try and fix that? Fans will abandon them in droves. They can't even attract players now!

They need to hurry up their development of Parra Stadium, that is the only positive thing they have coming in the future at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.