If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
If the club was run by some of the decisions and opinions by some of the people here there would be 10000 sacking threads and there would be no more CB 1935-2014
Well Said!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I saw the first Sack Des thread on the Kennel and then saw who started it, and thought....figures.

Stupid discussion to have. We dont look like missing the 8 to start with.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move along people - nothing to see here - we WILL make the eight, no problem at all. I figure we will only drop another 2 games for the rest of the year.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous thread. Firstly why are you assuming that we will miss the 8? We still have a chance to make the top 4.

He is halfway through his second season at the club. As far as recruitment goes he has been at the helm for the signing of Inu, Perret, Brown & Drury Low. We had a lack of depth in the outside backs last year and he fixed it. Are we really expected to criticise him for not digging up the whole of the Manly Club, putting it on trucks and just relocating it to Belmore? Get real

At Manly It took Hasler 4 years to get to the GF and 5 to win the comp. His win percentage at Manly was 59%, so far at the Dogs it is 66%. In his first two years at Manly they finished 13th and 8th and suffered some dreadful losses
2004: L52-12 vs Parra, L56-12 vs Newcastle, L 72-12 vs Penrith
2005: L32-6 vs STGI, L38-12 vs Brisbane, L44-6 vs Souths, L49-24 vs Nth OLD

We have had 2 really bad losses this year. One vs Roosters at half strength and one vs Newcastle when we were just terrible.

Hasler is now being judged on the remarkably good form from last year. Compare that to other coaches in their first year at their club like Cleary, Potter, Elliot, Stuart and Bennett etc and he is light years ahead. The only other two who compare are Robinson and Maguire.

To talk about sacking him now is short sighted and plain retarded. So instead of starting stupid threads and then putting yourself on a pedestal and trying to pass off the illusion that u are intellectually superior to everyone else here, why don't you check some facts

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Come on Moe - try a little harder for me - please make me feel better,convince me we can win the comp, and that Hasler should not be unceremoniously dumped. The thought of us not making the 8 horrifies me.I remember when we got the centenary spoon in 2008 I went insane for about 4 months and was a broken man...please Des not again....
So now we are looking at the spoon? You're a fool

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi guys - with us having the bye this week, I have been contemplating the good and the bad of our season in 2013. I know what I am demanding may cause angst, but lets have a thorough analysis into this - if we miss the 8, then Hasler should be, in my opinion,sacked. Why?

1 With our roster, missing the 8 is an absolute disgrace.

2 Who has he brought to our club? That slab of crap Tony Williams and zero else - he implied Foran,DCE,Lyon,both Stewarts and Matai would follow him to us.

3 Our new young guns like Jackson and Finucane are going backwards in their development this year - Jackson has gone from SOO possibility to the bench!

4 We cant seem to compete with the top 8 teams this year - who cares if we beat Parra every week and get obliterated by the big guns?

5 We have no new attacking structures - once we got found out, and our sweeping obstruction plays which resulted in many a great but illegal try were banned, this year we having zero - fat duck egg.

6 Our for and against is atrocious - it is negative, and we are in the 8? Feel proud or
embarassed Mr Hasler?

7 Who is going to control his massive ego now that Greenburg has gone? When we dont make the 8, he will go insane and blame everyone but himself like Frankenstein's monster!

8 Finally, lets not forget that he had a magnificent roster at Manly when he won those two comps, and had Melb not cheated in 2007 maybe they would have won 3.

Is he the coach the media make out? I dont think so - time to go Mr Hasler!!!
1 Perhaps, but not looking likely atm
2 Did he? But At the end of the day, it was Des you signed. You got what you paid for.
3 No comment
4 I think results show this not to be the case (Well, you beat Manly at least)
5 Think I agree with this
6 Comp points are more important
7 Yes, I don't think Des can be accused of suffering from an insecurity complex
8 Ahhhhhh, stroke it for me some more!!! But seriously, Des inherited a a shambles from the mess that was left of the Northern Eagles. The "magnificent roster" was something he was instrumental in building.

I don't think its time for Mr Hasler to go.
But for better or worse you have yourselves a mercenary - he will sell his soul to the highest bidder.
I will agree with your subsequent posts on one point. I think you are fortunate in having Jim Dymock in the wings.
He showed great promise during his time as caretaker coach and will have learnt well under Hasler.
Yes, unfortunate that he has his roots in the rabbits, but then, Des came from the panthers... do do do do

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
btw folkes got absolutely no leeway a few years after winning the competition, in fact he got let go despite making the finals

but this thread title should be changed to should hasler be blamed, in which case yes he should be blamed

btw james graham vs tony williams= kevin moore has a victory over hasler imo
The thread title should actually be changed to Moved: If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

To the trash bin lol.

The OP is a school holiday troll. 111 thumbs down to 2 up, from 60 posts. That indicates hes spewing a bunch of BS and isnt deterred by the fact everyone things hes a douche.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cb 1935 = debs = the mobile = biggest troll in the history of this forum

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The thread title should actually be changed to Moved: If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

To the trash bin lol.

The OP is a school holiday troll. 111 thumbs down to 2 up, from 60 posts. That indicates hes spewing a bunch of BS and isnt deterred by the fact everyone things hes a douche.
DN I view negs as a badge of honour.

He makes a valid point - Hasler has sp much power at the club and when should we expect results?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DN I view negs as a badge of honour.

He makes a valid point - Hasler has sp much power at the club and when should we expect results?
Bennet has more power than Hasler at Knights and much better players on paper than us..... WTF has he done in last 2 years?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
CB 1935 tbh you are a Disgrace to the bulldogs Fans here on The Kennel.

C

CB 1935

Bennet has more power than Hasler at Knights and much better players on paper than us..... WTF has he done in last 2 years?
Bennett has better players at the Knights? Now that's a ripper! Only the cemetery has older players on it's roster than Newcastle.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett has better players at the Knights? Now that's a ripper! Only the cemetery has older players on it's roster than Newcastle.
Qld team has older players... dumb argument

Status
Not open for further replies.