Union faster than League???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched Lion V Wallabies and there wasnt a 40 second period in the entire game where the ref didnt blow the whistle or games wasnt stopped.

Seriously who the hell thinks Union is much faster than League???

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a boring sport...

Is it me, but even the talent seems Reserve Grade like in comparison to League. General kicking is poor, simple set plays are poorly excecuted, players look fat and unfit - list goes on.

I only watched it due to the game being supposedly one of the sport's biggest spectical, but if that's the best Union can offer than it's a no thanks from me.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't understand on what basis you think Union is faster than League ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't understand on what basis you think Union is faster than League ?
All the Union lovers claim that and I ask the same question what you just asked.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what a boring sport...

Is it me, but even the talent seems reserve grade like in comparison to league. General kicking is poor, simple set plays are poorly excecuted, players look fat and unfit - list goes on.

I only watched it due to the game being supposedly one of the sport's biggest spectical, but if that's the best union can offer than it's a no thanks from me.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
injured himself..hamstring i think

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are just biased towards their preferred sport. AFL supporters hate league and vice versa, Union fans say soccer is gay ect ect

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't "get" Union.

Someone gets the ball, runs or passes, then it's stacks on, someone tries to get the ball out. Rinse and repeat.
If it goes out it's a throw in like soccer, and kicks are average at best.

It's like the crap lovechild of Rugby League and Soccer, formed together in union (enjoy the pun?!)

Did you know though, Union actually (according to Wiki at least) predates Rugby League AND Soccer!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was never really able to follow yawnion but i have a mate who complains bitterly that the refs use their whistle to control the outcome of games. I'm worried that league is heading in the same direction.

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I only caught the second half.
Thought it was a boring as hell kick-fest.
Tries only seemed to come after the result was decided via penalty goals.

Though, gotta envy the crowd they pulled

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched the game last night and most of the time is spent kicking, managing scrums, lineouts and walking around, there is little time where actual play happens.

I don't get the attraction to it other than a superiority complex from private school kids.

Oh yeah and did I mention the scrum penalties ? What a bore fest.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Union is shit ! Too many stoppages. Even the fans don't know what half the penalties are for ! There's no way folau will waste away in Australian sport's backwaters ! He's was happy up till now because he's had some success, last night gave him a taste of what playing rugby in Australia is all about !

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I was at that game last night.

The 1st half was a borefest. The 2nd half was much better.

The Lions played proper running Rugby and it was quite entertaining to watch while the Wallabies confirmed to everyone why they are shit and why Australian Rugby is going down the shitters.

As for the game itself, I still dont understand half the rules and why the penalties were blown.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
i tried to watch it but couldnt go past the 1st half

seriously that game is so shit its just stoppages every 30 seconds and some shit**** taking a 1m hit up into 5 guys. someone explain why this happens?

wow that was a crap game and no its not strategic or w/e its just ****ing a dumb****s game.. someone have the penalty count?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Half the backs in the NRL could walk into the wallabies team. Forwards are a little different with there srums.

makes falou look like an even bigger superstar

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Half the backs in the NRL could walk into the wallabies team. Forwards are a little different with there srums.

makes falou look like an even bigger superstar
You only have to see Joe Tomane on the Wing for the Wallabies after being a Reserve Grader at the Storm and Titans for the last couple of years to back your argument.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
95% of Union players would not make it in the NRL. Union encourages non-expansive football and the game is based on possession & field position. Its athletic players suffer and their games don't get any better.
The only teams worth watching are NZ teams and at times, AUS teams who move the ball a bit. The rest of the countries are looking for penalty goals.
Overall, Rugby league is a much better alternative and has it all over Union.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
are we also getting the extended seating for SOO 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.